GPS Bluetooth Remote ....SO MANY ISSUES !!!
158 7 5-15 12:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I just got the bluetooth GPS remote...
it works but....

1.  Add option to disable GPS
2. Pairing multiple cameras is weird and while I was able to get it to work it was not intuitive
3.  Add ability to send hightlight tag in multi camera mode or at least to the first camera.
      currently if I hit the QS button in muliti camera mode it just  gives an error and then the error is hard to remove from the screen.
4. In multi mode the remote LED stays green instead of red when recording.... (no recording feedback on the remote at all, you don't  know your are recording from looking at the    remote......wth)
5. After turning everything off in multi mode it ony connects back both cams sometimes and then puts one cam in single mode.
     when this happens you have to forget the single connection and start all over....for the love of god...fix this....
6. In mutli cam mode after each cam connects it starts a 20 second timer waiting for the other camera and most of the time it times out and then defaults to single mode...
    this is just insane... the timer counts down way faster than 1 second intervals.   This needs to be increased for sure.

Hardware wise the remote is nice but you (DJI) need to give it some more love.....LOTS more love as it stands it's not a production ready product.   super disapointed and may return it to Best Buy...

Overall this remote is not ready for prime time especially with the  multi cam mode.   it's just a PITA to use with more than one camera.

5-15 12:07
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I have been playing with it more...this remote is really annoying me LOL
For it to reliably connect in multicam mode you have to turn the cams on first and let them sit for at least 30 seconds, if you don't the remote won't pair to both of them and will revert back to single user mode.
even if you leave the cams sit for 30+ seconds the 2nd cam sometimes barely gets detected because of the really short timer it does between connecting cams.

Come on DJI, you can't get a simple bluetooth remote right LOL
5-16 05:56
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

it seems the GPS spinning is probably causing issues as well.  Might be better to not try and do the GPS connect until after at least 1 camera is connected.
5-16 05:57
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

found another issue......
if you have two or more cams connected and you power the cameras off and leave the remote on it thinks the cameras are still connected LOL
so if a camera auto shuts off or overheats and shuts down etc you wont' know from the remote.
This is probably the worst remote for action cams ever created LOL.
5-16 06:25
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The remote control for one camera works fine. But sometimes you have to wait ages for the GPS signal to come on. I have walked 1km in the open area and still no signal. GPS connects within 2 or more minutes when stationary. In the app, the route track is marked on the screen with a completely worthless line, its layer cannot be overlaid on the map. I would say that if this remote control is only capable of that much, maybe it would be better to have an option to disconnect GPS completely. By the way, after charging the console fully and unplugging it, the display only shows about 91 percent charge. When the remote is switched off, it loses up to 50 per cent of its voltage within a few days.
5-16 06:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. Thank you for your feedback. We will surely gather these suggestions and forward them to our relevant team for future consideration. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
5-16 20:03
Use props
ALF15 ukr
New

Ukraine

And I have a problem. Which really upsets me.
Especially when you put the camera into standby mode and the connection breaks, which can no longer be restored.

I keep losing connection between the camera and the remote control. Moreover, this happens cyclically. The connection is broken and restored again every 10 seconds.
Tell me what to do? What options are there to fix this?
5-26 12:50
Use props
aleksei_r
New
Armenia

Hi.
Sorry for posting here. I couldn't start a new thread.
My gps bluetooth remote stopped working: screen doesn't turn on, no lights.
When I connect it to charger, I see 2 or 3 fast green light flashes, then pause, the flashes repeat.
What did happen to the device and how to fix it?
20 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules