iPad mini 6 Compatibility
952 3 2023-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I know that in the past I have asked DJI many times for compatibility for the iPad mini 6 which uses a USB C compatilbility.  I was curious if you had any updates for this yet?  It has been a long time since I have brought this up.  With the Iphone 15 coming out soon with a USB C port rumored to be the charging/Data port you may want to get this fixed.  Because the problem seems to be  a port problem and not a software problem.  I know this because I used a Ipad 5 which uses a lightning port briefly and the IPadOS 16.6 which is the latest OS for it.  The only difference betweek the two was the port between the two.  Right now the only way I can use the Phantom 4 Pro is using my Iphone 14 Pro Max which has a lightning port.  Like I said the Iphone 15 is rumored to come out with a USB C, that would make the Iphone incompatible with the Phantom 4 Pro.  I don't know if you want to let this happen.  I have also tried this on my Ipad Pro 12.9" that uses the USB C port as well and it doesn't work either.  So I don't know what to do, and I don't plan to purchase legacy products.
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Shawgod. Sorry for the inconvenience. This request has already been referred to our relevant team multiple times. However, it is still not listed on the compatibility list. We currently don't have information yet about the future plans with Apple. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-8-2
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have conceded that DJI has no intentions on getting this to work.  They figure this is a dead drone and they don't want to put any more Research and Development into it or provide technical support for it.  When I ask DJI to get on this they say they are going to get this back to their technicians pr relative team, or something like that. But they don't or do and it gets ignored.  Why would they?  It's not like we could return the Drone at this point.  They got it to work with the lightning port which was out at this time, they could care less about the USB C port on the Apple devices.  Having so many people tell me that they got this to work if you buy this adapter and cable combination has proven to be expensive and doesn't work.  When I ask for proof that these fixes work I can't get proof.  Apparently the only thing that does work in tablets is anything with a lightning cable port on it.  So as a caution to all of you I have tried about 5-6 different combinations of adapters and wires, they didn't work.  I just spent a lot of money on these.  Buy yourself a used iPad with a lightning port, not a USB C port on it.  It will never work, as DJI will never put any R & D on it.  Well I am going to end up buying a iPad mini 5 for my requirements.  Yes I can buy the 10" iPad on the market, but it is a little large for me.  I wish you all luck.
2023-8-9
Use props
dervin
lvl.1

United States

This is extremely frustrating and not a good look for DJI compatibility and support. I've not been able to use my Phantom 4 since I got an ipad mini 6.  DJI, please make this a priority!!!  I shouldn't have to buy an old ipad just to fly this drone.
2023-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules