Stick error two thirds of the time
793 10 2023-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Hennesey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114350 ft
United States

I love my Mavic 2 Pro - flew it a bunch, right until I started getting 'stick error' at least two thirds of the time when I power it on.  I flew it three times in two and half years because I'm upset that something so expensive and so well built - suffers from such an issue.  

DJI - Please tell me you have an easy fix for this?  The drone and goggles cannot be used unless I trust the controller.  

Thank you in advance,
John
2023-7-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried calibrating the controller?
2023-7-24
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-24 16:06
Have you tried calibrating the controller?

ok, that made me laugh!  Thanks, I needed that - I was frustrated when I posted this.

Yep, I have calibrated the controller at least a dozen times.  It is intermittent - tonight I turned it on, no problem.  Had to turn it off [mag interference], turned it back on, stick error.  Turned it off, it went away on its own.

The usual pattern is I have to calibrate most times I turn it on - even if it was on and working a minute before.

John
2023-7-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you thought of getting a second hand one? Or open you current one to see if you can see a dodgy connection?
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend calibrating the remote every month. However, if you're saying that this issue occurs frequently and you have already tried calibrating it multiple times, please send the drone to us for testing or repair. You can submit a repair request here. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-24 16:38
Have you thought of getting a second hand one? Or open you current one to see if you can see a dodgy connection?

Second hand one - I'm hoping isn't necessary.  The cost of the remote has gone up so much - I'd prefer to repair.

And open it up?  That's a last resort.  My hunch is something internal to the gimbals.  I know there are different levels of gimbals - Hall is one of the better ones [connectionless, magnetism] - I assume DJI used them.  I have never had issues with any of my other remotes [10+ years now, they're hall].

Thank you for the suggestions though!
-John
2023-7-25
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 22:58
Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend calibrating the remote every month. However, if you're saying that this issue occurs frequently and you have already tried calibrating it multiple times, please send the drone to us for testing or repair. You can submit a repair request here. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.

Thank you for your response - for the first two years I never had to calibrate it, I didn't think it was necessary that often.  I am going to fly it every day for a week - if it stick-error's I will sent it in.

Thank you for your response,
John
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

John Hennesey Posted at 7-25 07:57
Thank you for your response - for the first two years I never had to calibrate it, I didn't think it was necessary that often.  I am going to fly it every day for a week - if it stick-error's I will sent it in.

Thank you for your response,

Alright, John. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-25 21:18
Alright, John. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.

Made it two weeks and got the error again.  Filling out a repair form now.  Thanks again.
2023-8-18
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 22:58

Since there isn't a category in the repair form for controller malfunction it is recommending I send in the drone, gimbal protector, controller, battery, charging hub and any other accessories.  Sounds a bit overkill - will sending in just the controller work?
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

John Hennesey Posted at 8-18 16:38
Since there isn't a category in the repair form for controller malfunction it is recommending I send in the drone, gimbal protector, controller, battery, charging hub and any other accessories.  Sounds a bit overkill - will sending in just the controller work?

Hi there, John. It is recommended but it's not really required. Sending just the controller will be fine. Please make sure to not include any third-party accessories. Have a great day.
2023-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules