Naza M lite issues with GPS and Manual mode and such
5871 12 2016-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

Total noob here with the M Lite so go easy please

1. I take off in ATTI mode and everything is good except it drifts to the right and I have to keep fighting the stick to keep it level.  What is causing this and how can I fix it? The trim on my Turnigy 9X can only go so far.

2.  In GPS mode I get a green light after about 30 seconds from turning it on and arm the motors but I can't control anythying. I will start to slowly spin up until in turns over on it's side.

3. I take off in ATTI mode and switch it to GPS and the quad will hover for a few seconds then take off straight up about 20 feet or so then starting flying backwards over my head. No stick movements work and I can't control it in GPS mode.  I don't know how far it would go but I put it back in ATTI mode and take control again before it flys away possbly.

4. I flip the switch to manual mode then what ever stick movement I use the quad reacts like I am moving the stick to it's furthest postions and it's uncontrollable.

as of right now I can only take off and fly in ATTI mode since GPS mode and manual mode is completely unusable. I have done all the calibrations with success, measured out the distance from the FC to the GPS puck and entered it in as negative numbers in the assistant as well.  Please help
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In Atti mode, drift can be common when there is wind or a weight imbalance on the craft. Do you see any error messages in the Naza Lite Assistant Software? Have you performed an IMU Calibration? Are you anywhere near a military base, airport or any other types of No Fly Zones? You definitely want to double check your X,Y and Z axis values since it can be attributing to the drift as well.
2016-8-21
Use props
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-21 13:32
In Atti mode, drift can be common when there is wind or a weight imbalance on the craft. Do you see  ...

I double checked the x,y,z measurements and all seem ok.  No error messages in the software and did the IMU calibration and every time I connect the FC it says there is no need to calibrate.  I have messed with the gain settings a little with no fix.  Just took the quad out got green gps lock waited a couple minutes and took off in ATTI mode.  Got the quad about 20 feet away and about 10 feet off the ground and put it into GPS mode and it hovered again for a few seconds then it climbs about 20 feet up then slowly starts to fly over my head (backwards).  It got just over my head and i took control.  There is no control in GPS mode except I can cut the throttle but no other stick functions work.
2016-8-21
Use props
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

It's actually behaving like the return to home function from what I am reading. It hovers for a few seconds then climbs then comes back to me so maybe I'll disable that function in the assistant and try again? Any thoughts on that?
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

loodachris@gmai Posted at 2016-8-22 11:58
It's actually behaving like the return to home function from what I am reading. It hovers for a few  ...

Yes that sounds as though the unit goes into failsafe when it is in GPS mode. Do you have failsafe as a mode switch command on your RC or is that disabled? You cannot fully remove the failsafe option, as it will automatically do so when it loses RC connection.
2016-8-22
Use props
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

I set up my Turnigy 9x by using a setup guide I found on Google so I'll have to go back and see what I did wrong. I just got a new Rx and TX module from frsky today to swap out the stock one so I need to set that up sometime this week anyway. As far as my 3 way switch goes the assistant shows GPS then Atti then manual. Manual is way too crazy to control so to avoid switching to that by accident I put the last position on the switch to Atti mode as well.
2016-8-22
Use props
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

Well I set everything back to default and set up my 3 way switch calibrated in the assistant and it's worked the first time ever in Gps mode. Kinda does a counter clockwise effect slowly moving a little but still holding. Very happy so far and now to shop for a gimbal. I keep reading people are having a lot of problems configuring the frsky DJT and V8FR combo so thats my next project to tackle soon.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

loodachris@gmai Posted at 2016-8-23 11:20
Well I set everything back to default and set up my 3 way switch calibrated in the assistant and it' ...

Good to hear you were able to resolve your issue. If you're getting that toilet bowl effect, then that's normally due to the GPS mounting values being a tad off. I know we've already gone over checking the values, but double check that the main controller is as close to the center of gravity as possible as well. After that, try another IMU calibration with a good compass calibration and that should help alleviate the issue.
2016-8-23
Use props
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

Still getting a little movement in Gps mode but nothing more than a foot in any direction from the hover point. Which values should I change to see if I can tighten up the movement?  The GC is dead center on my frame and the measurement of the x y z is as accurate as I can get it. Much better time flying this quad now so even if this is as good as it's going to get I'm happy. So much better than the kk board I started with and glad I bought this system now.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

loodachris@gmai Posted at 2016-8-24 09:27
Still getting a little movement in Gps mode but nothing more than a foot in any direction from the h ...

If you measured the x,y and z axis to the best of your ability, then there really are not a lot of values to change. One other physical thing to look at is the rotation of the GPS puck itself. You want to ensure the red arrow on the top of the GPS is as parallel with the main controller as possible.
2016-8-24
Use props
loodachris
lvl.1

United States

Looks good so I'll say this quad is good to go finally. Now time to research fpv cameras and goggles. Thanks for all your help
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

loodachris@gmai Posted at 2016-8-25 11:28
Looks good so I'll say this quad is good to go finally. Now time to research fpv cameras and goggles ...

You're welcome, happy flying!
2016-8-25
Use props
fans1890a587
New

India

I m using an avionic rcb6i
And i m not being able to change to gps mode...  It only switches between  failsafe and the corners... Someone plz help me
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules