Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yaros1 Posted at 6-2 02:33
It is amazing how you always find an opportunity to argue about unnecessary things.

Are you trying to become a troll like that weasel too?
It's probably more than you could understand, but I was giving useful advice rather than spamming the post with myths and misinformation.

2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I guess I am right so.
2022-6-2
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the annoyance when they completely lock out being able to downgrade your firmware after the update!   For those reading that have not upgraded to this newest update, once you do this update, DJI Assistant 2 (for whatever reason) will no longer show the previous versions of firmware to allow you to revert back to an older version...
A simple solution for everyone here is for DJI to reenable the older firmware versions seen on the DJI Assistant 2 and at least let people rollback if they want to.
2022-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 6-2 05:07
This is the annoyance when they completely lock out being able to downgrade your firmware after the update!   For those reading that have not upgraded to this newest update, once you do this update, DJI Assistant 2 (for whatever reason) will no longer show the previous versions of firmware to allow you to revert back to an older version...
A simple solution for everyone here is for DJI to reenable the older firmware versions seen on the DJI Assistant 2 and at least let people rollback if they want to.

Given the problems of previous firmware and the complaints it generated, DJI might consider that previous firmware versions are not desirable and it's in the users (and DJI's) best interests not to be able to go back to defective versions?
2022-6-2
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 05:15
Given the problems of previous firmware and the complaints it generated, DJI might consider that previous firmware versions are not desirable and it's in the users (and DJI's) best interests not to be able to go back to defective versions?

I would agree that is probably their rationale for doing it.  But the assumption they are also making is that the new firmware will be flawless....which apparently it is not
2022-6-2
Use props
fans219182d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3560 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also just updated the firmware and now am receiving the error gimbal IMU data error and also the remote is stuck on shooting in progress unable to switch camera shooting mode. I spent 3 hours with DJI Tech support yesterday who just asked me to recalibrate everything (which everything worked except the IMU continued to fail), refresh the firmware update through the computer which I did, delete and reinstall the app which all did not work. Finally they just asked me to send in the drone. Hoping this gets resolved soon or DJI allows us to roll back the firmware ASAP.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3365075 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 6-2 05:07
This is the annoyance when they completely lock out being able to downgrade your firmware after the update!   For those reading that have not upgraded to this newest update, once you do this update, DJI Assistant 2 (for whatever reason) will no longer show the previous versions of firmware to allow you to revert back to an older version...
A simple solution for everyone here is for DJI to reenable the older firmware versions seen on the DJI Assistant 2 and at least let people rollback if they want to.

Spoke to Dji today and they seemed surprised there was no option to roll back the firmware.  They asked me to take a picture of assitant 2 with the drone connected and send it to them .
2022-6-2
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 00:11
Why would anyone mess around with the hardware of the drone because they were updating the SW. you couldn’t make this up. I take it they all updated after each FW and it was successful. Thats about 7 IMU calibrations, 6 more than I have done with every drone I owned in 8 years…

Its a bit like getting your car serviced every time you change the CD ;+)

thats my thoughts, i have only ever does one imu calibration in over 6 years , not needed
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

goldenorfephoto Posted at 6-2 05:50
thats my thoughts, i have only ever does one imu calibration in over 6 years , not needed

IMU will notify if it needs updating and you can see in your app the health of your IMU. But there have been many myths over the years about calibration of the IMU after FW or SW updates but these are only myths.

My understanding was and in most cases still is, although with new tech and better hardware for the most it’s probably not a good idea to continually mess about with it.

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

As far as I see it, IMU calibration on a level surf as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands.  It also likely measures any sensor noise and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight. - this is likely why there must be no vibrations during the calibration process.

Bad IMU calibration could cause drift and attitude issues as the flight controller fights to hold the craft in what it thinks is the correct attitude as opposed to the correct physical attitude.

The IMU usually has 2 types of sensors – angle and acceleration and in turn 3 sensors of each type measuring in the X,Y and Z axis. These sensors can, through vibration, aging, impact etc, drift in their response over time and thus an IMU calibration will establish a new reference for the IMU’s level/stationary state that the flight controller can work with to restore stable flight.

Think of calibration as the bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude.

As to how often an IMU calibration is needed, Refer to your manual ;
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I did an imu calibration because my drone was climbing by itself when  I flew forward .
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

May I ask if these IMU calibration problems exist only on the Android platform, or IOS, or both? Personally I've never needed to calibrate an IMU myself; but this function is there on the FLY app, and there is no reason for it to not work. After the 700 firmware and FLY 164 updates I have also found that one other feature has stopped working, however I later found that this feature just doesn't work on the Android version of FLY164, but it still works when I tried with my Mavic3 linked to a N1 controller and my iPhone. So I'm guessing there's a chance this IMU calibration problem might as well be just another Android bug.
2022-6-2
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb Posted at 6-2 05:48
Spoke to Dji today and they seemed surprised there was no option to roll back the firmware.  They asked me to take a picture of assitant 2 with the drone connected and send it to them .

Very interesting....especially since everyone with the update seems to have (across the board) lost the ability to roll back
2022-6-2
Use props
Mjs0708
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1236106 ft
United States

My IMU fails every time at the vertical point. (standing) any fixes or am I doing something wrong at that point?
2022-6-2
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Mjs0708 Posted at 6-2 10:10
My IMU fails every time at the vertical point. (standing) any fixes or am I doing something wrong at that point?

No, that’s exactly the issue everyone is having. We must wait now for the fix.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_GbVZZWMnXTJM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2940758 ft
United States

WOW! How disappointing to read all of these posts dealing with the new firmware update. I was so excited to do the update, but now holding off. Can't deal with my M3 being grounded. Just curious, how many are actually grounded versus just unable to calibrate the IMU? Best of luck to all!
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_GbVZZWMnXTJM Posted at 6-2 14:40
WOW! How disappointing to read all of these posts dealing with the new firmware update. I was so excited to do the update, but now holding off. Can't deal with my M3 being grounded. Just curious, how many are actually grounded versus just unable to calibrate the IMU? Best of luck to all!

The new FW is excellent and a big improvement for this drone. And while some without any explanation decided to calibrate their IMU “against what their manual tells them” are now stuck not being able to complete calibration, but those who haven’t tried to calibrate are more than happy with new FW.

Yes there could be a problem calibrating, but calibrating Compass or IMU after updating Software/firmware is a complete waste of time and is more likely to lead to more problems than not.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 15:52
The new FW is excellent and a big improvement for this drone. And while some without any explanation decided to calibrate their IMU “against what their manual tells them” are now stuck not being able to complete calibration, but those who haven’t tried to calibrate are more than happy with new FW.

Yes there could be a problem calibrating, but calibrating Compass or IMU after updating Software/firmware is a complete waste of time and is more likely to lead to more problems than not.

Good for you
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

So Dji are asking me to send the drone in for repair . I don't think they are working on a fix anytime soon
2022-6-3
Use props
Tegels
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5889249 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I saw on a Facebook Users Group Mavic 3 that it is an issue with the DJI FLY app
2022-6-3
Use props
furetto1212virgilio.it
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144931 ft
Sweden

The same thing for me too !!
2022-6-5
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To all the pathetic fanbois out there, sometimes the IMU does need calibrating.  I have had IMU failovers in the past, and you definitely need to recalibrate after them. I've also had a few alerts from the app to calibrate the IMU, and it blocks take-off until you do.

Now whether or not you should recalibrate the IMU following a firmware update, that's an entirely separate discussion with probably no totally correct answer.  I know some of the open source flight controllers do recommend it, some don't.

What is clear is DJI have released a F/W that has clearly had insufficient testing, although its unclear how many have been able to recalibrate, and if we're only hearing about the failures.  Not allowing rollbacks on recent firmwares is a bit unacceptable given the state of many recent f/w and app updates.
2022-6-5
Use props
Charly72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9628960 ft
Italy

fansdc620e11 Posted at 6-1 10:47
My M3 is the same. Tried numerous times to calibrate the IMU, refreshed both firmware update, removed SD Card, cleared cache, calibrated Compass, Gimbal before IMU. Still a failure. This is only since the latest firmware update.

Hi ... have you tried to install a previous version of the DJIFLY and try the calibration?
2022-6-6
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 15:52

But the Fly App ask me to recalibrate the IMU and compass after I update this firmware and I travel from Hong Kong to UK 2 days ago. What should I do now?
2022-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-7 00:17
But the Fly App ask me to recalibrate the IMU and compass after I update this firmware and I travel from Hong Kong to UK 2 days ago. What should I do now?

Post a screenshot where it says calibrate compass and IMU .
2022-6-7
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309199 ft

Has anyone with the IMU calibration error tested the new function "Reset All Settings" in the About dialog? Even if the IMU settings are most probably not directly affected, this might change the behavior during calibration...
2022-6-7
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 6-7 01:10
Post a screenshot where it says calibrate compass and IMU .

2022-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Does that say calibrate Compass and IMU ?
2022-6-7
Use props
MKDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sent mine back to DJI for repairs as I also got RC Pro errors after update.
2022-6-7
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 6-7 06:20
Does that say calibrate Compass and IMU ?

It said "IMU calibration required"
2022-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-7 06:49
It said "IMU calibration required"

Ok so this came up straight after update ? You also said Compass calibration. If it were me and it won’t allow IMU calibration. Just refresh FW and see if it disappears , if you have dropped or crashed your drone then thats a separate matter.
2022-6-7
Use props
Barronas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6434426 ft
Slovakia

I Have same problem with IMU calibration on my Mavic 3.
2022-6-8
Use props
Charly72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9628960 ft
Italy

Barronas Posted at 6-8 01:56
I Have same problem with IMU calibration on my Mavic 3.

Hi ... have you tried to install a previous version of the DJIFLY and try the calibration?
2022-6-8
Use props
Barronas
lvl.4
Slovakia

Charly72 Posted at 6-8 07:20

No. Iam ios user. I have only one option. That is Fly App v1.6.4. All i tried are reinstal fly app, refresh firmware, reset aircraft to factory settings, restart my iphone 12pro max. The imu calibration still no works.
2022-6-8
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7182310 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have installed the previous version of the app on android and it gives the same error, it is a drone firmware problem.

As a curiosity, if you follow the photos shown by the drone app to calibrate the IMU, you are calibrating it twice on the same side.

I have also tried not to do it that way, but it gives the same error.
2022-6-8
Use props
fansc21125cf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455463 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 01:34
If the drone is flying properly, there is no problem.
It's unlikely that replacement will make any difference.
Unfortunately DJI's phone help people are useless and not to be relied on for accurate information.

Do you every fly your drones? Seems like you spend A LOT of time typing.
2022-6-9
Use props
Barronas
lvl.4
Slovakia

The app v 1.6.5 is out. I think we have to try.
2022-6-9
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Barronas Posted at 6-9 04:10
The app v 1.6.5 is out. I think we have to try.

Is it work in Fly app v1.6.5?
2022-6-9
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I don’t see the update on RC Pro
2022-6-9
Use props
Barronas
lvl.4
Slovakia

I haven't tried it yet.
55F3CA8C-2754-4EF2-8894-D729110F9022.png
2022-6-9
Use props
Barronas
lvl.4
Slovakia

Imu calibration still doesnt work with fly app 1.6.5.
2022-6-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules