ANY Phantom is STILL a good Phantom !
630 4 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Wow, my P1 is a great, great, great grandfather already    lol

Everybodies so into the latest rage and eventually I'll probably have a P4 but today......I still have my P1 (and P3A)
This is mainly for those who ponder getting into the hobby and are considering an older, less expensive entry into the DJI line.

I STILL get a thrill out of the P1.  In fact, I'm no professional photographer and the P1 is still more than enough for my needs.
Granted I added a few things to it.  I have FPV, Flytrex, a GPS tracker, Voltage alarm, Ublox 16 sat GPS upgrade and a nice SJ4000 1080P camera.

I'm a little surprised so few talk about the P1 anymore.....I mean, it's not like it's decades old tech or anything.
And even though the newest spawn has obstacle avoidance and a few more flashy bells and whistles, what are 99% of folks really gonna do with it?
Nuttin.   It's just braggin rights  

Most of the time, when the winds are fairly light, I don't even need video stabilization.  The video is of course nowhere near as stable as the P3A, but still
in light winds I get VERY good video and photos.  Plus the P1 has none of the restrictions of the P3 and P4 so unlike the P3 & P4, you just need to be a responsible adult to fly the P1 and stay outta trouble.   Sometimes, I can actually have more fun with the P1 because I'm more relaxed flying it....you know, the less to lose syndrome.
Although I'd hate losing her,  it's not a devastating loss financially.    Only paid $275 for the P1 brand new in the box.

So don't underestimate the older Phantoms.   ALL of them are quite a bang for the buck regardless of the specific model.    Course, if you just love the latest and greatest, then by all means grab a P4 or P3 as budget allows.

Yep...I think I'll hang onto to the trusty P1.   Even if and when I add a P4 or P5 to the collection.
It still does a Bang up good job of  giving me a good time and capturing some impressive aerial video and photos.
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That's a classic one!
2016-3-28
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Literally!  Practically antique  
Hard to believe how FAST "today's tech" (the P1 just a few short years ago) is so dated so quickly.

But I still love my P1.   

2016-4-1
Use props
Jelle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224852 ft
Netherlands

Still flyin' high with this baby, still enjoying it! He might get a big brother soon or whenever...
2016-4-3
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I usally use mine for FPV flying gonna make it  a 1.5 soon
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules