Daylight savings time switch produces incorrect time
357 1 2023-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

It seems DJI never fixed the problem with the camera's internal clock.

I had a very lengthy, multiple email exchange with Jan Ackermann from DJI that started on November 1, 2022. This was a problem when the world (or some parts of the world) switched from daylight savings time to standard time or vice-versa.

I don't usually look at the file time stamps, but right after switching from daylight savings time to standard time last year, I noticed the clock was off 1 hour. In other words, I had the time correctly set on the camera, but when I took a photo/video, the file time stamp in the Finder was 1 hour off.

I have sent screnshots and photos to DJI support (Jan Ackermann) and after a lengthy back and forth conversation I was told to connect the camera to the Mimo app to correct the time offset created by the daylight/standard time difference.

Well, it happened again. Yes, we switched from daylight time to standard time over a month ago, but never bothered looking at the file stamp. The camera clock is set correctly and reflects the current local time. Yet, the file stamp is off by 1 hour.

Here's a screenshot of a photo I just took. It was taken at 10:08 PM. The hilited file shows the timestamp in the filename: DJI_20231203220849_0001_D.JPG.
Which is 2023-12-03 22:08:49.
The file timestamp, however, is off by 1 hour. It shows 9:08 PM.

As I was saying the camera's clock is set correctly and I believe that is why the filename shows the correct timestamp (10:08 PM). However, there's a mismatch somewhere, that is why the Finder shows the wrong time, which shows the daylight savings time (9:08 PM).

Last year I was told I need to connect the camera to the Mimo app to correct this. However, I don't think it's acceptable to download a nearly 1GB application (which I don't use) just to set the correct time.

You'd think DJI would have fixed this by now...

timestamp.png
2023-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You really shouldn't have to connect to the Mimo App to correct the camera's internal clock.  DJI should be able to fix this.  
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules