Osmo Mobile 6 Tryout
1055 1 2023-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlessVisuals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6142 ft
Mexico

Personally, it was my first mobile phone gimbal, and even gimbal in general, therefore I was not quite sure what to expect. Straight out of the box the impressions are enjoyable, the packaging, the details and the experience in general feels great. The OM6 feels comfortable on the hand, it is the right size. Not too big and not too small, making it portable and useful at the same time. I liked that you can fold it nicely and the gimbal is locked so it's not moving around when packed.

The LCD screen is very useful to quickly check in what mode you are in and to change across them with the “M” button. The magnetic phone holder is very practical, as it allows the setup of the gimbal to be super quick. Simply, in a matter of seconds you can get your phone out, attach it and begin recording. The video is really smooth straight out of the camera, and using the gimbal itself is very intuitive for someone like me who had no previous experience with stabilizers.

The extension rod is helpful in order to get those low-angle shots in an easy way.  It also makes it work as a selfie stick, which is great for family trips to get very nice pictures.

Something that I noticed is that sometimes the gimbal is not perfectly balanced when putting the phone right away. However with the calibration function in the MIMO App this can be corrected quickly. The good thing is that you won’t need to calibrate it every time you use it, it's just a few times that it is not fully balanced.

The Android version of the MIMO App has some bugs. When trying to lock exposure it changes the scene completely making it either very dark or very bright, and the focus/zoom wheel also seems a bit buggy. Nevertheless, some features such as ActiveTrack 5.0 or shooting modes like time lapse or hyperlapses work well. I would’ve liked an option where you could adjust the video settings of the camera manually, to change shutter speed, iso, etc. To unlock the full potential of the app, maybe an Apple device would be necessary.

Whilst the app is very handy, you can perfectly use the gimbal on your native camera app from your device. This is a nice thing to have when you just want to snap a quick video.

The OM6 is an amazing piece of kit to have, especially nowadays when phone content is extremely demanded and pretty useful in any social media out there. The change between landscape and vertical mode is a game changer for this, as you can change it in just two clicks. It will use practically no space in your bag and it will take your videos to a whole new level. This is why I think it is worth it, because all newer phones have effective cameras and in order to get the most out of them a gimbal like this one is the perfect addition. IMG_1672-min-min.jpg IMG_1363-min-min-min.jpg IMG_1716-min-min.jpg IMG_1682-min-min.jpg IMG_1674-min-min.jpg IMG_1657-min-min.jpg IMG_1595-min-min.jpg IMG_1358-min-min.jpg

IMG_1672-min-min.jpg
2023-1-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2023-1-4
Use props
Advanced