Phantom 3 Standard Not Connecting to DJI GO
41667 49 2015-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
royhall1234
New

United Kingdom

i was using my 7inch samsung ipad to use my phantom3, had the dji pilot app then, wiped the ipad to clean memory reloaded ( now dji go ) and can no longer use it,, wont let me go into "can=mera view" any ideas ????
2015-8-25
Use props
royhall1234
New

United Kingdom

knarfboy Posted at 2015-8-13 06:30
Use Android App, new version v2.0.1

where do we get this new version v2.o.1 ???
2015-8-25
Use props
royhall1234
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paul Posted at 2015-8-13 14:00
Guys, an update to the DJI GO App is coming really soon. We're hoping today. It was submitted to App ...

why am i not seeing enter camera view ????
2015-8-25
Use props
royhall1234
New

United Kingdom

geoffreyhewat@m Posted at 2015-8-14 03:15
just got an android ! hope it works

NO    ANDROID WONT WORK EITHER !!!
2015-8-25
Use props
racquetballpimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130528 ft
  • >>>
United States

squidlyboy Posted at 2015-8-15 19:02
Ok... i'm able to at least get to the Camera View now  The new DJI Go app fixed the issue and i am ...

What simulator can be used for the P3 Advanced?
2016-1-22
Use props
mjames
lvl.1

United States

soerheim.emil Posted at 2015-8-13 03:27
You are supposed to use the USB cable between the controller and your mobile.

you are mistaken the STANDARD does not use the USB cable it uses WI FI only
2016-1-23
Use props
ro.othorick
New

United States

I had this same problem with my brand new P3S but with an Android device (Blackberry Priv). I found that the DJI Go app has an issue with the "broken WiFi rejection" feature in newer Android versions that prevents it from communicating with the drone if the phone has an active cell data connection. Since this is one of the first Google results for "phantom 3 standard won't connect to app" I thought I'd post my workaround here.

Before connecting to the drone's WiFi network, first put the phone in airplane mode. Then, enable WiFi manually (keeping airplane mode on -- this is important) and connect to the drone's network. NOW the app will find the drone and start the registration process. During registration, you'll get to a screen that says "No Wi-Fi Connection" at the bottom. Here you'll have to connect to a standard WiFi access point with Internet service -- cell data doesn't seem to cut it for some reason. It will successfully register the drone and you'll finally have the "Camera" button... which will seem to work, but not really.

Why? Well, on affected phones, when flying, you'll have to keep your phone in airplane mode the whole time, connected to only the drone and maybe some Bluetooth devices. This may cause problems with Follow Me mode since the phone won't have access to A-GPS in airplane mode -- haven't tried it yet.

To update the firmware, you have to do the same "airplane mode then WiFi on" dance, AFTER downloading the update, but BEFORE installing it.

A real fix needs to come from DJI themselves -- it's a bug in the app.
2016-12-25
Use props
peaking
lvl.3

Australia

ro.othorick Posted at 2016-12-26 13:23
I had this same problem with my brand new P3S but with an Android device (Blackberry Priv). I found that the DJI Go app has an issue with the "broken WiFi rejection" feature in newer Android versions that prevents it from communicating with the drone if the phone has an active cell data connection. Since this is one of the first Google results for "phantom 3 standard won't connect to app" I thought I'd post my workaround here.

Before connecting to the drone's WiFi network, first put the phone in airplane mode. Then, enable WiFi manually (keeping airplane mode on -- this is important) and connect to the drone's network. NOW the app will find the drone and start the registration process. During registration, you'll get to a screen that says "No Wi-Fi Connection" at the bottom. Here you'll have to connect to a standard WiFi access point with Internet service -- cell data doesn't seem to cut it for some reason. It will successfully register the drone and you'll finally have the "Camera" button... which will seem to work, but not really.

worked a treat thanks!!! here is a video i made crediting you:
2016-12-28
Use props
ty somkhan
New

Vietnam

USB Remote Controller Data cable for DJI
2018-2-21
Use props
fansc8b90e7d
New

I am not able to connect to my Phantom 3 standard after upgrading from Samsung S6 phone to a S9.  Get same error, only get the Learn how to Connect and not Camera View.  Downloaded and installed DJI Go app on my sons's iPhone 8 and everything worked great and I could fly my drone.  
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules