Gimbal for Action 4
12Next >
4438 48 2-18 02:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
runabee
lvl.2

Canada

Any recommendation for a gimbal to use for action 4? One that can control the action camera if there is any?
2-18 02:41
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

no start/stop with a gimbal
use voice control or remote

Inkee Falcon plus
Hohem Isteady pro4
Hohem m6 kit
Hohem mt2 kit
feyutech

IMG_20230611_052528.jpg
IMG_20220430_022841.jpg
IMG_20230507_161027.jpg
2-18 03:05
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hoheim pro  series got motionlapse,  I  like Inkee but no promises from them when they said it was to get it.
2-18 03:58
Use props
runabee
lvl.2

Canada

Any Gimbal from DJI? The 3rd party gimbal seems to be more focused to GoPro.
2-18 06:36
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

look at the DJI products list and enjoy
2-18 06:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that no DJI gimbal can be used with our DJI Action 4, however, some accessories for extension when using the DJI Action 4. For your reference, you may check the available accessories for the DJI Action 4 via this link. We hope you get the best recommendation you may need. Thank you for your support.
2-19 22:16
Use props
runabee
lvl.2

Canada

Hope DJI make a gimbal for action 4. The basic framework is already  there with the phone gimbal and the remote. This is one advantage the gopro has over the action 4.
2-19 23:40
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

open the api bt and you can use the hohem gimbals!!
2-20 00:06
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 2-20 00:06
open the api bt and you can use the hohem gimbals!!

DJI had to implement the Gopro remote control API into the Osmo Actions to function with the existing iSteady gimbals. They never will. The other way would be to publish an own API which Hohem could use in future gimbals, i.e. an iSteady 5.
2-20 04:20
Use props
runabee
lvl.2

Canada

Helmut Ruch Posted at 2-20 04:20
DJI had to implement the Gopro remote control API into the Osmo Actions to function with the existing iSteady gimbals. They never will. The other way would be to publish an own API which Hohem could use in future gimbals, i.e. an iSteady 5.

Looking forward for a DJI gimbal that is specifically built for the DJI Action camera. Hope this  customer need goes to DJI backlog. Main users will be casual tourists, walkers and runners.
2-20 10:21
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

hohem isteady4

https://youtube.com/shorts/ympUsYsX0kE?si=vaC7cE6KVNzrlGt4
4-22 10:23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Isteady4 has a great arrangement for attaching. The picture of it above is an older version. The 4 has this elasticated type strap that you pull over the camera so it’s really fast to attach. No screws. The arm is padded metal but it has a stretchy hinge.

I use mine quite a lot. Even turned off just to hold the camera with stabilisation on. Or I turn the gimbal on and the stabilisation off.

You can do lovely slow automatic pans that are really smooth too. Good price as well.
4-22 11:06
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-22 11:06
The Isteady4 has a great arrangement for attaching. The picture of it above is an older version. The 4 has this elasticated type strap that you pull over the camera so it’s really fast to attach. No screws. The arm is padded metal but it has a stretchy hinge.

I use mine quite a lot. Even turned off just to hold the camera with stabilisation on. Or I turn the gimbal on and the stabilisation off.
you can use the tiny Hohem remote with
Isteady pro4/M6/MT2

4-22 20:51
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

wih DGI Mic I
with counterwight motor get less hot
IMG_20240425_095843.jpg
4-25 00:01
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lutzmix Posted at 4-22 20:51
you can use the tiny Hohem remote with
Isteady pro4/M6/MT2

I just use the phone since it also has a lovely slow pan facility.

How do you link the remote because the phone 'asks' to connect? Aha .... found it. And you can have both the phone and remote connected at the same time.

4-26 03:25
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Hohem remote control with Sjcam bracelet(28cm ).

We need a wristband for the DJI remote control, and a simple WiFi remote for all cameras like SjCam remote!

4-28 01:22
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

Be careful with the Hohem Isteady pro4 gimbal combined with the Osmo Action 4. My one has developed gimbal noise that is very intrusive on recordings made using the OA4's internal microphones. If you search you will find that others experience this too. I like to use ambient sound when I can as I often make videos with groups of people and like to catch the conversations. I also record in places like jungles with a lot of ambient sounds. Of course if you use the DJI Mic 2 the gimbal noise will not be a problem but it does cause problems for the way I like to make my videos.
4-28 18:06
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Choking Smokers Posted at 4-28 18:06
Be careful with the Hohem Isteady pro4 gimbal combined with the Osmo Action 4. My one has developed gimbal noise that is very intrusive on recordings made using the OA4's internal microphones. If you search you will find that others experience this too. I like to use ambient sound when I can as I often video with groups of people and like to catch the conversations. I also record in places like jungles with a lot of ambient sounds. Of course if you use the DJI Mic 2 the gimbal noise will not be a problem but it does cause problems for the way I like to make my videos.

If the gimbal makes noise, something is wrong
4-28 19:26
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

lutzmix Posted at 4-28 19:26
If the gimbal makes noise, something is wrong

Well if you Google the issue I think you'll find I'm not the only person who has noticed it in the combination I mentioned...Hohem iSteady Pro4, DJI OA4 using internal microphones and nobody has reported a satisfatory resolution.

The problem might be the microphones being too near to the gimbal motors in that combination? I live in a hot climate and it does appear to get worse over time but 10 minutes isn't a lot of time really. It's left my footage basically unusable unless I wanted to get into advanced NR.

I do like using the gimbal so I can use ultrawide while hiking in the forest without the see-saw effect. I will try using the DJI Mic 2 which will obviously eradicate the noise but as I said before I prefer to use the ambient sound in places like the jungle and when I have hiking partners and want to catch the conversation amongst us.
4-28 20:47
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

hier mit internen Mikrofon

https://youtube.com/shorts/TzPC8ozy2bk?si=8iT5Poal-0KXa3V_

4-28 23:56
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I never experienced any noise from my iSteady 4 Pro, but have to test it out to be sure
4-29 01:51
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

Here's a link to a small edit I have done that illustrates the problem clearly. It's been downscaled to 1080 to make the file smaller. Link expires 6th May
https://we.tl/t-0HrE6YTwHQ
4-29 02:01
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

You have faulty Hohem it seems like.

But here is mine recorded few minutes ago and I can't hear any motor noise.

OA4 with Hohem iSteady 4 Pro

4-29 03:07
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Question"  the Hohiem can be  adjusted via the app of speed and more, forgive me if I forget, I know it pus pressure on the motors and that may be what you are experiencing Base camp was an program that allowed to set things up,  when gimbals started  

TYFTDVL get a life and move on
4-29 05:16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 4-29 05:16
Question"  the Hohiem can be  adjusted via the app of speed and more, forgive me if I forget, I know it pus pressure on the motors and that may be what you are experiencing Base camp was an program that allowed to set things up,  when gimbals started  

TYFTDVL get a life and move on

I have mine set to slowest as you can see in the video, but even at default I never heard that sound he got
4-29 05:33
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-29 05:33
I have mine set to slowest as you can see in the video, but even at default I never heard that sound he got

mic of a camera like a gopro was notorous with a gimbal. Feiyu's gimbals and noise
4-29 05:36
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Choking Smokers Posted at 4-29 02:01
Here's a link to a small edit I have done that illustrates the problem clearly. It's been downscaled to 1080 to make the file smaller. Link expires 6th May
https://we.tl/t-0HrE6YTwHQ
sounds like a poorly shielded smartphone (Apple)
Phone camera interference
4-29 05:54
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t get noise from mine either. I wonder whether the damp atmosphere of Tailand with the heat has affected the motors?
4-29 06:47
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

lutzmix Posted at 4-29 05:54

That's very interesting, I do use an Iphone 14 Pro and it was with my and switched on at the time I filmed those clips. Do you have experience or have you read about this happening before as you seem familiar with that type of noise? Thank you. I will look into it. I do hope that this is the actual problem as it would be easy for me to just turn my Iphone off.
4-29 19:08
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

Fishycomics Posted at 4-29 05:16
Question"  the Hohiem can be  adjusted via the app of speed and more, forgive me if I forget, I know it pus pressure on the motors and that may be what you are experiencing Base camp was an program that allowed to set things up,  when gimbals started  

TYFTDVL get a life and move on

The motor torsion is adjustable and I did adjust it on most parameters via the app as it the gimbal was very slow to respond to panning motions via the gimbal motors. I believe the maximum operable weight is 150g which is very close to the OA4's weight of 145g......so it's actually operating very close to it's maximum payload.
4-29 19:14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

then try adding a lighter  camera or weight, see if the noise demenisshes
4-30 02:44
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

170gr is possible
4-30 04:04
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

lutzmix Posted at 4-29 05:54

I think I have eliminated this as a potential cause. Thinking about it it never occured when I was using the OA4 near to my Iphone using just the DJI extension pole, only while using the Hohem IS 4 Pro.

It's not confirmed yet but from some quick indoor tests the noise occured again while using the OA4 on the Hohem while in a foam windslayer, as I usually do outdoors as I'm often in windy enviroments.

However, I have always had the OA4's wind noise reduction on. I tried turning the wind noise reduction off and the noise hasn't occured in the few recordings I have done with it off. I will test some more outdoors when I get the chance but I am beginning to suspect it's something about how the wind noise reduction works perhaps aggravated by using a windslayer while the OA4 is mounted on the Hohem which could possibly change the resonance  of the sound entering the OA4's built in microphones? I'll report back when I have had the chance to test properly.
4-30 22:15
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

With the OA4 I don't have the phenomenon with the

SjCam C300 but it doesn't matter if noise reduction is on or off
the SJCAM C300 is too light for the gimbal at 60 grams
5-1 01:40
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 5-1 01:40
With the OA4 I don't have the phenomenon with the SjCam C300 but it doesn't matter if noise reduction is on or off
with the OA3 also no extraneous noises Action 2 also ok First Osmo Action also ok

same with the older Isteady pro 3 Gimbal
5-1 01:52
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

mit dem Hohem M6 funktioniert es auch mit der sjcam c300
but that is like
crack a nut with sledgehammer
IMG_20240501_120338.jpg
5-1 02:16
Use props
Choking Smokers
lvl.2

Thailand

lutzmix Posted at 5-1 01:52
with the OA3 also no extraneous noises Action 2 also ok First Osmo Action also ok

same with the older Isteady pro 3 Gimbal

I just listened to some video files I recorded with the Hohem IS 4 Pro and an Osmo Action 3 before I upgraded to the OA4 and the noise is there but nowhere near as loud (meaning I never noticed it until I specifically listened for it). Again I had the OA3 in a foam windslayer and with wind noise reduction on.

So most of you say you haven't encountered this problem and I'm sure you're correct. The problem is that I have (and others have reported the problem too even if not on this forum) and with the OA4, as you can hear from the samples I posted it's very intrusive. If switching the wind noise reduction off has got rid of the problem then I'm happy with that, I probably won't need it anyway with a windslayer on.

I'll let you know the results when I do some more extensive outdoor testing. Thanks for your comments/suggestions.
5-1 04:36
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

extern mic2 ?
camera on and you cn start the cam with rhe mic

https://youtube.com/shorts/TQLdzKhB-EI?si=cQ46srrlXcqewv0i
gain 0db

the extender with tripod does not fit in the case
IMG_20240501_123845.jpg
5-1 21:30
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 5-1 21:30
extern mic2 ?
camera on and you cn start the cam with rhe mic

[Image]
One-handed operation possible, it's stable!

5-1 21:56
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

das ist stabil
extender with DJI remote and Hohem remote
IMG_20240502_075218.jpg
IMG_20240502_075142.jpg
5-1 22:37
Use props
12Next >