DJI Mini 4 Pro - ULTIMATE COMPARISON

2023-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great find DA.    Aldryn does a superb job on this comparison video.  Ocusync 4 is a nice upgrade for mini 4 as well as omni directional sensing.  I think Mini 4 Pro is basically a Mini Air 3.
2023-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-25 08:48
Great find DA.    Aldryn does a superb job on this comparison video.  Ocusync 4 is a nice upgrade for mini 4 as well as omni directional sensing.  I think Mini 4 Pro is basically a Mini Air 3.

Some of the comparisons Ive seen make it appears like Mini Air 3 indeed.    Hopefully they will stop calling this an entry level drone soon.     These pesky American reviewers seem to forget about the rules in other countries and the need for a small drone that can compete with the big boys.
2023-9-25
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-25 08:48
Great find DA.    Aldryn does a superb job on this comparison video.  Ocusync 4 is a nice upgrade for mini 4 as well as omni directional sensing.  I think Mini 4 Pro is basically a Mini Air 3.

For me, the Mini 4 Pro is also more of a scaled-down Air 3 and not a beginner drone for beginners because it offers so many features that a beginner can easily be overwhelmed with. I myself find the Mini 3 Pro has so many functions and possibilities that it does not fit into the category of beginner drone, which also applies to the price. With accessories and Care Refresh comes here namely quite a considerable investment together which is unlikely to put a normal earning beginner on the table.
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 23:49
Some of the comparisons Ive seen make it appears like Mini Air 3 indeed.    Hopefully they will stop calling this an entry level drone soon.     These pesky American reviewers seem to forget about the rules in other countries and the need for a small drone that can compete with the big boys.

You're absolutely right as it is no longer an entry level drone.  Just looks at the features and specs and you know it is not like the Mini or Mini SE.  YT influencers sometimes tend to forget that viewers worldwide see their videos.  Many don't understand the difference in range when using FCC vs CE either.  
2023-9-26
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-26 03:14
You're absolutely right as it is no longer an entry level drone.  Just looks at the features and specs and you know it is not like the Mini or Mini SE.  YT influencers sometimes tend to forget that viewers worldwide see their videos.  Many don't understand the difference in range when using FCC vs CE either.

I agree => You're absolutely right as it is no longer an entry level drone
2023-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-26 03:14

In someways they should be looking at it like the development of mobile phones,   the original ones were really big and you carried them round with  a handle and huge antennas now they are available small enough to swallow.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-26 00:05
For me, the Mini 4 Pro is also more of a scaled-down Air 3 and not a beginner drone for beginners because it offers so many features that a beginner can easily be overwhelmed with. I myself find the Mini 3 Pro has so many functions and possibilities that it does not fit into the category of beginner drone, which also applies to the price. With accessories and Care Refresh comes here namely quite a considerable investment together which is unlikely to put a normal earning beginner on the table.

I think you are spot on.  

I'm sticking with my Mini 3 Pro and my Air 3.  Maybe I'll upgrade in 11 months when the Mini 5 Pro comes out.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-26 03:45
I agree => You're absolutely right as it is no longer an entry level drone

We are definitely thinking alike on this.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 04:03
In someways they should be looking at it like the development of mobile phones,   the original ones were really big and you carried them round with  a handle and huge antennas now they are available small enough to swallow.

That's a good perspective.  
2023-9-26
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-26 12:05
I think you are spot on.  

I'm sticking with my Mini 3 Pro and my Air 3.  Maybe I'll upgrade in 11 months when the Mini 5 Pro comes out.

Watch the mini 5 pro when it comes out will still have the same size sensor as the mini 3 and 4 pro.
How can they go larger in sensor size and still keep the weight down.
2023-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Freetime Posted at 9-26 17:37
Watch the mini 5 pro when it comes out will still have the same size sensor as the mini 3 and 4 pro.

Watch out for Mini 4 Ultra in March next year.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-26 17:37

Maybe DJI has some magic pixie dust.  
2023-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2023-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs Peter.  
2023-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome
2023-11-24
Use props
Gabriel Tallon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1333691 ft
United States

Thank you so much. This was very helpful. Keep it up!!!
5-11 17:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gabriel Tallon Posted at 5-11 17:33
Thank you so much. This was very helpful. Keep it up!!!

No probs Gabriel.   
5-11 21:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules