Operation "Fix Invert Y Axis"
2471 19 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XOZalFdnKg2M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71946 ft
Canada

I have been flying for over 20 years on Xbox and PC games with the ascend/descend (Look) button Inverted. I would like to fly my new FPV drone in Mode 3 with the ascend/descend inverted, so when the right stick is pulled towards me the drone goes up. This is how most PC/Gamers play. This needs to be fixed. You're losing a ton of customers by this not being an option. I know and have heard of many people that refused to buy/play a game because the Y axis couldn't be inverted. A simple firmware update. Please make this a real priority!
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We understand your preference and thank you for your feedback. We will relay your suggestions to our related team for evaluation. We hope such a function can be rolled out through a firmware update soon. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. We appreciate your understanding.
2022-12-4
Use props
yensysl1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491699 ft
  • >>>
United States

absolutely ...right there with you.. ive been using the avata with motion controller because too scared to wreck it with the controller 2.  waiting for mode 3 with invert.. been flying dji for ever with sticks customized.  Hope the fix this problem
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_y9EBNhzNxQ9V
New

United States

Honestly, I would have asked for a drone from a different manufacturer had I known about this issue.  I guess I thought  that it was a no-brainer to release controls such that it controls like an ACTUAL AIRCRAFT.  It's like selling right-side drive vehicles in the U.S.  This has gotten me so frustrated that I've begun flooding reviews on DJI vehicles, about this exact issue and giving it a one star.  And that one star is only because I can't give less.  Someone should have gotten fired at some point, because I sure as hell will be avoiding their products because of something so obviously stupid to overlook.
2023-4-13
Use props
Hyspead
New

United States

I have crashed my FPV drone twice and really considering a custom build because of this reason, I had no idea this wasn’t a option
2023-4-27
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

The inability to invert the axis for me, initially was the blocker from me buying the FPV. I hope and agree with everyone, that I should be able to invert the pitch axis as it’s a leant muscle memory and pattern behaviour, whether through playing other flight based games, or real world piloting a plane.

Please don’t consider this is a few people asking for this functionality. It’s normal behaviour that when you push a stick down that something descends and pull up to climb.
2023-4-27
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-4 21:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We understand your preference and thank you for your feedback. We will relay your suggestions to our related team for evaluation. We hope such a function can be rolled out through a firmware update soon. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. We appreciate your understanding.

Given that your reply was in 2022, I’m guessing your reply was all hot air as nothing has been done to release such a firmware update or was considered as such a low priority in dev, that we just have to continue to be ignored?
2023-4-27
Use props
Hyspead
New

United States

Waldo4280 Posted at 4-27 22:58
Given that your reply was in 2022, I’m guessing your reply was all hot air as nothing has been done to release such a firmware update or was considered as such a low priority in dev, that we just have to continue to be ignored?

Seems that way, I have sold my fpv quad and went back the building my own. This is just to much money to only to have to retrain my brain just to enjoy myself. We have a nice group of fellas that fly some for work and other for recreation and for the most part we re in agreement about this matter and I totally agree with you that this is just normal flight behavior.
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Waldo4280 Posted at 4-27 22:58

Hi, Waldo4280. Thanks for checking in. We're sorry, but we have not received any updates regarding such function yet. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please note that all feedback are important to us and go through evaluation. Our engineers need to consider all aspects before having a new feature/function/compatibility implemented. We will continue to relay such feedback for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-4-29
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-29 04:55
Hi, Waldo4280. Thanks for checking in. We're sorry, but we have not received any updates regarding such function yet. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please note that all feedback are important to us and go through evaluation. Our engineers need to consider all aspects before having a new feature/function/compatibility implemented. We will continue to relay such feedback for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I’d ask the PO/PM to seriously consider implementing the ability to invert the y axis. Releases, features, epics, whatever you want to call them should always consider typical patterns of behaviour, and this is an prime example.

How this was ever not considered as providing customer value, I jut don’t understand.
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Waldo4280 Posted at 4-30 04:50
I’d ask the PO/PM to seriously consider implementing the ability to invert the y axis. Releases, features, epics, whatever you want to call them should always consider typical patterns of behaviour, and this is an prime example.

How this was ever not considered as providing customer value, I jut don’t understand.

We understand your input. We cannot guarantee anything, but we assure you that such feedback will reach the related team. We hope this can get implemented in the future.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_FDeHDdn0oMml
New
Flight distance : 387 ft
United States

Is there a fix for this yet?  
2023-11-25
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

This almost stopped me from buying the FPV, but I gave in in the hope that this would be allowed as an option to invert the Y axis.
2023-11-26
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

As a model airplane pilot the inverted Y-axis in mode 2 is very confusing to me. I understand people have been complaining about this literally for years now, but DJI is not interested.
A real disappointment, as my DJI mini3 pro is otherwise a brilliant unit.
DJI -FIX THIS- please..
2023-12-5
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

Does the Mini 3 pro controller have hall effect or pot sensors?
2023-12-9
Use props
ludwigfpv
New

Lithuania

Has this been fixed?
2023-12-23
Use props
djiuser_AjKpwvE26n9k
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BUMP. Has this issue been addressed yet please?
5-20 12:08
Use props
Bad Monk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Re the invert of right stick, push forward to descend and pull back to ascend.
5-21 03:55
Use props
Bad Monk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anyone please?
5-21 11:14
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

djiuser_y9EBNhzNxQ9V Posted at 2023-4-13 13:12
Honestly, I would have asked for a drone from a different manufacturer had I known about this issue.  I guess I thought  that it was a no-brainer to release controls such that it controls like an ACTUAL AIRCRAFT.  It's like selling right-side drive vehicles in the U.S.  This has gotten me so frustrated that I've begun flooding reviews on DJI vehicles, about this exact issue and giving it a one star.  And that one star is only because I can't give less.  Someone should have gotten fired at some point, because I sure as hell will be avoiding their products because of something so obviously stupid to overlook.

This is nonsense. No actual aircraft work like you want to do. In Mode 2, the right stick controls pitch. Pull back, pitch up. Push forward, pitch down just like you would expect in an actual aircraft.

And get your aerodynamic axis correct - roll around the longitudinal axis, pitch about the lateral axis, and yaw about the vertical axis. Y is for yaw.

5-23 11:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules