New Mavic 3 Firmware Released (05/31/2022)
15540 195 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cauffy Posted at 5-31 07:12
Hi The DJI RC is now supported to use with the Mavic 3, see video below

Yeah all the suckers like me that bought the Pro Remote for the same price of the DJI Mini with Controller.
2022-5-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am out of town and don’t have my drone with me. What’s the test results like including Airsense, is there waypoints, does the 4G dongle work now? Are we still missing features or ??
2022-5-31
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mattft86 Posted at 5-31 06:25
Increased Home Point refresh rate. Is that the slow gps fix?

Sure sounds like it. Time to think about applying now.

Interesting to see what other issues it creates.

Nice to hear from early adopters.
2022-5-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Cauffy Posted at 5-31 07:12
Hi The DJI RC is now supported to use with the Mavic 3, see video below

Where?             .
2022-5-31
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

BrianKushner Posted at 5-31 09:52
Yeah all the suckers like me that bought the Pro Remote for the same price of the DJI Mini with Controller.

The overall quality, signal range and screen better on RC Pro.

If you ask me, the Air2s with RC pro better package to buy than mini 3 pro with RC. But RC Pro overpriced when you buy alone. Instead of trying to selling package i prefer the DJI to sell items alone with good prices. Than everybody can buy what they want.
2022-5-31
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 5-31 08:14
Do we need to update all the batteries?

Good question....
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Skyhigh16 Posted at 5-31 08:21
GPS appears to be fixed. Hopefully, the same is true for your unit.

Another chime in here that GPS appears to be fixed. I got locked in under 30 seconds and the home point was updated on take off to a very accurate point after waiting for a 60 seconds for a strong lock. I was before finding that the intial cold boot homepoint was way, way, off.

I even have more locked satellites then I have had in the past. Before I ran about 20 and right now I got 24. The satellite report says I should have 20 minimum.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 5-31 10:07
Good question....

I didn’t get prompted for a battery update when I switched.
2022-5-31
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 5-31 10:15
Another chime in here that GPS appears to be fixed. I got locked in under 30 seconds and the home point was updated on take off to a very accurate point after waiting for a 60 seconds for a strong lock.

I even have more locked satellites then I have had in the past. Before I ran about 20 and right now I got 24. The satellite report says I should have 20 minimum.

Great news! Thank you.
2022-5-31
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 5-31 10:16
I didn’t get prompted for a battery update when I switched.

Thank you for confirming this!
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-31 10:00

One of the things it was doing was not really updating the home point on take off if it was close enough and the close enough could actually be pretty far off.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-31 07:27
Wow this sounds like a great update, looking at the list of features. Thank you DJI!!!

The only thing I wish it had was waypoints so you could repeat fly video recording for when you are trying to capture progress, but this update has finally been the update I was promised that the Mavic 3 would be.
Hyperlapse does appear to be a lot more stable but generally for the best you still have to stablize in post with raw images. HOWEVER, it being stablized better at capture means even better post results.

My only real big requests are the waypoints and setting a top speed so you can maintain a certain speed while recording.
2022-5-31
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 5-31 10:00

Nope dose nothing. Dji id like my money back please, you kept us all dangling months ago just waiting for the cooling off period to end (funny that) you told us just over two months ago the techs has found the problem and a fix was coming within two months. Well its been two months still no fix for a drone i paid £2500 for not as much as some i know. What did we get since the so called techs found the so called problem? Nothing just lies and a new drone thats up in the air a full 3-4 minutes than my m3. What did m3 users get today? A load of features to get us to forget about the gps problem... No thanks id sooner of had the gps fixed so i could at least fly the bloody thing.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

Mattft86 Posted at 5-31 10:33
Nope dose nothing. Dji id like my money back please, you kept us all dangling months ago just waiting for the cooling off period to end (funny that) you told us just over two months ago the techs has found the problem and a fix was coming within two months. Well its been two months still no fix for a drone i paid £2500 for not as much as some i know. What did we get since the so called techs found the so called problem? Nothing just lies and a new drone thats up in the air a full 3-4 minutes than my m3. What did m3 users get today? A load of features to get us to forget about the gps problem... No thanks id sooner of had the gps fixed so i could at least fly the bloody thing.

Ahh, the GPS fix is in there. I got up in the air in under 45 seconds with a good lock and more locked satellites than I ever had.
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-31 10:02
Where?             .

According to Billy Kyle it is.
2022-5-31
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 5-31 10:38
Ahh, the GPS fix is in there. I got up in the air in under 45 seconds with a good lock and more locked satellites than I ever had.

From a cold start?
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-31 09:57
I am out of town and don’t have my drone with me. What’s the test results like including Airsense, is there waypoints, does the 4G dongle work now? Are we still missing features or ??

I think it will be NZ comms that need to change for dongle to work .
2022-5-31
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 5-31 10:38

Well ive done the update and my mate came roud with his mini 3 and was up and flying in less than a minute while mine was still sat on the ground 4 minutes later.
2022-5-31
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 10:42
According to Billy Kyle it is.

He made an amendment in his own video on the first fixed post. The RC still does not work with M3.
2022-5-31
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 5-31 10:47
He made an amendment in his own video on the first fixed post. The RC still does not work with M3.

That would be correct. It would require a FW Update to the RC Controller for that to happen and I don't see that yet announced.
2022-5-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 10:44
I think it will be NZ comms that need to change for dongle to work .

I dont think so, Dji needs to open the dongle to work in other countries. It gets a signal here but cannot activate it.
2022-5-31
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 5-31 10:33
The only thing I wish it had was waypoints so you could repeat fly video recording for when you are trying to capture progress, but this update has finally been the update I was promised that the Mavic 3 would be.
Hyperlapse does appear to be a lot more stable but generally for the best you still have to stablize in post with raw images. HOWEVER, it being stablized better at capture means even better post results.

That is good news that hyperlapse is more stable now. I wonder if AirSense was enabled for the US as I think it was disabled before. I think it would be nice to get waypoints, speed control, i.e. for tripod mode, not sure if this was added in this update, to be able to view aperture and shutter speed on screen real time, ability to control denoising / sharpening / contrast via controller dials (not sure if this was added in this release), AirSense (not sure if it was added), faster GPS lock (not sure if this was added), flicker reduction for how the drone handles substantial lighting conditions changes (maybe was fixed in this release), 10 bit color for tele lens (not sure if this is possible though).
2022-5-31
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Somebody says "GPS issue fixed", somebody says "GPS issue still exist" like me. So there seems two possibilities;

1) GPS issue has been fixed for some of production but not for all of them.
2) People says "It is fixed" made a mistake and it is not a cold startafter FW update.

So DJI please would you make it clear for us? We need an answer?
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So no waypoints then.  Guess I’ll just keep the Mavic 2 Pro for that.
2022-5-31
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good update. A lot of kudos.
That said, waypoints and SDK are still sorely missing.
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 5-31 10:47
He made an amendment in his own video on the first fixed post. The RC still does not work with M3.

Cheers thank you.
2022-5-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know how folks are updating today, then testing today for GPS cold start.  Am I missing something?  I had the drone running for quite some time to do the udpate and I know it did get a GPS fix while waiting on the firmware update.  My determination of GPS fix success will be how it does tomorrow from a cold start.
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 11:17
So no waypoints then.  Guess I’ll just keep the Mavic 2 Pro for that.

They did say waypoints was coming but not with this FW. And I think it took longer to implement Waypoints on M2P.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 11:39
They did say waypoints was coming but not with this FW. And I think it took longer to implement Waypoints on M2P.

I thought all the reviews now said this firmware made the Mavic 3 complete.  
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 11:41
I thought all the reviews now said this firmware made the Mavic 3 complete.

I think it is complete, I used M2P waypoints once so I don’t need them. Now the just need to release the SDK. My GPS was very quick 2.5 hours after I shut it down. Just over 40 seconds, quicker than I was ready to fly. The camera is awesome on this machine and looking forward to using the tele camera in manual mode.
2022-5-31
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-31 11:39
I don't know how folks are updating today, then testing today for GPS cold start.  Am I missing something?  I had the drone running for quite some time to do the udpate and I know it did get a GPS fix while waiting on the firmware update.  My determination of GPS fix success will be how it does tomorrow from a cold start.

Thats not difficult to understand at all. Many people, myself included, will update the drone inside our house, which has a roof. I can turn my mavic 3 on and set it on my coffee table until the battery dies and will get 0 satellites. Once you do the update, you turn the drone off, swap batteries, go outside, and then run your test in the open. This is a legitimate cold boot. It is possible to get gps inside a house sometimes if you have the drone near windows. If the drone communicates with the sattelites and downloads the data, then yes you would ruin the cold boot test. The key is to simply not allow the drone to get any gps signal during the update. Thats not hard for me to do in my house.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 11:54
I think it is complete, I used M2P waypoints once so I don’t need them. Now the just need to release the SDK. My GPS was very quick 2.5 hours after I shut it down. Just over 40 seconds, quicker than I was ready to fly. The camera is awesome on this machine and looking forward to using the tele camera in manual mode.

The waypoints on the m2p and mini2 via litchi were not accurate enough for me.   Many times I tried to fly the same route the m2p would be 30-60degrees off the view point and the mini2 with litchi was just all over the place.  Although litchi in the smart controller was really buggy for me.  

I was hoping when Mavic 3 came out that would have been improved but it seems like an after thought again.   

I see the sdk is now going to be android only going forward and not backwards compatible so it will be interesting to see how 3rd party’s support that.  

At least they fixed the gps finally.  
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't know how folks are updating today, then testing today for GPS cold start.  Am I missing something?  I had the drone running for quite some time to do the udpate and I know it did get a GPS fix while waiting on the firmware update.  My determination of GPS fix success will be how it does tomorrow from a cold start.

I couldn’t get 3 sats indoors ever on M3, now after 5 minutes updating I had 19. I left craft for 2.5 hours and started up got fix in just over 40 seconds.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-31 10:44
From a cold start?

Yes, from a cold start.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

I don't know how folks are updating today, then testing today for GPS cold start.  Am I missing something?  I had the drone running for quite some time to do the udpate and I know it did get a GPS fix while waiting on the firmware update.  My determination of GPS fix success will be how it does tomorrow from a cold start.
I consistently reproduced long cold starts just leaving the drone off for an hour and it’s been noted that should be enough.

Technically though, a cold start would be only after 180 days when the almanac data expires unless the device dumps it sooner because it can’t store it.

A warm start is within 4 hours which is when the ephemeris data expires which I tested well after this.

From other postings 45 minutes with the Mavic 3 is all you need to trigger a cold start as the battery backup for the GPS unit is only good that long.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 11:54
I think it is complete, I used M2P waypoints once so I don’t need them. Now the just need to release the SDK. My GPS was very quick 2.5 hours after I shut it down. Just over 40 seconds, quicker than I was ready to fly. The camera is awesome on this machine and looking forward to using the tele camera in manual mode.

Well, it’s everything promised with the launch of the drone now right? Anything now is a really nice feature Added making it even better.
2022-5-31
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just updated, did IMU, compass and remote calibration and on test flight all seemed good. GPS seems fixed and the tele lens with raw is awesome. So far so good.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

Cloudwalker Posted at 5-31 12:54
Just updated, did IMU, compass and remote calibration and on test flight all seemed good. GPS seems fixed and the tele lens with raw is awesome. So far so good.

I haven’t gotten a chance to test tele raw but I’m hoping access to raw makes it a lot more useful for actual picture taking when you need to say not be flying over people.
2022-5-31
Use props
ALichty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

My brief testing this morning has left me a happy camper - I am getting enough satellites for a home point fix in less than a minute. I did try out the 7x tele lens with RAW output and am quite pleased with the output. AEB and Burst modes do work as advertised and at least from what I could see for some initial flights the screen view in 7x looks a bit brighter than it did prior to today's updates.
2022-5-31
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

Also notice as a side note that all previous versions of firmware now vanish in DJI Assistant when upgrading, so no rollback, would have preferred this to be optional but usual DJI trickery again carrot dangle and it's all gone, just hope this firmware is all it's made out to be, just tested it and found the RTH landing precision to be crap, wasn't the best light but my Mavic 2 Pro manages it just fine in the same light.
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules