DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-1 22:34
Thanks for sharing

No Probs AJ,  

Just flew the Avata 2 around the house as SWMBOd was out,    even did the stairs,   not as hard as I thought.    Didnt even use beginner mode.
5-1 22:37
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done mate - I may zip around my pad with it today while my son is at school and the other half is working in central London + as it's raining here all day!
5-1 22:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-1 22:47
Nicely done mate - I may zip around my pad with it today while my son is at school and the other half is working in central London + as it's raining here all day!

We had wicked thunderstorms here this morning,   lots of rain and lightening. A bucket I left out last night has over an inch of water in it already.
5-1 23:17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 23:17
We had wicked thunderstorms here this morning,   lots of rain and lightening. A bucket I left out last night has over an inch of water in it already.

Thr storm woke me up in the middle of the night - sounded like a hailstorm.
5-2 00:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-2 00:07
Thr storm woke me up in the middle of the night - sounded like a hailstorm.

I got up about 3am to check the state of the weather but didnt need to as the noise it was making was stunning.
5-2 03:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Great overview of the Goggles 3

Wouldn't it be great if DJI upgraded the Goggles 3 to  to make vision Assist available when using them with the Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro.  
5-2 12:29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 03:00
I got up about 3am to check the state of the weather but didnt need to as the noise it was making was stunning.

I managed to get antoher three flights in late morning - really starting to take it now!
5-2 13:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 12:29
Nice find DA.    Great overview of the Goggles 3

Wouldn't it be great if DJI upgraded the Goggles 3 to  to make vision Assist available when using them with the Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro.

Yes,  theres a lot missing when flying goggles with drones isnt there.  
5-2 20:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-2 13:04
I managed to get antoher three flights in late morning - really starting to take it now!

I squeaked out 4 flights yesterday including ripping some bridges,    footage to post shortly, then this morning its not supposed to rain until about 11 and at 4:45am its raining
5-2 20:14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 20:14
I squeaked out 4 flights yesterday including ripping some bridges,    footage to post shortly, then this morning its not supposed to rain until about 11 and at 4:45am its raining

Raining all day here today and I'm busy with the family this weekend so yesterday was my window of opportunity to fly! Really taking to the Avata 2 now and still no crashes!
5-3 00:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 00:47
Raining all day here today and I'm busy with the family this weekend so yesterday was my window of opportunity to fly! Really taking to the Avata 2 now and still no crashes!

Spitting here at the moment,   complete was out for sunrise. .  Going to fly mine upstairs and terrorise SWMBOd with it.
5-3 00:49
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had to google SWMBOd. She who must be obeyed - funny as I made my wife say that in our wedding vowes in front of God   (I'm not religious)
5-3 00:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 00:51
I had to google SWMBOd. She who must be obeyed - funny as I made my wife say that in our wedding vowes in front of God   (I'm not religious)

Lol.  Well I flew right up behind her in the office and she didnt really bite at all.
5-3 00:52
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 00:52
Lol.  Well I flew right up behind her in the office and she didnt really bite at all.

Probably desensitised to it now mate. I made a deal with Mrs. A J that I wouldn't let flying the Avata 2 take over as much as before. I've only been out 4 times in the first two weeks. Wait until I start learning manual and walk around the house wearing the goggles between sim practice lol
5-3 00:56
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 00:52

Talking of learning manual - honestly, how long did it take you to really feel confident flying in full manual?
5-3 00:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 00:57
Talking of learning manual - honestly, how long did it take you to really feel confident flying in full manual?

I cant confidently fly full manual.   I can take off in N mode, get some height and then switch and fly around a bit but thats about more level at the moment,  I had planned to practice more this week but I feel like I want calm conditions to do that,   In the SIM curry kitten which is free Im pretty good but It doesnt feel like it translates.
5-3 01:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 20:12
Yes,  theres a lot missing when flying goggles with drones isnt there.

Certainly is.    
5-3 02:50
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 01:22
I cant confidently fly full manual.   I can take off in N mode, get some height and then switch and fly around a bit but thats about more level at the moment,  I had planned to practice more this week but I feel like I want calm conditions to do that,   In the SIM curry kitten which is free Im pretty good but It doesnt feel like it translates.

I imagine it takes weeks to master mate. I guess just keeping it stable and in the air without crashing is the main goal to begin with.
5-3 03:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 03:27
I imagine it takes weeks to master mate. I guess just keeping it stable and in the air without crashing is the main goal to begin with.

Probably half a life time.   Just remember if you get in trouble you can hit the brake button to revert to N mode and the drone should self right itself out of trouble.   Something you might want to test when you first start.
5-3 03:29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 03:29
Probably half a life time.   Just remember if you get in trouble you can hit the brake button to revert to N mode and the drone should self right itself out of trouble.   Something you might want to test when you first start.

I really enjoy flying with the motion controller 3 - am thinking the RC3 may be a bridge too far for what I intend to use the drone for. If it meant a few hours on a sim and a few flights to master then fine but the more I look into it the more it seems like it will take months and potentially several serious crashes - not sure I can be arsed given that the MC3 delivers for me. We'll see.  
5-3 04:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 04:09
I really enjoy flying with the motion controller 3 - am thinking the RC3 may be a bridge too far for what I intend to use the drone for. If it meant a few hours on a sim and a few flights to master then fine but the more I look into it the more it seems like it will take months and potentially several serious crashes - not sure I can be arsed given that the MC3 delivers for me. We'll see.

Did you see the POV ripping flight of the flood defence I posted?    For me could you do that sort of flight with the MC?
5-3 04:13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 04:13
Did you see the POV ripping flight of the flood defence I posted?    For me could you do that sort of flight with the MC?

In normal and sport mode for sure - especially with a bit more practice in Sport. I kept myself in Sport for the whole of my 3rd flight yesterday and at max speed while doing angle flying from altitude and skimming the grass. I felt very confident too.
Taking this down the manual path may take away the fun for me and replace it with headaches and anxiety and I dont want to blow £139 on an RC I may never use.
5-3 04:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 04:34
In normal and sport mode for sure - especially with a bit more practice in Sport. I kept myself in Sport for the whole of my 3rd flight yesterday and at max speed while doing angle flying from altitude and skimming the grass. I felt very confident too.
Taking this down the manual path may take away the fun for me and replace it with headaches and anxiety and I dont want to blow £139 on an RC I may never use.

Well only you can decide which direction you want to take it,  but for now it sounds like you should enjoy what you've got and see if you out grow it.
5-3 04:36
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 04:36
Well only you can decide which direction you want to take it,  but for now it sounds like you should enjoy what you've got and see if you out grow it.

Thats exactly what my wife said. While I like the thought of maximising the potential of the drone I dont like the thought of being without it after making multiple repair claims and spending hours in a sim only to be frustrated and end up back to enjoying the drone with the MC.
Like you said, I'll enjoy what I've got and if I feel the MC3 is way too limited to the point that the Avata 2 becomes boring to fly then that will be the time to spice things up with learning manual (not to mention getting the RC3 for free later in the year with my points on here lol)
5-3 04:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 04:41
Thats exactly what my wife said. While I like the thought of maximising the potential of the drone I dont like the thought of being without it after making multiple repair claims and spending hours in a sim only to be frustrated and end up back to enjoying the drone with the MC.
Like you said, I'll enjoy what I've got and if I feel the MC3 is way too limited to the point that the Avata 2 becomes boring to fly then that will be the time to spice things up with learning manual (not to mention getting the RC3 for free later in the year with my points on here lol)

I think thats a really good way to go.    At some point I really should try the MC for mine too.
5-3 04:46
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 04:46
I think thats a really good way to go.    At some point I really should try the MC for mine too.

It's honestly super easy - I was flying in sport mode on my maiden flight having never worn goggles before. I imagine more fun than the RC3 when in N/S mode too but mastered manual is the ultimate of course which the MC can't do.
5-3 04:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 04:51
It's honestly super easy - I was flying in sport mode on my maiden flight having never worn goggles before. I imagine more fun than the RC3 when in N/S mode too but mastered manual is the ultimate of course which the MC can't do.

I really should pop it into the bag to try if it every stops raining.

Just laser cut some foam for a lens protector and "ears" to help with the slight light leak I have.

5-3 04:57
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 04:57
I really should pop it into the bag to try if it every stops raining.

Just laser cut some foam for a lens protector and "ears" to help with the slight light leak I have.

I find just flapping the the mask and tugging a little from around the nose covers it up
5-3 05:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 05:08
I find just flapping the the mask and tugging a little from around the nose covers it up

Mine is to the left of my left eye,    only very subtitle and I had this idea to pad them slightly.  Seems to be very comfy too.
5-3 05:13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 05:13
Mine is to the left of my left eye,    only very subtitle and I had this idea to pad them slightly.  Seems to be very comfy too.

Thats odd. Mine are totally blacked out and free of light leak. But that's a cool improvisation to to keep the immersive experience!
5-3 05:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-3 05:16
Thats odd. Mine are totally blacked out and free of light leak. But that's a cool improvisation to to keep the immersive experience!

Ive probably got a deformed head from all the falling on it as a kid
5-3 05:24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 05:24
Ive probably got a deformed head from all the falling on it as a kid

LOL - I doubt that mate
5-3 05:30
Use props
fansed2ed832
New
Flight distance : 13209 ft

Turkey

Can we send images to DJI RC Pro controller from Goggles 3 USB C port? We could do this with Goggles 2, but with Avata. Is this possible with Avata 2 and Goggles 3? Help please
5-6 10:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansed2ed832 Posted at 5-6 10:19
Can we send images to DJI RC Pro controller from Goggles 3 USB C port? We could do this with Goggles 2, but with Avata. Is this possible with Avata 2 and Goggles 3? Help please

I think only wifi sharing is supported now.
5-6 22:46
Use props
fansed2ed832
New
Flight distance : 13209 ft

Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 22:46
I think only wifi sharing is supported now.

thank you so much
5-7 06:16
Use props
m.konkolsky
lvl.1
Turkey

can you guys make a smart toilet? I want to sit on the crapper and see my poo coming out in 3d, wearing this fine helmet.
5-13 01:23
Use props
DACP071690
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106457 ft

Colombia

Hello. I need help. I recently bought the googles 3 and already paired it and flighted with the mini 4 pro. I already put a micro sd card to the googles, formatted it and put advanced camera settings to record on "both" the drone and the goggles. However I want to watch the videos of screen recording with the goggles where all the parameters (height, speed, distance, battery life, etc) appear. However when I connect the goggles with the usb c cable to my MacBook Air, I see the sd card folder but I don't see any of the recordings of the goggles. Please help how can I access the videos of screen recording on the goggles and export them? thanks
5-13 05:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DACP071690 Posted at 5-13 05:49
Hello. I need help. I recently bought the googles 3 and already paired it and flighted with the mini 4 pro. I already put a micro sd card to the googles, formatted it and put advanced camera settings to record on "both" the drone and the goggles. However I want to watch the videos of screen recording with the goggles where all the parameters (height, speed, distance, battery life, etc) appear. However when I connect the goggles with the usb c cable to my MacBook Air, I see the sd card folder but I don't see any of the recordings of the goggles. Please help how can I access the videos of screen recording on the goggles and export them? thanks

Hi, DACP071690. Thank you for reaching out please open the "DCIM" folder and select "100MEDIA" to access the screen recording from DJI Goggles 3.
5-13 07:16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules