2 external wired mono mics left/right channels?
2563 20 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IlGdCFMlH1cJ
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to connect 2 external mono mics to the Action 3 USB C input?
I would like to have one mic recording on left channel and the other mic recording on the right channel so that I can adjust audio eq and levels separately later in Lumafusion.

Does DJI have a recommended setup (a 2-mono mic input to stereo usbc output adapter or something?) for this that is NOT wireless? I have a specific need to use two wired mics. Thanks!

2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI does not offer Mic adapters  you may be best to find a 3rd party and  hack the leads.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_IlGdCFMlH1cJ. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we don't have any recommendation for the setup or an adapter for you to connect 2 wired mics. Hopefully, you can get suggestions from other users regarding that one. What we can recommend is using a DJI Mic with 2 TX and 1 RX so that you can record left and right audio channels using the  Action 3. On  DJI Mic settings, just change the channel mode to S (Stereo): Under Stereo mode, the audio will be separated into left and right channels. Hope this helps.
2023-8-29
Use props
Flying Skwerl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374528 ft
United States

Using a rode ai micro usb audio interface,
Rode AI-Micro USB Audio Interface https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KZJTW73?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Also , rode smartlav+ lavalier mics
Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EO4A7L0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
And now I’m adding, rode wireless me to the mix,
https://a.co/d/1WrkCBo

This might help with an idea on what you can do?
2023-9-11
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

boya k4 & røde sc11
2023-10-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lets keep dji.  buy their wireless mic, use the external mic ports wit hteh rx  and place to  sterio. if tht is too much funds  get a fulaim x5 or any 3rd party mic system they can do it
2023-10-10
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

dont use rode smartlav lavalier mic with oa3.
for wireless mic you can use the new
Ulanzi AM 18 mic or many other for arround100bucks

anker work m650 190€
dji mic 270€
rode wireless pro 440€
ulanzi am 18 70€
IMG_20231011_064612.jpg
2023-10-10
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-10 20:50
dont use rode smartlav lavalier mic with oa3.
for wireless mic you can use the new
Ulanzi AM 18 mic or many other for arround100bucks

This one looks really promising. Where did you get that? I know it's on pre order atm. Can you give some details on sound quality, handling? Does it work with the OA3 out of the box? Via USB-C? How many gain levels does the receiver provide? How does the sound buffering work? Do you really get two separate channels*? Should I pre order one? Is Ulanzi a quality brand? Am I excited? OK forget the last few questions...

*I tested an awful cheap zealsound microphone and it just mixes both channels into one mono channel...
2023-10-11
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

with Smartphone & hohem m6

Ulanzi am 18

2023-10-12
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-12 03:57
with Smartphone & hohem m6

Ulanzi am 18

Mine arrived today, but I get no connection via USB-C. As the manual is total garbage - how did you manage to connect the receiver with USB? I have no reaction on my two windows notebooks either.
Is the usb-c port on my one broken?
2023-10-26
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

try open camera or another 3.party camera app (Android)

I use g-cam and filmic, also the hohem app
2023-10-27
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-27 04:08
try open camera or another 3.party camera app (Android)

I use g-cam and filmic, also the hohem app

I tried that first hand, no other input device, no signal on any microphone other than the internal ones.
Audio Evolution does not show any other input device, neither does Field recorder. So I can say, I have no input device from the receiver on Android,
The OA3 does not show the microphone symbol, when I connect it with the provided USB-C to USB-C cable.
2023-10-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

DJ DJ Posted at 10-27 06:18
I tried that first hand, no other input device, no signal on any microphone other than the internal ones.
Audio Evolution does not show any other input device, neither does Field recorder. So I can say, I have no input device from the receiver on Android,
The OA3 does not show the microphone symbol, when I connect it with the provided USB-C to USB-C cable.
receiver on and Transmitter on?
usbs to usbc  with OA3.
Better is a usbc to trs cable (less accu drain)

all items full charged?

contact the seller

2023-10-27
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-27 06:42
receiver on and Transmitter on?
usbs to usbc  with OA3.
Better is a usbc to trs cable (less accu drain)

Many thanks for your help. I contacted the seller (ulanzi.de itself) already and should provide a video.

I use exactly the same setup as you, but don't get any signal.

usb-c to trs-cable? Where did you get that? I had none in the package. I could use an adapter, but that would double the conversion artifacts. (AD-DA-AD)... ;)

2023-10-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

aliexpress foto-store ca 7€
or boya k2 25€

cant send picutres
IMG_20231027_173818.jpg
2023-10-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

any other usbc to usbc cable??
2023-10-27
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-27 08:21
any other usbc to usbc cable??

I tried three different, even USB-2.0 ones. And the USB-C to USB-A for my workstation notebook doesn't work either. So I must presume, the USB-C port is dead...
I does charge through that port, though.
2023-10-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Insert the USB C plug into the receiver until it clicks!
usbc to usba recceiver charged ,press the power button to connect

2023-10-27
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-27 18:33
Insert the USB C plug into the receiver until it clicks!
usbc to usba recceiver charged ,press the power button to connect

That's exactly what I did.
But I am one step further. Sometimes, my Windows workstation notices a connection but produces an error, that the device is not recognized.
My AM 18 receiver is faulty and has to be fixed by their service.
2023-10-27
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

DJ DJ Posted at 10-27 22:06
That's exactly what I did.
But I am one step further. Sometimes, my Windows workstation notices a connection but produces an error, that the device is not recognized.
My AM 18 receiver is faulty and has to be fixed by their service.

I  received the replacement a week ago. It works like a charm (as it should have firt hand.  ;) ).
Faulty devices can happen. No  problem with that. But customer support is not the same everywhere.
I would never again order something via ulanzi.de. It's just an agency that mostly ships from china (really slow lane shipping). Customer support is very (very, very) tough with them. In the end, i got a replacement for an obiously faulty device, but it cost me countless mails (after I sent the requested video evidence with one of the first mails) and a lost in shipping replacement cable (pointless) in three weeks to get that...
So better use the established ones (Ali, Amazon etc.) ;)
2023-12-21
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

5x splitter.  trs in to trs out
mickxser

RødeSc11 with dgi&ulanzi mic

Screenshot_2024-02-11-20-31-28-867_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
IMG_20240211_220501.jpg
2-11 11:37
Use props