Mic
2419 6 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I was wondering if the Wireless Mics that DJI sells work with the Osmo 6 Mobile?  I asked their sales represenative and they said yes, but after reading some reviews I see no answers.  So I am getting mixed signals here.  I don't want to purchase something and find out that it doesn't work.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the hardware design restrictions, the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal cannot be connected to an external microphone. If you're planning to connect it to your phone, there are no limitations on software and hardware regarding the external microphone function. It depends on the support of the mobile phone and microphone. If the microphone is compatible with your mobile phone, please keep your mobile phone steady when using a third-party wired microphone or wireless microphone (Avoid using a microphone that is too heavy or a cable that is too long, both of which may cause the mobile phone to tilt). Make sure that the gimbal is functioning properly.

When using with the DJI Mic:
1. Use a mobile phone adapter to connect a mobile device to the DJI Mic receiver.
2. Attach the mobile device and the DJI Mic receiver to the DJI OM 6 mobile device holder. Then, complete balancing.
2023-8-28
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-28 23:05
Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the hardware design restrictions, the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal cannot be connected to an external microphone. If you're planning to connect it to your phone, there are no limitations on software and hardware regarding the external microphone function. It depends on the support of the mobile phone and microphone. If the microphone is compatible with your mobile phone, please keep your mobile phone steady when using a third-party wired microphone or wireless microphone (Avoid using a microphone that is too heavy or a cable that is too long, both of which may cause the mobile phone to tilt). Make sure that the gimbal is functioning properly.

When using with the DJI Mic:

The OM 5 mobile is last years model of the Osmo mobile 6.  Why wouldn't it work?  
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 8-29 09:28
The OM 5 mobile is last years model of the Osmo mobile 6.  Why wouldn't it work?

Hi, Shawgod. May we ask how did you make it work with the Osmo Mobile 5? The information provided above applies to other DJI Osmo Mobile models: Osmo Mobile 3/DJI OM 4 series/DJI OM 5/Osmo Mobile 6/Osmo Mobile SE.
2023-9-2
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-2 04:37
Hi, Shawgod. May we ask how did you make it work with the Osmo Mobile 5? The information provided above applies to other DJI Osmo Mobile models: Osmo Mobile 3/DJI OM 4 series/DJI OM 5/Osmo Mobile 6/Osmo Mobile SE.

I think there is some confusion going on.  I never got this working with anything.  I am looking at purchasing the DJI microphone to use for VLOG and I just purchased and enjoy the Osmo Mobile 6.  I was wondering about using it with the Osmo Mobile 6.  Whether this would work?  If it worked on previous models, why wouldn't it work on this model?
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 9-2 06:03
I think there is some confusion going on.  I never got this working with anything.  I am looking at purchasing the DJI microphone to use for VLOG and I just purchased and enjoy the Osmo Mobile 6.  I was wondering about using it with the Osmo Mobile 6.  Whether this would work?  If it worked on previous models, why wouldn't it work on this model?

Hi, Shawgod. As mentioned above. Due to the hardware design restrictions, the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal cannot be connected to an external microphone. If you're planning to connect it to your phone, there are no limitations on software and hardware regarding the external microphone function. It depends on the support of the mobile phone and microphone.

If you would like to use either Osmo Mobile 5 or 6 with the DJI Mic, it still depends on your phone as it will be connected to your phone, not with the Osmo Mobile 5/6 as they are used as stabilizers only.

If you will use the DJI Mic and Osmo Mobile 5/6 with your phone, please follow the steps below:
1. Use a mobile phone adapter to connect a mobile device to the DJI Mic receiver.
2. Attach the mobile device and the DJI Mic receiver to the DJI OM 6 mobile device holder. Then, complete balancing.

Hope this clarifies your concnern. If not, please let us know. Thank you.
2023-9-6
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-6 04:50
Hi, Shawgod. As mentioned above. Due to the hardware design restrictions, the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal cannot be connected to an external microphone. If you're planning to connect it to your phone, there are no limitations on software and hardware regarding the external microphone function. It depends on the support of the mobile phone and microphone.

If you would like to use either Osmo Mobile 5 or 6 with the DJI Mic, it still depends on your phone as it will be connected to your phone, not with the Osmo Mobile 5/6 as they are used as stabilizers only.

FYI .... I just watched the sales video for this device, like if you want to buy this on the DJI sales page.  And in the video it clearly shows and states that it is compatible with the Osmo Mobile 6.  You should watch your videos before answering these questions.
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules