Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-1 02:12
Yeah, lots of finger pointing on that.  DJI says documents were filed and it is up to FAA to get them posted on their website.  FAA says they haven't received the documents required to be reviewed before listing on their website as compliant.  So who knows which is the culprit.

Something weird is going on there.    And some of the other non dji products popping up in the rid database are a bit weird.  
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-1 07:16
Yes, it's not exactly the latest model ever. But on the other hand, all of the greatest vintage cars that are in excellent condition have a lot of blood, sweat and tears put into them in the restoration. Takes a lot of time and effort to really make it shine.

I used to have a 1969 Spitfire,  took a lot of work keeping it nice.   

2023-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 04:33
Something weird is going on there.    And some of the other non dji products popping up in the rid database are a bit weird.

Would have been even worse if the government would have shutdown due to lack on passing appropriation bill.  
2023-10-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 04:59
I used to have a 1969 Spitfire,  took a lot of work keeping it nice.   

[view_image]

I can believe that. But she looks so gorgeous she deserved the care :-)
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 05:03
Would have been even worse if the government would have shutdown due to lack on passing appropriation bill.

Dont jest there is still time.  
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-2 08:04
I can believe that. But she looks so gorgeous she deserved the care :-)

Sadly when I sold it the person who bought her didnt look after the car at all and scrapped it a few years later,  so sad I wish Id kept it.  
2023-10-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 23:58
Sadly when I sold it the person who bought her didnt look after the car at all and scrapped it a few years later,  so sad I wish Id kept it.

That is sad indeed
2023-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 23:34
Dont jest there is still time.

There sure is.  No down it will be back down to the last minute once again.  Damn politicians.  
2023-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-3 12:23
That is sad indeed

It was,    Still regret selling it to this day.  
2023-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 12:39
There sure is.  No down it will be back down to the last minute once again.  Damn politicians.

I see they made news again last night.  
2023-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 00:58
I see they made news again last night.

Seems they stay in the news.  We have got to get some new ones elected.  Too many idiots and outliers in office now.
2023-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-4 03:39
Seems they stay in the news.  We have got to get some new ones elected.  Too many idiots and outliers in office now.

And so many are now fundraising off it.  
2023-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 23:37
And so many are now fundraising off it.

I've made some political contributions but only after a thorough check of the campaign, the individual and his/her proven track record.  Never have I ever donated to one Presidential candidate.  They have too many "skeletons" in their closets to get an of my money.  I want to be able to sleep at night knowing that my donation didn't help get another crooked politician elected.  I say "fire all of them" and lets start fresh but with a cap on campaign contributions.  
2023-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 03:05
I've made some political contributions but only after a thorough check of the campaign, the individual and his/her proven track record.  Never have I ever donated to one Presidential candidate.  They have too many "skeletons" in their closets to get an of my money.  I want to be able to sleep at night knowing that my donation didn't help get another crooked politician elected.  I say "fire all of them" and lets start fresh but with a cap on campaign contributions.

Seems the super pacs have a lot to answer for.  
2023-10-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-6 02:53
Seems the super pacs have a lot to answer for.

The most powerful PAC is the one that represents the insurance industry.  
2023-10-6
Use props
Cylou
lvl.4
France

Regarding all the leaks on that new P3, what is your feelings about the size of the new Pocket cam ? Larger than previous version ?
2023-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cylou Posted at 10-6 21:54
Regarding all the leaks on that new P3, what is your feelings about the size of the new Pocket cam ? Larger than previous version ?

It looked the same to me,     the screen appears to rotate out of the way when not in use.  
2023-10-6
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

1 inch sensor please!!!
2023-10-10
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Tide Posted at 10-10 01:50
1 inch sensor please!!!

1 inch brings only problems. Like focus issues because it has more depth of field. If focus is not correct then image is blurred. Another thing is it eats more battery and generates more heat. And it brings more easier Rolling Shutter problem..

I prefer 12 mpx with huge pixel size to gain more light. It is pixel size that gains light not sensor size. Maybe same like OA4 has but it would be a lot better because of the 1.8 aperture and full sensor reading lenght without crop and upscale like OA4 is doing.

This is the reason why Pocket 2 image is better than OA4.
2023-10-10
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Aavalaakso Posted at 10-10 02:09
1 inch brings only problems. Like focus issues because it has more depth of field. If focus is not correct then image is blurred. Another thing is it eats more battery and generates more heat. And it brings more easier Rolling Shutter problem..

I prefer 12 mpx with huge pixel size to gain more light. It is pixel size that gains light not sensor size. Maybe same like OA4 has but it would be a lot better because of the 1.8 aperture and full sensor reading lenght without crop and upscale like OA4 is doing.

All valid points and possible limits.
What I practically like to see is extending the low light capability about + 1 stop better then OP2.

But more than practicality, I am longing for a surprise from DJI. A good surprise.
2023-10-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

1-inch sensor is used 10-bit D-Log color mode . Osmo Pocket 3 has a rotating touch screen that allows you to start shooting by rotating the screen. 3 microphones for sound recording
new.jpg
F8DkXg4W8AA9TTD.jpg
2023-10-10
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

johansenfoto Posted at 10-10 04:26
1-inch sensor is used 10-bit D-Log color mode . Osmo Pocket 3 has a rotating touch screen that allows you to start shooting by rotating the screen. 3 microphones for sound recording

Now that is a good surprise.
1 inch sensor with 10bit D-log... wow.

1/4" mount, battery grip and extension handle all sounds good.
2023-10-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

1 inch sensor would be great, can just imagine how good cinematic videos can be made with even more blur background.
2023-10-10
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Tide Posted at 10-10 04:58
Now that is a good surprise.
1 inch sensor with 10bit D-log... wow.

I hope its low mpx not Hi mpx.
2023-10-10
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

johansenfoto Posted at 9-27 00:54
It have been some leaks about it last weeks. So I guess it will come in November.

a few days ago I was watching a youtube video about a sony camera (maybe a6700 or more recent A7CII) and as the video was showing a Sony event I saw the guy holding the Pocket cam shown in the picture in your post. It was exactly that scene. The guy holding it was not hidden. At the time, I did not try to save the info so now I have no way to find that video again...
2023-10-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-11 04:39
a few days ago I was watching a youtube video about a sony camera (maybe a6700 or more recent A7CII) and as the video was showing a Sony event I saw the guy holding the Pocket cam shown in the picture in your post. It was exactly that scene. The guy holding it was not hidden. At the time, I did not try to save the info so now I have no way to find that video again...

You can check your youtube logs
2023-10-11
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I hope the Pocket 3 features a control wheel and not that clicky joystick.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_4llwWA8EDkKp
New

Czechia

PG73 Posted at 10-11 07:12
I hope the Pocket 3 features a control wheel and not that clicky joystick.

2023-10-11
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the photo, it looks good! Well hopefully the joystick moves more smoothly like those on gimbals and not how clicky that previous one was.
2023-10-11
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

johansenfoto Posted at 10-11 05:52
You can check your youtube logs

Thanks. I did not know about that.
I did not want to spend time looking for it but surprisingly I found it quickly.
Look from 2:48
2023-10-11
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-11 16:22
I did not want to spend time looking for it but surprisingly I found it quickly.

Thanks for the link.
It looks the size is about the same as before.
2023-10-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-11 16:22

Great you found the video again, and great spotted in the video
I see he have a filter on it, wonder what kind of filter it could be? My first thought was anamorphic filter.

2023-10-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice,  where did you find that?
2023-10-11
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

johansenfoto Posted at 10-11 22:28
Great you found the video again, and great spotted in the video
I see he have a filter on it, wonder what kind of filter it could be? My first thought was anamorphic filter.

You see a filter? You have good young eyes!
I would rather think that the lens is a bit far from the bottom of the head in  order to accommodate a larger sensor than Pocket2. I would bet the same sensor as OA4 actually. We should know quite soon~
2023-10-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-12 04:40
You see a filter? You have good young eyes!
I would rather think that the lens is a bit far from the bottom of the head in  order to accommodate a larger sensor than Pocket2. I would bet the same sensor as OA4 actually. We should know quite soon~

In some images I have seen it looks like they have a filter on it. But it is probably just the angle we see it from.
If you check further up where I posted some leaks, it will have 1 inch sensor so bigger than OA4
2023-10-12
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

johansenfoto Posted at 10-12 04:49
In some images I have seen it looks like they have a filter on it. But it is probably just the angle we see it from.
If you check further up where I posted some leaks, it will have 1 inch sensor so bigger than OA4

Wow indeed if it is a 1-inch sensor. I am now worried about the price then. All 1-inch cameras are quite expensive... DJI will probably see it not as a replacement of Pocket2 but as a more capable and more expensive alternative... Still hoping it will be affordable though.
2023-10-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-12 05:21
Wow indeed if it is a 1-inch sensor. I am now worried about the price then. All 1-inch cameras are quite expensive... DJI will probably see it not as a replacement of Pocket2 but as a more capable and more expensive alternative... Still hoping it will be affordable though.

I will think price will be just above OA4 price.
Not sure if I will buy Pocket 3, I have sold my Pocket 2 since I never used it enough.
2023-10-12
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

johansenfoto Posted at 10-12 05:23
I will think price will be just above OA4 price.
Not sure if I will buy Pocket 3, I have sold my Pocket 2 since I never used it enough.

I am also not super motivated to buy a pocket3. OA4 is great enough for me. Not using much any more Pocket 2 for various reasons (mostly not very convenient for quickly take out, point and shoot in the field), plus I have used it so much that the record button is gone, left is the metal button underneath the rubber. But it still works. But I cannot sell it in such poor condition...
2023-10-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-12 05:40
I am also not super motivated to buy a pocket3. OA4 is great enough for me. Not using much any more Pocket 2 for various reasons (mostly not very convenient for quickly take out, point and shoot in the field), plus I have used it so much that the record button is gone, left is the metal button underneath the rubber. But it still works. But I cannot sell it in such poor condition...

Pocket 2 is and have always been great. Ah yeah that is sad, but you still can use it for more years to come.
2023-10-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-12 05:40

totally different application. no amount of electro/optical stabilization can gives you the smooth pan that you get from a gimbal.
2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules