Please Set Timecode in Videos
1256 8 2023-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

Just like in your Osmo Action Cameras, please allow the timecode to be set in the video files per the GPS Time in the drone and be free running.  This would make syncing drone video with other video captured on the ground with Osmo Action cameras super easy.

EDIT: Let me give a few more details so that you understand my "just like in your OSMO Action cameras" statement.  The feature we all need is to use the GPS Time as the master clock, and the ability from the controller to set that clock as the free running timer for the timecode which would be stored in the video metadata.  That's it.  That would allow us to synchronize across other accurate clocks set in other devices (e.g. OSMO Action 4).

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to also support attaching a time generator to the controller and have that accurate time be used for the clock instead, but that isn't necessary in my book as the clock in the drone is good enough.  Given the shorter flight times the drift shouldn't be too bad, certainly no more than a second for 30 minutes of footage.

2023-8-7
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes please!  Make this available in all of your drones and cameras like on the Action.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any trouble this has caused. We value your opinion, and we'll forward this message to the relevant team for review. Please stay tuned to our official website for updates.
2023-8-7
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

It is possible to turn on subtitles. Is there the information you need?
2023-8-7
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 8-7 17:03
It is possible to turn on subtitles. Is there the information you need?

No.  Timecode allows syncing multiple cameras easily.
2023-8-7
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-7 16:53
Hello there! Thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any trouble this has caused. We value your opinion, and we'll forward this message to the relevant team for review. Please stay tuned to our official website for updates.

Diana,

Any update on this?
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ronj Posted at 9-3 16:51
Diana,

Any update on this?

Hi there. Apologies, we have yet to receive any information regarding the matter. Please keep an eye on our official website for any news and updates. Thanks again for your patience.
2023-9-4
Use props
VasMan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I went from Mini 2, to Mini 3 Pro and now Mini 4 Pro, unfortunately the lack of timecode support on the DJI Drones video footage, even until today 23/10/2023, is very obvious and impacting to anyone that wants to do some multi-cam clips and sync them correctly with minimal effort. What is the most annoying is that your video file name and file stamp has the correct timestamp, and your telemetry data (via subtitles) also has that level of data but in the metadata you decide to ignore it.

Is obvious this request fall on deaf ears as I have seen multiple such requests from the last 2-3 years and for various DJI Drone models…but no action from DJI. Just the usual diplomatic response of we will review and keep checking for the next decade until we decide to do something about it.

2023-10-23
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
United States

DJI - I'm the OP checking back in.  Is there an ETA on this?
5-7 14:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules