gryo going u/down on timelapse
740 20 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

why on Earth would this happen each stop & go. is it due to the   technology that is in DJI called a Gyro that is  going whacko

2023-7-12
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290601
2023-7-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 7-12 11:43
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290601

that looks the opposite left and right.   for me, my DJI standing still it adjusts,  can not expect perfection at $329.99 on Two day Prime day   top dollar still
2023-7-12
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Same principle.
2023-7-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yep I hear ya.  guess the dips can out weigh the sway
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Fishycomics. When the stabilization function is enabled in the Osmo Action series products, the devices will judge the direction of gravity based on the gyroscope in the IMU, and determine the horizontal angle of the picture afterwards. However, the inertia caused by sudden acceleration/deceleration during driving or the centripetal force generated by turning will "offset" the gyroscope's judgment on the gravity direction, so under certain circumstances, the screen will be skewed in different directions. Or during the driving process, the car will show a certain tilt in scenarios such as sudden acceleration, deceleration, and turning, the Osmo Action Series product will also tilt along with the car because it is attached. I hope this helps. Have a great day.
2023-7-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you so we have no "Option" for Rocksteady in Hyperlapse,  and the comp/camera is determining it
2023-7-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Record ordinary video in 4:3 with no RS and speed up in post!
2023-7-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

agree    but   I rather use a gopro that reacts a lot better
2023-7-13
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 7-12 21:31
Hi, Fishycomics. When the stabilization function is enabled in the Osmo Action series products, the devices will judge the direction of gravity based on the gyroscope in the IMU, and determine the horizontal angle of the picture afterwards. However, the inertia caused by sudden acceleration/deceleration during driving or the centripetal force generated by turning will "offset" the gyroscope's judgment on the gravity direction, so under certain circumstances, the screen will be skewed in different directions. Or during the driving process, the car will show a certain tilt in scenarios such as sudden acceleration, deceleration, and turning, the Osmo Action Series product will also tilt along with the car because it is attached. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

That's bull......a gyroscope would work perfectly in this situation, you're using only the accelerometer data at the beginning and then it is fixed with the gyro data.
2023-7-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Andreas Dueck Posted at 7-13 10:18
That's bull......a gyroscope would work perfectly in this situation, you're using only the accelerometer data at the beginning and then it is fixed with the gyro data.

totally agree! I am trying to see if upside down  usage is   worse then  using it rightside up., seems the Action 3 has no clue what is rightside up here
2023-7-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2023-7-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

So it work great upside down?
2023-7-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

no, most use in a car upside down.
2023-7-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I have mounted right way standing on lower side of windshield, but never tested OA3 as dashcam. Think I should test it with hyperlapse next time.
2023-7-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear ya. we'll see what results you get compared to the posted vid. gonna try this with a gopro  see if it    offers the same dipping but not on a car though
2023-7-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

More or less this is how Action cameras Act  even when stationary.
2023-7-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

A hyperlapse test I did today, looks great, but not in 4K yet

2023-7-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-17 12:16
A hyperlapse test I did today, looks great, but not in 4K yet
https://youtu.be/uApYHszNtCs

much better then the one I showed,  great job,j just one big problem, NO SNOW!
2023-7-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 7-17 12:22
much better then the one I showed,  great job,j just one big problem, NO SNOW!

I find it strange that mine did work great, but probably since your was upside down.

Haha yeah we doesn't want snow here in summer
2023-7-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-17 12:39
I find it strange that mine did work great, but probably since your was upside down.

Haha yeah we doesn't want snow here in summer

if hte settings are not exact then that may be an issue?
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules