Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
max.kingsley
lvl.3

South Africa

Here is a copy of a mail I sent to the Apple iStore Contact team

Is there any bets on a reply?

Dear App Developers
How far is the approval of the DJI Pilot App?
I bought a $4000 drone, and cant fly until Apple release the App, as was the understanding when I bought the drone.

I cannot understand how Apple can be happy that hundreds of people (who has $4000 for a TOY), can be forced BY APPPLE, to buy android devices and discard their Apple Products.

2015-2-10
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sad truth I'm afraid. Still, I'm beginning to like the two Nvidia Shields I bought. Half the price and equal performance. Also opened my eyes as to how complacent Apple has become with its success.

I'm much less enthusiastic about their products. My macbook pro has never been the same since Yosemite and I'm loosing patience waiting for them to fix such a buggy piece of code. My hat off to Tim Cook, he's finally turning OSX into the new unreliable Windows. Enough ranting for now.
2015-2-10
Use props
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

Is iOS version of the app the one that has the simulator??  I have both android and ipad but on my android, there isn't a simulator function for me to learn to fly before flying the real thing.
2015-2-10
Use props
guygeva
lvl.2

Israel

What do you want from Apple?
Apple have it's rules about what developers can and can't do with their apps not because Apple wants you to suffer as a costumer, the other way around, they want to be sure that you as costumer get the best possible quality from the app and the device. security is a big part of it and that's something that you really glade that they do.

As a former android user i can tell you all that in 100% of the time, no matter what device i worked with what you see is far away from what you get, at least with Apple i know that i pay for products of a company that will make an real effort to fix if there an issue.

DJI is the one to blame. they took a chance on something they shouldn't do and now they need to fix it. so we are all be able to use the inspire without compromise the best possible usability and security even when the app will get more and more features in the future.
2015-2-10
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nniemik Posted at 2015-2-10 22:48
Is iOS version of the app the one that has the simulator??  I have both android and ipad but on my a ...

Yes, the IOS version has the simulator.
2015-2-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Their working on an android sim as well.. No ETA Though
2015-2-10
Use props
Advanced