Attention DJI! Remote Battery Question
11655 45 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

if your that worried get a battery bank and charge it. I wonder if the remote will be powered from a bank over USB? I use the Titan Jackery 20AH and it works my A7R2, Charges phones and batteries. highly recommended.
2016-11-4
Use props
Ozmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423061 ft
Ireland

Hi - anyone have any answer to this?  I measured the current - using a usb cable that displays voltage and current  - with the Android connected to the bottom port...

On my Galaxy Note 3 & 4 - the Android phones are drawing 0.47 Amps of power from the controller - this is a lot! About half what you would get from a wall adapter - and drains my Remote quite fast.

Phone and remote are fully charged.
For reference the dji power brick charges the phone at about 1Amp

Android charging at half an Amp from Mavic Pro remote

Android charging at half an Amp from Mavic Pro remote

Any suggestions - Thanks.
2017-1-31
Use props
Ozmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423061 ft
Ireland

Ozmo Posted at 2017-1-31 17:13
Hi - anyone have any answer to this?  I measured the current - using a usb cable that displays voltage and current  - with the Android connected to the bottom port...

On my Galaxy Note 3 & 4 - the Android phones are drawing 0.47 Amps of power from the controller - this is a lot! About half what you would get from a wall adapter - and drains my Remote quite fast.

Some more info just measured the top port and its drawing about 0.45Amps from the top port.

Test Setup - Mavic pro controller On but idle (connecting) & no mavic connected - Android & Remote fully charged

With no Android connected - I loose 1% every  143 seconds

With IPhone 6S connected - I loose 1% every 137 Seconds (so not charging)

With Android connected - I loose 1% every 70 seconds
This is in idle - In actual use the drain is much more noticable.

IMG_9789b.JPG

Any help apreciated - Id really like use my Android phone as its a larger screen. Thanks.
2017-1-31
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I can fly roughly 6 to 8 batteries (I never fly below 30% normally on the Mavic battery.)The difference is I have an IOS phone. I ran a test with my wife's Android phone and the RC does indeed charge the phone and I noticed the % charge going down more rapidly on the RC while the phone had a higher charge than before the flight. I actually wish the RC would charge my iPhone 6 since it is now the limiting factor when I fly out in the field. I get about two flights when it is below freezing outside unless I put a heating pad on the phone.
2017-1-31
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Ozmo Posted at 2017-1-31 17:13

I'm surprised to see your devices drawing the same large current from the bottom port. I use my Galaxy S7, and when I connect it to the bottom port I seem to get the much lower charge current that sounds more normal. When I first started and was using the side port, I didn't even get through two flight batteries before I got the low batt warning on my RC.
2017-1-31
Use props
XxGREEKxX
New
United States

Hello Everyone,

I have noticed that my remote battery for my MAVIC PRO drains even when not in use. I would charge it to 100% and even after 7 days I go to fly and turn the remote on and notice that the battery life on the remote drained down to the high 80% range ... It was completely off the entire time and not connected to a device. I have an e-mail into DJI about this but has anytone else had this issue?
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules