Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,

I need to make a decision  to whether to ditch the A3 and go back to A2 so can you please help.

I upgraded on the back of being able to install A3 Pro for the safety features and future development.

Before purchase I read the available literature and it was apparent that the A3 had the same functionality on the F1 - F4 ports as the A2 and my auxiliary equipment would work the same by mapping these channels to the LB2 ground station.

Since my purchase I have been banging on about this lack of functionality and although DJI agree that the channels (apart from F1) do not work as stated they will not commit as to whether they ever will.

This situation is no good to me a I need to know whether and when this functionality will be introduced.

If it is never, I also need to know as I will then go back to my A2 and start looking for alternative rigs to run my business.

I have tried to be polite in this post in the hope that someone at DJI ill understand the frustration and inconvenience this situation has caused, particularly as the literature states that these channels can be mapped.

The Go App allows C1 and C2 buttons to be mapped to certain functions, why can this not include the F channels?

Please, DJI, let us know what the intentions are as many users need this functionality and are as frustrated as me.
2016-9-6
Use props
fjeppe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

If you search the forum, you will find many threads about the missing mapping options of the F1-F4 ports, so go back to the A2 ;)
2016-9-7
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

fjeppe@gmail.co Posted at 2016-9-7 20:12
If you search the forum, you will find many threads about the missing mapping options of the F1-F4 p ...

let's also get a response from Dji
little trickery and write one can use the channels and it does not work (also one of the reasons I bought and for no reason)
it is not because it is cheap, on the contrary manual is also poor
2016-9-7
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Despite several direct emails (which have been ignored) and many postings on this website, DJI still refuse to answer or even comment on this issue of goods not being as described.
In the UK and Europe it is illegal to state that a product will perform in a way which it clearly does not. I suspect the same is true in the USA as Volkswagen recently found out!
I have spoken to the UK Trading Standards Office and they confirm that by claiming the A3 has certain functionality which is does not, THEY ARE IN BREACH OF OUR CONSUMER LAWS.
Are DJI the Volkswagen of the drone industry by lying to customers for commercial gain?
DJI refuse to answer fundamental questions as to why they continue to miss-sell this product despite knowing that it does not do what they say!  
Moreover they ignore public and private correspondence in which they are given a chance to comment on this wholly unsatisfactory situation.
If you read through this forum you will find many posts on this issue which DJI simply ignore.
DJI, I need a response or I will be posting my comments on every forum I can find as well as social media.
I am a customer who has been mislead you are still misleading customers about this product and, furthermore, you value me so little that you can't be bothered to respond, either publicly or privately.
I will be investigating my legal right to a refund and compensation and, I suggest, that anyone else reading this forum, does the same.
Sorry DJI, Volkswagen didn't get away with it, and neither should you.
2016-9-8
Use props
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you bought it with a credit credit card the card company should be able to refund you the money as the item you bought is clearly not fit for purpose.
2016-9-8
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-9-8 10:06
Despite several direct emails (which have been ignored) and many postings on this website, DJI still ...

I am a customer who has been mislead you are still misleading customers about this product

Looking forward to  hear their answers
for I am not happy with it
2016-9-8
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-9-8 10:06
Despite several direct emails (which have been ignored) and many postings on this website, DJI still ...

It's what they  write if you compare A2-A3

Built-in PMU
Intelligent Flight Modes
Low voltage protection
DJI Smart Battery Protection
Motor overload detection
External SBUS receiver
Lightbridge 2 receiver
8 function channels (including 4 configurable direction channels)
SDK

2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

We understand that this function is needed to be an appropriate replacement to the A2. It is a function that is being worked on and will have this issue rectified via a firmware update. Further updates on this matter will be made available soon.
2016-9-14
Use props
fjeppe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Jamie, could you please bring to following wishes forward to the developer team:

1. Opening the F1 to F4 ports for customization
2. Expand the Start/Stop functionality to also support aperture controll, you have had it in the Zenmuse gimbals so why not to the M600 Ronin-MX platform.

These are the biggest wishes, and this would add so much more value to the entire A3/M600 setup, at the moment, its like having a phone, it can call but not text.
2016-9-26
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI,
Can we have an update on this issue please?
2016-10-10
Use props
fjeppe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-10 12:15
DJI,
Can we have an update on this issue please?

Solution: Go back to the A2 ;)
2016-10-10
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi fjeppe,

I think I am going to have to as I'm getting nowhere with this. I need that functionality and I don't see the A3 getting it anytime soon.

I think this will be the first time I have ever gone backwards to go forward.

The whole DJI thing is getting me down, they don't even seem to care?

2016-10-14
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This post goes back to October when we were promised it was being worked on? Still nothing.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules