Bluetooth name of Osmo Mobile 6 adds +1 every reset...
1322 2 2023-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darien Day
lvl.1
United States

I was having an issue with my Osmo Mobile 6 so tried factory resetting it.  I had to reset it a few times and noticed that each time, its bluetooth name would change in that a number is added to the end and after each reset that number goes up by one.

So out of the box my Osmo Mobile 6's bluetooth name (what I see in my phone's bluetooth settings when searching for devices) was:    OM6-E07173

After the first reset it became:   OM6-E07173-1
next reset it became:   OM6-E07173-2

and so on.  Is there any way to edit this name so I can have it be what it was in the beginning (OM6-E07173)?

I had an Insta360 Flow and it also exhibited this behavior.  I though  it was due to sloppy firmware programming, but see that DJI's Osmo also does this.

2023-10-22
Use props
Darien Day
lvl.1
United States

Ok, I found a way to change the name!

In the DJI Mimo app., go to the device then in the settings for the Osmo, there's a setting for Device Name.  That allowed me to change its bluetooth name back.

2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Awesome. I'm glad you already got the device name replaced. After connecting the DJI product to the DJI Mimo app, go to “Profile > Settings > Device Management” to change the device name. Have a nice day.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules