https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJA0qJKKB-M

Mine too!
2015-4-8
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

...does DJI actually monitor and participate on these forums?  I've read pages of this thread, and as a duped I1 owner, share everyone's frustration!

The I1 were launched as a 'lighthouse product', but much of it's strategic advantage and differentiation were wiped of the board with the P3 announcement!

I just can't see them having made such an enormous product strategy and roadmap blunder without having thought this through.  It's critical DJI distribute a news release to all I1 owners ASAP!
2015-4-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Wait,,,what......a P3?

I'm like the rest of you I don't know what to think here.
Been on Holiday to return  here to see a new p3 on the horizon ,and I feel a bit jilted, bam boozled ,and happy all in one bite.lol
Maybe having both will be a good solution as the P3 has mobility on its side, but not stability. One thing I do know is that now if one crashes a inspire you can just step back in to the game with a p3...The p3 looks like a mini inspire feature wise, but far from it.
Wow this is getting expensive fast think I will wait on a p3 till late summer and watch the show unfold.
BTW the p3 does have a 3 axis gimbal to the poster who said it did not It has it ALL.. Damn it DJI !! Get our inspire1 3k investments worked out first please!
p3 has everything we thought the inspire would have which rubs yah a bit raw, if yah ask me.
Phantom still looks like a flying spaghetti strainer ,and very toyish in comparison but man its loaded to the gills ..
2015-4-8
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
Guatemala

I'll keep flying my Inspire and my P2V+ for a while, and at some point, after a few firmware upgrades, I'll sell off my P2V+ and buy a P3. Been doing just that with cameras for decades (Nikon D90, F100, D1, D2x, D3x, D810 and on and on). Don't get mad at constant technological change. Encourage it. Embrace it. Technology-based hobbies are expensive. Obsolescence is fast and furious -- and necessary to advance the state of the art.
2015-4-8
Use props
Johnny Sky
lvl.1

United States

Bought my Inspire 1 2 weeks ago, only to read all of the horror stories, watch DJI run a current beta program asking paying customers who have shelled out crap loads of cash for $3-4K prototypes???  Balls!  Get the bloody I1 finished already!  I'm not interested in reading crap postings speculating about Inspire 2...my I1 is barely 2 weeks old and I don't feel as confident flying it as my P2.  Fast-track the P3 honeymoon and get to INSPIRING I1 users already!  BTW here in Canada with $ exchange the Inspire 1 with 1 controller + DJI case comes in at just under $4K.
2015-4-9
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Ok, I own an inspire 1 and. Vision2+, and now I see this new bird. As owner of Canon dsrls, the Inspire is like a 5ds and the phantom 3 is like a rebel t6s. They almost do the same think but the difference in price are 4 to 1. Once you use both you will understand what is the difference. The materials, the weight, the size, and the time lasting are some of the things that made a true professional machine, not only the name. Phantom 3 is a professional toy, but inspire 1 is a professional tool.
2015-4-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

capalvch@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-10 08:16
Ok, I own an inspire 1 and. Vision2+, and now I see this new bird. As owner of Canon dsrls, the Ins ...

I like your Canon analogy, I think you're spot on!
2015-4-9
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Brilliant  I have all of the above and guy are spot on. I feel so much better
2015-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

capalvch@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-10 08:16
Ok, I own an inspire 1 and. Vision2+, and now I see this new bird. As owner of Canon dsrls, the Ins ...

+1 - Great Analogy
2015-4-9
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-9 17:37
i own a few RC aircraft ( some attached ) the rest are in the garage. What I'm saying is the I1sho ...

Sorry i thought you didn't  own an I1 my bad! and I agree with what you are saying, Many people in the forum are so afraid to fly the I1 for the simple reason that there are so many bugs and in the event that something where to break they wouldn't be able to immediately find a way to repair the bird, and sending the bird to DJi would mean no bird for almost 9 weeks and the repair are so expensive.
2015-4-10
Use props
donfiedler.hotm
lvl.1

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-9 00:45
It is quite clear that DJI have simply used the Inspire platform for the Phantom3 whilst adding in a ...

I couldn't agree more, where is the POI, Home Lock, Course Lock, GS waypoints, DJI needs to get their support for existing products complete and working before introducing something newer with more features and less price.
2015-4-10
Use props
southerndoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3010495 ft
Australia

Did you blow 4 grand? I don't think so. Especially when the marketing geeks come up with such wonders as:
"The P3 always knows where it is, even if you don't"
And my personal favourite:
"We built our camera from the ground up using the highest quality aluminum, pulled from the crust of the Earth itself..."
Yep. "All that's left is pure fun..."

I'm glad I have an Inspire....
2015-4-10
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

I've read that the inspire price will drop to $1800 soon
2015-4-10
Use props
markwiss.hotmai
lvl.2
United States

darmino Posted at 2015-4-9 01:10
The main reason I purchased the Inspire is its ability to handle wind.  I can't tell you how many gr ...

I agree.  Two friends have lost Phantoms to wind.  One into a tree and one into a lake.  I went above the tree line and when the wind, 10-15 mph gusts, caught it, I leaned the craft in and came right back.  13" props really deliver.  Also the phantom lands hard if you are not super careful.
2015-4-10
Use props
Redeye
lvl.2

United Kingdom

For my still photography I predominantly use Fuji Cameras and I think DJI would be wise to emulate Fuji in regards to their customer relations.
Fuji are renowned for not only producing great cameras and glass but also how much they listen to and support their customers.
Many "older" Fuji cameras still get firmware updates which it many cases bring them almost up to spec of their newer replacements.

The next 3 months or so are going to important for us Inspire users and the ongoing relationship with DJI.
IF the next firmware sorts out some of the problems we all now about, IF spare parts etc are more readily available, IF we are given more information about future camera options and the roadmap for the inspire things might look up.
If on the other hand they don't,  I think they will lose a lot goodwill and we will go elsewhere to a manufacturer who cares about its customers, and by the look of it DJI are going to have some competition this year...
2015-4-10
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Mkell_CA_SF.BAY Posted at 2015-4-9 02:50
We all have options. We can bitch and moan and cry all day long about how we spent this much on the  ...

Well Said! I couldn't agree more.
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2015-4-9 00:45
I think the Inspire 1 certainly still has it's place in the eco-system above the Phantom series; the ...

Totally agreed!!!
New larger sensor camera would be fantastic.
Where is the camera mount???
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2015-4-9 01:14
It's not really identical is it?

The Inspire is a better quad no arguments, but the camera now n ...

Exactly...
2015-4-10
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is my issue.
I currently own an Inspire1 and a Phantom vision plus.
I originally bought the phantom and before it was delivered DJI comes out with an updated Phantom with a different cheesy remote with built in battery and gimble wheel etc.
The cost for me to upgrade to this remote is $99USD pretty good deal, Now DJI comes out with the Phantom 3 and includes what pretty much looks like an Inspire remote, only difference I see is the Video/USB ports, my pi__ off is that I had to pay $600 for the second remote for my Inspire...... and this Phantom comes with this new remote, so is the phantom only worth like $500 for all its technology that the Inspire has?
hey I agree the Inspire is much better in wind etc and can pan 320 degrees but was it really worth the money we all payed??????
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules