Rc controller lighting up 0 percent but doesn't work
1298 6 2023-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hack3rmAn
lvl.1

France

Hi everyone, first of all, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have a mavic 2 pro drone, and a RC1A controller. I have been using it for quite a while with no problems, but yesterday i tried to use it and it showed 0 percent battery, so i tried charing it, but it is only showing "bat 0 pct" and i can't turn it on. I have tried different methods of charging, including the original dji power brick, another cable and another power brick. i think i fried the micro usb port, but if i have done that, how could the controller charge enough for the 0 prct to be displayed?
Thanks in advance for your responses
2023-8-12
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Unfortunately the charging port (micro-USB) on the RC1A and RC1B can easily be damaged if one is not careful when inserting and removing the plug.
It can easily be replaced, there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it.
The worst part is to disassemble the controller, here is a good video on how to do it: This is instruction how to replace the battery, but once you have opened the controller the micro-USB port is easily replaced.
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hack3rmAn. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below (feel free to skip the steps which you already performed):

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).
2. Check if the charged method is correct. Make sure the charging cable is plugged in tightly, and try plugging it in again.
3. Check the LED on the remote controller and confirm if it is in the charging state. If yes, please try charging for 2 hours to see if the power increases. If it still cannot charge, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable.

If the charging continues to fail, please provide us with a video showing the issue. Please keep us posted.
2023-8-12
Use props
Hack3rmAn
lvl.1

France

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-12 09:16
Unfortunately the charging port (micro-USB) on the RC1A and RC1B can easily be damaged if one is not careful when inserting and removing the plug.
It can easily be replaced, there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it.
The worst part is to disassemble the controller, here is a good video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2l2DXUV3IQThis is instruction how to replace the battery, but once you have opened the controller the micro-USB port is easily replaced.
Ok thank you, but before replacing the USB port I just wanted to be sure that it was indeed the USB port that is faulty, because people only would replace it only if their controller where not powering on, mine is, but only staying at 0 percent.
Do you have any links where I could buy mini USB port for this? Again thanks for the help!
2023-8-12
Use props
Hack3rmAn
lvl.1

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-12 17:47
Hi, Hack3rmAn. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below (feel free to skip the steps which you already performed):

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).
It does say charging and is showing a LED charging state. I am currently using a 5V charger, and it is doing the same thing if I use the charger from the dji power brick. I have left it for more than 2h and it is showing 0 percent. I also cannot turn it on, by pressing the button and releasing it and pressing it down and holding like normal power up, it is still not doing the "connecting" part. Also right now, the bat 0 Percent is always showing if not plugged in. Again thanks for the help
16919022394502703239801385310457.jpg
16919023351972378206922350792335.jpg
16919025321789085301555212825.jpg
16919025451399154901947835040084.jpg
2023-8-12
Use props
Hack3rmAn
lvl.1

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-12 17:47

1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100% (All four bars of the battery level indicator are on).

hey i have replied but you didn't get back to me
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hack3rmAn Posted at 8-12 20:53
It does say charging and is showing a LED charging state. I am currently using a 5V charger, and it is doing the same thing if I use the charger from the dji power brick. I have left it for more than 2h and it is showing 0 percent. I also cannot turn it on, by pressing the button and releasing it and pressing it down and holding like normal power up, it is still not doing the "connecting" part. Also right now, the bat 0 Percent is always showing if not plugged in. Again thanks for the help

Hi, Hack3rmAn. Thank you for the photos. Please try using another cable and wall charger. If the issue persists, we highly recommend that you send your device back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support).
2023-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules