Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 4-17 09:20
Wasn't there a post here or on Phantom Pilots about an interview some DJI guy gave and said Phantom line was finished ? The post even gave the video link to the interview.

And it was deleted a day later from anywhere that showed it.
It seems that DJI didn't want it out there but why is a mystery.
It might have been wrong or DJI just likes to keep people guessing.
2019-4-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI’s own Director of Public Safety Integration Romeo Durscher said [...]“Yes, the Phantom line with the exception of the Phantom 4 Pro RTK has come to an end,” he told the Drone Owners Network.

“Romeo misspoke,” DJI communications director Adam Lisberg [...]

linky

2019-4-28
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's what I don't understand: Why in the world do they continue to keep the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 in a status of Out of Stock on their website? What if Google, Samsung, GoPro, Apple.... anyone... discontinued a product and continued to features it on their website for 6 months (or has it been longer.. I don't even know)? And that's all aside from the oddness of them doing this and not officially releasing any update to their customers. Officially... nobody know wtf is going on with this product line. What's the business plan here?
2019-5-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Michael Kemper Posted at 5-17 15:08
Here's what I don't understand: Why in the world do they continue to keep the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 in a status of Out of Stock on their website? What if Google, Samsung, GoPro, Apple.... anyone... discontinued a product and continued to features it on their website for 6 months (or has it been longer.. I don't even know)? And that's all aside from the oddness of them doing this and not officially releasing any update to their customers. Officially... nobody know wtf is going on with this product line. What's the business plan here?

Actually, "officially", they have said that the phantom line has not ended and the p4p v2.0 is awaiting parts, thats also repeated on here when the staff has been asked the question ;) see the link post #42
2019-5-17
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

So at this point, the question should swing to: "What is the magical part or assembly that DJI can't get for 6 months?" A digital camera? An assembled PCB? Tantalum capacitors? Screws? Molded plastic shells? The gray foam box?

You can still get a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 repaired (just got one back and it's a completely new drone/refurb), buy a Phantom RTK, buy a whole line of Mavics, all that have... a lot of... parts... from... suppliers...

I understand that the issue is probably complex and that DJI owes us exactly jack as customers, but I say it's time for another official update. Press release style, in lieu of a disputed statement from Michael Schmidt, DJI's HR assistant out of their Frankfurt office.
2019-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Michael Kemper Posted at 5-18 06:22
So at this point, the question should swing to: "What is the magical part or assembly that DJI can't get for 6 months?" A digital camera? An assembled PCB? Tantalum capacitors? Screws? Molded plastic shells? The gray foam box?

You can still get a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 repaired (just got one back and it's a completely new drone/refurb), buy a Phantom RTK, buy a whole line of Mavics, all that have... a lot of... parts... from... suppliers...

I would say they have more than enough to handle repairs, this would have had to been though of well in advance, ie. stock levels reaches X amount then stop selling new....
2019-5-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

JockC Posted at 3-15 23:02
I have received advice that the Phantom Pro V2.0 has now been discontinued and that there will be no Phantom 5. DJI is apparently focusing on the Mavic. It’ll be interesting to see if this information is correct. Note. I’m not claiming to be privy to DJI decisions. I’m just passing on what I believe may be credible information.
Edit. Probably, I should have used the words “plausible information” rather than “advice” but, as above, time will tell whether it’s correct.

One Symbian coming right up... haha

Haven’t seen those for a long time. Good going.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Knuckle upside, fat ear to follow... hehe

Good grief.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Laser zap...

RedHotPoker
2019-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Air/America Posted at 4-17 15:18
I have a P3A and a P3P. I think that I will wait until the model P6A or the P6P is available to purchase.

Upvote for ya, on that.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Air/America Posted at 4-17 15:18
I have a P3A and a P3P. I think that I will wait until the model P6A or the P6P is available to purchase.

Upvote for ya, on that.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules