2656 5 2023-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf491992d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Purchased the RS 3 Mini, but I was barely able to move the vertical bar on the horizontal bar for the tilt axis. It was so tight and so hard to move it, that it was impossible to make any precise adjustments because so much force needed to be applied that when it finally did move, it moved too far. I figured this was a minor defect and returned it to DJI for a replacement.

I received the replacement RS 3 Mini but the problem is even worse than before (it is now even tighter and metal scratches against metal when trying to adjust the tilt axis). And now with the replacement unit, I am experiencing the same problem with the roll axis. So much force needs to be applied to get it to move that making a precise adjustment is impossible.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

https://youtube.com/shorts/Nm_nf-YKSm8?feature=share

Maybe I just got unlucky and received both units out of a bad batch that were poorly machined or something.

It is not normal that so much force needs to be applied and that metal is scratching against metal when trying to make any micro-adjustments to balance the camera. So for now I am returning the replacement unit for a full refund and I will only buy this product again if DJI makes some improvements so that things are easy to adjust and no metal scratches against metal.

2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2023-2-13
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-13 01:28
Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.

Any news from the "corresponding team"?
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf491992d Posted at 2-15 07:28
Any news from the "corresponding team"?

Sorry for the late reply, we have confirmed with the relevant team that according to the video you provided, you are pushing at the top of the arm when you are pushing, and this problem may be caused by unbalanced force. We recommend that you push the middle position to adjust. If you installed a camera, we recommend that you hold the camera with your hand to adjust it.
2023-2-16
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-16 18:56
Sorry for the late reply, we have confirmed with the relevant team that according to the video you provided, you are pushing at the top of the arm when you are pushing, and this problem may be caused by unbalanced force. We recommend that you push the middle position to adjust. If you installed a camera, we recommend that you hold the camera with your hand to adjust it.

Thank you for the reply DJI Mindy.
The tilt axis adjustments bars do move a little easier when I push it from the middle, but, metal is still scratching against metal and it is very bumpy when it moves (not smooth at all).

The pan axis adjustment bar is "silky smooth" when making any adjustments to the pan axis. This is exactly how the tilt axis bars should be, exactly like the pan axis: "silky smooth". I think DJI should look into this and potentially make some changes if needed, because it is not normal, even when pushing from the middle like you have suggested that I do, that metal is scratching against metal and that it is not smooth and easy, but instead bumpy and jarring.

I guess I should still return my unit for a refund as now the horizontal bar on the tilt axis is all scratched from metal scratching against metal and there is nothing I dislike more than having something brand new already scratched.

Thank you again for your reply.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf491992d Posted at 2-16 20:04
Thank you for the reply DJI Mindy.
The tilt axis adjustments bars do move a little easier when I push it from the middle, but, metal is still scratching against metal and it is very bumpy when it moves (not smooth at all).

Could you please try again as we suggested and provide another video for us to confirm?
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules