Mini 4 Arm Rotater Breaks Too Easy
96 1 5-1 21:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MVBDHKIbhtIu
lvl.1

United States

I want to say first that the Mini 4 is absolutely amazing. Great omindirectional sensing, active track is awesome, basically all around the best drone they have made to date. That being said I have a serious issue and I am curious if anyone else has experienced this.
Little back story. My mini 4 is used for some 'in the woods' footage and is tested to the max every day. I have been very pleased with the directional sensing and think it may be better than the Air 3 with less sensors. Still sometimes it crashes. My very first 4 without a doubt must have crashed 2 dozen times. A dead hollow piece of weed can crash it. One con is the mini 4 has no ability to correct itself. At lower heights for sure. If a prop catches any foliage then it goes down. Anyway my first 4 was amazing and I was even bragging about it to everyone, just absolutely shocked by its durability. Well eventually I sent it back for a care refresh replacement. The next mini 4 caught some foliage and went down, as I would expect to happen, but this time the rotater broke immediately. I thought, "well maybe the plastic was cast badly and I won the lucky defect". I replaced it again. Third drone I was being more careful with just looking to avoid the aggrevation of being without a drone for a week or more. However within the first hour the drone accidently caught a twig from a small bush while moving laterally at a speed of about 1-3 mph. It feel 2 feet in some soft leaves and the rotater broke on this one as well. Now I had a work mate with me and he witnessed the crash. He was shocked at how easily it broke and I was just downright angry.  
Has anyone else had a broken rotater frrom any of the four arms or having this similar issue of extreme  fragility. If it happens again then the Mini 4 has turned out to be the best wrost designed drone they have made and I will not be using it or recommending it to anyone. That hurts to say but I dont think DJI would accept responsibilty. The communication with their product support team can be challeging when dealing with something like this. In hopes of eliminating a manufacturing problem this time I sent the drone in to be repaired.
Would love to get feedback because if this is happening to others then it needs to be addressed. I have a feeeling if it is a defect then they are already drowning in repairs.
5-1 21:46
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please note that the vision system cannot work properly when the drone fly near obstacles with small surface areas(e.g., three branches, and power lines). You can also refer to the user manual below. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to remind you to prioritize flight safety by avoiding obstacles during flights. Regarding the rotater issue you mentioned, we will make a note of your feedback and forward it to our product department for evaluation. Should you have any further questions or concerns during your future use of our product, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you.
User manual link here[url=]https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_4_Pro/DJI_Mini_4_Pro_User_Manual_EN.pdf[/url]
5-2 02:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules