can't read SD card in Windows
570 9 2-14 07:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kanka007
lvl.1

Turkey

My Osmo Action 3 works fine. I can record onto the sd card but if I connect the action camera via USB-C to my Windows PC and select 'OTP-connection', the SD card becomes unreadable. I see an error message I should format the SD card. But this card works fine inside the action camera. If I put the SD card out and put it directly in the SD card reader I have the same problem.

So I have to use the app to download the videos to my smartphone and then have to connect my smartphone with my PC. It takes hours... Is there a fix?

Thanks.

2-14 07:23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Find a buddy at school, work, spouse, relative, etc with another computer and see if the card is readable. If it's readable, the issue is with your computer. If it's not readable in another computer either, find someone with a Mac. If it works on the Mac then it must be Windows related. If it doesn't work on the Mac either then you possibly have an issue with your card and as a first step you should format it. If, after format, it still doesn't work in any computer, then it's prolly time to get a new card.
2-14 07:43
Use props
kanka007
lvl.1

Turkey

I tried on two different Windows laptops. Same problem. I can connect DJI directly via USB to my android, I can see it as "harddrive" and can download the files to my phone. My Mac is at home. Anyway... I read a lot about this SD card problem. Mine is new.
2-14 08:27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sdxc xar and slot  card. unlocked, does that work?
camera as mass storage you said does not work, try  a different cable.
2-14 11:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific SD card are you using? Kindly please try connecting the SD card on your Mac and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
2-14 22:53
Use props
fansab8e0151
lvl.2
Flight distance : 630804 ft

The same thing happened to me. The solution is to format the sd card on windows and never from the camera, then it will work from both the camera and windows just fine.
2-15 00:45
Use props
kanka007
lvl.1

Germany

The problem is fixed by formatting the SD card with Windows' built-in tool. Thank you very much.
3-2 13:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kanka007 Posted at 3-2 13:58
The problem is fixed by formatting the SD card with Windows' built-in tool. Thank you very much.

Hello there, kanka007. We appreciate you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue. If you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
3-3 03:13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Why doesn't you use sdcard reader?
3-4 01:52
Use props
djiuser_ThcGIpwi9gLp
New

Sweden

I had the same issue and it was verry annoing, but found out that if you formate the memory card from the camera, it will get a linux compatible filesystem, that cant be read on PC, but Android can. So formate the memory card ONLY on the PC not from the camera, they it will be soulved.
5-19 14:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules