After Go 4 app upgrade locked in 5.8 frequency.
577 7 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Any help here?  I HATE 5.8 as it has very little range.  The strange part is that DJI decided it to be the default frequency (why??) and the very first thing I change before each flight is the 5.8 to 2.4.  This morning I got prompted to update the Go 4 app - which I (foolishly) did.  I'm now locked in 5.8 and in no way can I even see 2.4 on the app...  I still took the P4 P out to my normal flying spot and no sooner had I take off I had transmission issues with complete loss of video etc.  Please investigate.

Many thanks.

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, may I know what mobile device you are using? please upload a screenshot for the firmware version on "About" page.
Do you have video cache enabled on the app? if so, please provide that video to us for locating the image transmission issue.
2016-12-27
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

Been using both the Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Tab 4S for a while now.  Worked 100% with the P4 and P4 P till this morning....

I also constantly get a "Firmware Update" notification when I use the Go 4 app, but there is none - I check just now again.  Everything has the latest firmware...  Why the notification then?

Is there any way to go back to the previous version of the Go 4 App??

Screenshot:

Go 4 app screen s.jpg
2016-12-27
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

For Natalia...
2016-12-27
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

JWC P4 P Posted at 2016-12-27 06:21
Been using both the Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Tab 4S for a while now.  Worked 100% with the P4 and P4 P till this morning....

I also constantly get a "Firmware Update" notification when I use the Go 4 app, but there is none - I check just now again.  Everything has the latest firmware...  Why the notification then?

I, too, had an issue where I thought everything was at the most up-to-date firmware, but I still received the notification to update.

It turned out everything wasn't updated. Note the DASH after 01.03.00.00. I had the same issue and until I completed the update again, the application constantly told me I had a firmware update available.

This happened with my aircraft and controller. After I updated again, the dash went away and so did the reminder to update.
2016-12-27
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

OK, I'll try again.  If you use Android, can you access 2.4 as a frequency?
5.8 screenshot.jpg
2016-12-27
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-12-27 16:25
I, too, had an issue where I thought everything was at the most up-to-date firmware, but I still received the notification to update.

It turned out everything wasn't updated. Note the DASH after 01.03.00.00. I had the same issue and until I completed the update again, the application constantly told me I had a firmware update available.

Many thanks for the tip!!  It was my controller that required an update and not the craft!!  After the controller update 2.4 is back!!!  Great!!  I owe you!
2016-12-27
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

JWC P4 P Posted at 2016-12-27 13:10
Many thanks for the tip!!  It was my controller that required an update and not the craft!!  After the controller update 2.4 is back!!!  Great!!  I owe you!

No sweat! Enjoy the aircraft!
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules