Focus problem on cable with Nikon D780
1924 9 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexandru Filip
lvl.1
Romania

Hello guys,

I have a DJI RS3 Pro and i have a problem with focus. Before the last update, when I connected my Nikon D780 and clicked on manual focus from the camera, I could focus from the front wheel, after the last update I tried again and whatever setting I did, it didn't want to focus, the camera is connected by cable. The only way to focus is if I'm in automatic focus mode. I don't understand why it does this and how I managed to focus on the manual before and now it doesn't work anymore. Am I doing something wrong? The website says that they are compatible and you can focus on the Nikon D780
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you be able to send us an video to see the issue? Please also show us the setup and firmware in the video. We will escalate your issue to our engineers.
2023-3-20
Use props
Alexandru Alexandru
New

Romania

I will try to film today and post It. I tried yesterday different settings. When the camera is in AF mode i can focus with the front wheel, if i put It on Manual focus don’t focus anymore. In the website says the camera must be in AF-S.
2023-3-20
Use props
Alexandru Filip
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-20 23:10
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you be able to send us an video to see the issue? Please also show us the setup and firmware in the video. We will escalate your issue to our engineers.

I can't upload video, only pictures. I will leave a link from wetransfer.

https://we.tl/t-Ax69eEOQCe
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Alexandru Filip Posted at 3-21 02:30
I can't upload video, only pictures. I will leave a link from wetransfer.

https://we.tl/t-Ax69eEOQCe

Thank you so much. We have escalated the issue to our engineers. We will report the update here.
Would you please check the firmware version and tell us?
2023-3-22
Use props
Alexandru Filip
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-22 05:08
Thank you so much. We have escalated the issue to our engineers. We will report the update here.
Would you please check the firmware version and tell us?

I make a Photo whit the firmware.

Thank you
4A5268A7-561F-49A7-B569-535A7D9AADBA.png
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Alexandru Filip Posted at 3-22 05:27
I make a Photo whit the firmware.

Thank you

Thanks. Added it.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We received back the result from our engineers.
Nikon D780 is not on the compatible list for DJI RS 3 pro currently. This indicates we did not test the camera's compatibility before. Thus, there is a possibility that the control function may not work properly due to incompatibility.
https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility
For your issue, you can refer to the note when DJI RS2 is used with Nikon D780.
How to set up focus pull: Enter the live view of the camera, set the lens focus mode to AF, and set the camera focus mode to AF-S.
It is normal that the related functions can be realized only if the camera is set under specific modes on grounds of the camera protocol.
2023-3-23
Use props
Alexandru Filip
lvl.1
Romania

Thank you for the answer
2023-3-23
Use props
Arianespace
New

France

Hello, do you know if the RS3 will be compatible with the D780 in the future ? Thanks.
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules