Osmo Action 3 for Skydiving?
1602 3 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
outcoldman
New

United States

Hello,

For skydiving, we mostly use GoPros right now.  Never actually saw at this point anybody wearing OSMO Action cameras. Probably for the reasons of the magnet mounts of previous versions.

We are falling from the sky at 120-200mph, plus can generate another 100mph+ speeds horizontally. And deployment of the parachutes can give a good snap effect, so anything magnetic might not stay. And it is not only a problem of losing the camera but also the idea that the camera will fall from say 5000ft on somebody can be dangerous, as we jump around the world, above the neighborhoods, cities, public places.

I see that version 3 has those snaps now, which should handle this environment better. Curious if somebody from DJI can confirm if this action camera is suitable for those environments. Do you have any sponsored athletes who wear them? Have you tested it on skydives? I have not seen any skydiving videos in the overview.
2022-9-14
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

My Action 2 has the same clips on the bottom where the magnets are. I can't release the camera without releasing the clips then pulling the magnets apart. I found quite a few posts and websites where others used the Action 2 for skydiving. I would assume with the Action 3 using the same, if not better, clipping system, they should hold really well. I just Googled Osmo Action 2 Skydive
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We need to coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification and for us to make sure that the product can use for the said task. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Action3 is suitable for skydiving. the steel clips is the key to fix camera and mount, which is much more stronger that plastic part(same material on osmo action and other action cam mount).

We tested kinds of impact. even the plastic part gets damaged, the steel clips and action3 cam bottom are still safe and sound.
2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules