RC Motion 3 signal drop
162 8 5-11 06:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans41b5b4df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338914 ft
Slovakia

I'm noticing the RC signal level drop to almost nothing when I'm about 1km out or sometimes less. The HD signal is at a full 5 bars, 50-60mbps. Why would a low bandwidth signal from the RC drop noticibly more than the HD video feed? I had to turn around (while still have a great video signal) because the RC level dropped to 0. Is there something wrong?
5-11 06:18
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

Interference from WiFi or mobile basestation nearby, possibly?
5-11 09:15
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

RC3 is not a real radio control.
I mean, there is no O4 inside but a wifi/bluetooth module that communicates with Goggles 3, not with the drone itself. That's why no antenna outside.
So maybe you're flying in an area with a lot of pollution in the 2.4 GHz band or even  your cell phone is interfering
5-11 10:35
Use props
fans41b5b4df
lvl.1
Slovakia

Luca Rubino Posted at 5-11 10:35
RC3 is not a real radio control.
I mean, there is no O4 inside but a wifi/bluetooth module that communicates with Goggles 3, not with the drone itself. That's why no antenna outside.
So maybe you're flying in an area with a lot of pollution in the 2.4 GHz band or even  your cell phone is interfering

Thanks, yes I know, that is why I made a point about the HD video still being strong. I know everything is running through the Goggles 3 now. So I guess the video feed can be 2.4ghz, 5.2ghz. and 5.8ghz (CE region), but the radio signal that is piggybacking on the goggles is only transmitting on the 2.4ghz? That seems strange, why not bundle the RC and Video in the link to the Avata 2 from the Googles 3? If it was a case of 2.4ghz bluetooth/wifi interference from the RC to the Googles, why does it only happen when the drone is a specific distance away. Wouldn't local interference show up right away when I take the drone up?
5-11 10:39
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans41b5b4df Posted at 5-11 10:39
Thanks, yes I know, that is why I made a point about the HD video still being strong. I know everything is running through the Goggles 3 now. So I guess the video feed can be 2.4ghz, 5.2ghz. and 5.8ghz (CE region), but the radio signal that is piggybacking on the goggles is only transmitting on the 2.4ghz? That seems strange, why not bundle the RC and Video in the link to the Avata 2 from the Googles 3? If it was a case of 2.4ghz bluetooth/wifi interference from the RC to the Googles, why does it only happen when the drone is a specific distance away. Wouldn't local interference show up right away when I take the drone up?

Tagged the thread for the complaint (observation, since I don't own Avata 2 and the "new" config) that I made a few weeks ago.

No judgment but from the many posts I read about this new setup, it sounds like the majority are in favor and I'm not quite sure why unless there is some objective proof other than DJI is more likely to improve rather than make worse.

Ok, back to the question; hopefully DJI can chime in with some specifics to help us better understand the functionality other than a drawing telling you how to properly connect.
5-11 12:00
Use props
fans41b5b4df
lvl.1
Slovakia

I'm still seeing the RC signal drop, only 500m away. I can fly up to 2km away still have a strong HD signal (and sometimes RC), but randomly at any given distance I see the RC drop off. Do I have a defective unit?
5-19 00:24
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans41b5b4df Posted at 5-19 00:24
[view_image]

I'm still seeing the RC signal drop, only 500m away. I can fly up to 2km away still have a strong HD signal (and sometimes RC), but randomly at any given distance I see the RC drop off. Do I have a defective unit?

On mine it is the opposite.  I usually lose the video feed before the RC signal.  Try re-linking the MC3 to your goggles or refreshing the MC3 firmware with the Assistant 2.  If the problem persists consider sending the unit in for repair/exchange.
5-19 01:59
Use props
fans41b5b4df
lvl.1
Slovakia

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-19 01:59
On mine it is the opposite.  I usually lose the video feed before the RC signal.  Try re-linking the MC3 to your goggles or refreshing the MC3 firmware with the Assistant 2.  If the problem persists consider sending the unit in for repair/exchange.

Thanks great tip. I was able to refresh the firmware on both of my controllers and the Avata 2, but DJI Assistant 2 refuses to see the Goggles 3 for some reason. If I plug in the USB-C cable with the goggles off, after about 30 seconds I see the SD card in finder, but it never shows up in Assistant 2 either turned on or off, plugged in before turning on, after turning on, etc... weird. I see others having the same issues with just their goggles 3, but no one at DJI will acknowledge or fix. It might be that old HoRNDIS .kext they are using which is unsigned and probably not compiled for Apple Silicon, but it works with the controllers and drone, really weird.
5-19 09:09
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans41b5b4df Posted at 5-19 09:09
Thanks great tip. I was able to refresh the firmware on both of my controllers and the Avata 2, but DJI Assistant 2 refuses to see the Goggles 3 for some reason. If I plug in the USB-C cable with the goggles off, after about 30 seconds I see the SD card in finder, but it never shows up in Assistant 2 either turned on or off, plugged in before turning on, after turning on, etc... weird. I see others having the same issues with just their goggles 3, but no one at DJI will acknowledge or fix. It might be that old HoRNDIS .kext they are using which is unsigned and probably not compiled for Apple Silicon, but it works with the controllers and drone, really weird.

That is strange.  I usually update everything with Fly but you need the Assistant software to force a software refresh.  I wonder if your Goggles 3 are the issue?   PITA but it may be worth sending the Goggle & MC3 in for service.  You will get replacement units back & that may solve your issue.
5-19 15:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules