1234Next >
40509 125 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135689 ft
Germany

Today i received the message that my Mavic has been replaced by warranty.
Thank you DJI !
2018-6-20
Use props
bodeerock
New
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

Just wanted to jump in on this thread and mention I got the same problem a couple days ago. I turn it on and don't hear the fan spinning at all. Within seconds, I get the processor overheating error. I've had this thing for less than a month and have only flown it a total of 5 times for very short intervals. I'm extremely disappointed as this happened while on vacation. Luckily, I got most of the footage I wanted before it actually decided to crap out on me so I can be a little patient about it. We'll see how service treats me.
2018-7-2
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102638 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI replaced my defective Mavic Air (Fan problem) so now I can fly again without CPU Overheating. I hope this lasts now.
2018-7-5
Use props
Deanest
lvl.1

Add me to the list of CPU overheat victims. Same story, I'm on a trip to Hawaii, it's an early production pre-ordered, low-hours (maybe 2 hours total, I haven't checked) Mavic Air that started getting overheat/no fan symptoms out of the blue. It travelled in the DJI fly more semi-hard case, no drops, bumps, bangs, etc. Flew great the previous day, no fan/processor critical overheat etc. the next.

It'll go back to DJI when I get back, and I'm sure they'll swap it under warranty, but it's a frustrating loss of an expensive item to what seems like a really minor issue during the trip that it was bought for. Very frustrating.
2018-7-10
Use props
MozzyP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193537 ft
United Kingdom

Jumping here too to state i have experienced the same issue.  Started the return process and judging by the positive outcomes on this thread, it will be happily resolved.

Have to admit i'm very disappointed in a product that cost as much as this to have this kind of technical issue.  Even worse it happened on a trip of a lifetime abroad and i will never be able to get the shots or videos i initially bought the device for.

Also want to express that i was very unimpressed with the broken English/poor grammar from the email technical support team.  I felt like i was communicating with a malfunctioning robot that was unable to string together sentences that could be understood without some form of interpreting their intention.  It was also quite clear my replies were not being understood or even acknowledged.  Felt very similar to someone pressing the 'insert generic greeting message' button then using google translate to write a few questions then pressing the 'insert generic farewell message' button to sign off.
Did anyone else experience this?
2018-7-11
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Kacers Posted at 2018-2-16 11:23
Interesting - I also took my mavic on holiday and since that it stopped working.. maybe do not like flying in different locations )
3 same problems and all of us took the mavic to the holiday.. hope, that you enjoyed holiday more than me - I had to thinking about this issue all the time)

Hi how did your case ended up? Mine too failed on holiday last month.
2018-7-12
Use props
djiuser_1vw0Ge5jzZWt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 574019 ft
Turkey

Hello, I saw this GPS module which my friend opened his mavic air due to fan check. I said this GPS module color and scratches are not normal. Do you agree with me ?
111111111Adsız.jpg

2018-7-18
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Looks like it got really hot. Started out white:

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/d ... ardown-whats-inside
2018-7-18
Use props
fans4d2ef7d0
New
Canada

after about a grand total of 30 minutes flying time, my MA is doing the same thing
2018-7-26
Use props
fans4d2ef7d0
New
Canada

after about a grand total of 30 minutes flying time, my MA is doing the same thing
2018-7-26
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
United States

Wow, yet more of these reports mention going on holiday/vacation. Really does seem like something about travelling messes with the drone. Maybe added vibration on the journey loosens something? Or it is because people like to holiday in sunny places
2018-7-27
Use props
Dap353
lvl.1

Same issue for me. Took my Mavic Air to Rhodes, used it while there (took off from dusty  car park but on a towel) and when I got back to U.K. the first time I used it got the processor overheating problem. Bit embarrassing as I had a load of friends over to show them how brilliant it is! Emailed DJI. I’m travelling again in two weeks, really hope I can get it fixed.
2018-8-11
Use props
Dap353
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update: DJI responded next day (a Sunday) both by Email and Twitter. UPS postage certificate arrived today and it’s on its way to Holland. Good service so far
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dap353 Posted at 2018-8-13 13:23
Update: DJI responded next day (a Sunday) both by Email and Twitter. UPS postage certificate arrived today and it’s on its way to Holland. Good service so far

Hi, Glad to know that you were able to reach out our team. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-14
Use props
Dap353
lvl.1

Update 2. Had an email saying they need to replace the core board which should be £197 but completing for free. Impressive service. Should receive it back mid week next week ready for my climb of scafell the week after. Thanks guys. Bought a landing pad in case it had anything to do with sand etc.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dap353 Posted at 2018-8-17 12:28
Update 2. Had an email saying they need to replace the core board which should be £197 but completing for free. Impressive service. Should receive it back mid week next week ready for my climb of scafell the week after. Thanks guys. Bought a landing pad in case it had anything to do with sand etc.

Hi, thanks for the updates and it seems everything went well. Please do the pre-flight checklist if you're about to fly your aircraft and hopefully, you can get your drone as soon as possible. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-17
Use props
hichamhajji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1089 ft
Morocco

I had the exact same issue. I checked people’s answers to your post and followed the instructions : I opened the top, cleaned the fan and it was working the same as before.
2018-8-18
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
United States

Wow, DJI has a sense of humor

2018-8-18
Use props
civilizedsavage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34285 ft
Spain

THIS IS BS!!! SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. ACTUALLY, I'VE HAD ISSUES WITH MINE SINCE THE FIRST TAKE OFF AND THOUGHT IT WAS JUST NEEDING TO ADJUST. FIRST WAS THE WEAK GPS. THEN IT NEEDED TO UPDATE IT"S FIRMWARE EVERY TIME I TURNED IT ON. NEXT IT WAS DETECTING EXTRA WEIGHT.  I ACTUALLY THOUGHT TAKING IT TO SPAIN MIGHT HELP OUT THE GPS SITUATION. MY  THIRD DAY IN TENERIFE I GET IT OUT AND THE RC WON'T CONNECT; NO PROBLEM, I'LL JUST CONNECT WITH MY TABLET. FLEW IT A FEW TIMES AND THEN I TURN IT ON TODAY ONLY TO SEE THE CHIP OVERHEATING ERROR MESSAGE. ALL OF US ARE GOING ON VACATION OR TRAVELLING FOR WORK WITH OUR MA'S AND OUR EQUIPMENT WON'T WORK AND YOU THINK A SIMPLE REPLACEMENT WILL COVER OUR LOSSES?!?! NO!!!!  UNACCEPTABLE!!!! THIS NEEDS TO BE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!! OR REPLACE EVERY SINGLE MAVIC AIR AND ALSO SEND A REIMBURSEMENT CHECK FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THAT YOUR COMPANY HAS CAUSED ALL OF US. REPLY IF YOU AGREE.  
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_PbAIoeluOmUu
New
Flight distance : 9731 ft
United States

I've had a grand total of 46 minutes of flight time, though the flight record was never recorded for one of my flights (DJI customer service says that should NEVER happen, but it did) and I am having this same issue.
I have had 8 flights and NOTHING but trouble with DJI customer service.  This morning this same issue began for me when I started it up to make sure that all the software was up to date.  The stupid thing is that they will probably try to make me pay for the repair.  Shouldn't warranty cover this after only 46 minutes of use???
2018-9-3
Use props
KJack
lvl.2
Canada

Kacers Posted at 2018-2-7 04:08
Yes, I am going to return it - I have already done it - now it is on the way to the DJI service center in Netherland.

I just wanted to ask, If I am alone, or not  Because I have had my Mavic Air in the air only for 3 times without problem, the 4th flight this error occured. From unboxing till this error has passed 26 hours

Same here. I feel exactly the same way. This thing is junk. Nothing but problems. DO NOT BUY!
2018-9-24
Use props
Quetzalcoatl
lvl.1

Yep. Me too. But my MA had problems from the start. Has anyone else had weak GPS signals or problems connecting with the controller? I bought this for my father back in june. he was too intimidated of it  and wanted me to learn hot to use it and then teach him. he still hasnt had a chance to fly it yet because he was just diagnosed with lung cancer a couple weeks ago and he hasnt had any energy to play with it.  he let me borrow it to take to Spain and the Canary Islands and the MA became worse. at first it was fine for like the first few flights and then i got the dreaded error message that everyone on here has been complaining about. it seems like theres a problem with the firmware because it constantly wants to update itself. when i finally get it to take off it seems like the battery drains fast and the GPS is very weak which doesnt let me get very far and i can't take photos either.  then theres the not connecting to controller thing going on. and now the main processor chip is overheating because of the fan I think. I see at least one person has all the tools he needs to take it apart and clean it and then it works fine. if that's the case then why are some of you in the thread saying that DJI has agreed to honor the warranty and sending you a replacement. is it a dirty fan or firmware or both? I hope DJI can help me get my father's MA to work again or just replace it or something.  =/ this makes me very sad and discouraged. we were both very excited about the MA and now after reading these comments i'm afraid i've wasted my money on a gift for my dying father that he will never get to use and enjoy.
2018-9-27
Use props
cyrenosa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Philippines

I have same problem too in my Mavic Air.

Here’s the screenshot.
2018-9-28
Use props
webdowell
lvl.1

Hi,

I join the club with this issue.

Turned on the Mavic Air to start a flight and got the error about not being able to take off/overheating etc.  Thanks to this forum ive contacted DJI and hopeing my RMA request will soon be underway. very annoying though. My drone is only a few months old and very little used.
2018-10-17
Use props
ismailg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49849 ft
Kuwait

seems like it is common problem i just got mine  mavic air :/
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_vTnR6uhdjZOi
New
Flight distance : 22454 ft
Philippines

Hi folks!

I just want to share my previous experience pertaining to the said error.

I encountered the 'The ''Processor chip critically overheated..." error TWICE.

1st: NORMAL turning ON of aircraft & controller only after I got home from the day I bought my MA last September 2018 here in the Philippines.
Solution: Reboot the aircraft.

2nd: When I applied the 'Inconsistent Firmware Update' prompt.
2.1) After applying the firmware, I got notified w/ 'Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will turn off in 30 seconds'

- The aircraft's top portion (near the GPS & vent) was really too hot after the upgrade process was successfully applied.
So I immediately removed the battery just right after the aircraft automatically Shutdown itself.

- I wasn't able to power cycle/ reboot the controller after the upgrade as process didn't prompt/ require me UNLIKE the usual.

I wasn't able to check if the fan is running in a low/ high RPM during those times.

Good thing that my dealer & DJI are very responsive and gave me the following procedure which so far seemed solved the issue:
1) Performed 'Restore Factory Defaults' via DJI Assistant 2 app.
2) Performed firmware 'Refresh' (01.00.0400).
3) Calibrate IMU and Compass.

Now, I'm on 01.00.0500 firmware, so far I haven't encountered the issue yet as so far the fan is running in low RPM upon boot-up and high RPM when in flight.

Thanks!
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_6YTnnifhEt6C
New

Spain

Hi

I have absolutely the same problem.

And DJi is don't react anything. This is a very bad situation. I have on vacation and have 0 videos from my tripe AND 0 MEMORIES.
Only some PIC on my smartphone.

I think ALL users and future customers need to understand this problem and how we can solve it.
2018-11-16
Use props
fans6d2d3734
New
Belgium

Same problem here.
I did fly my MA in Bali several times, never had any issues. I came back to Belgium and tried it and guess what: 'processor overheated' error. It also fails the calibration (too much magnetic interference).
2018-11-18
Use props
fans3625f466
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8730 ft
New Zealand

I had my Mavic Air for 18 days, flew it 5 times and on the 6th (preparing for a 100th Birthday celebration shoot) the thing overheated. I used a mat to land it on the beach and some sand swept up and apparently blocked the fan, however it had flown after that and been fine. Now I have a bill to pay to get it fixed , a really unhappy droner here and lost sales as I was about to upgrade to a Pro2
2018-11-19
Use props
Diogy
New

Singapore

Joining the club of frustrated customer
2018-12-8
Use props
Diogy
New

Singapore

djiuser_vTnR6uhdjZOi Posted at 10-17 05:44
Hi folks!

I just want to share my previous experience pertaining to the said error.

Can teach us how to use DJI Assistant 2?
2018-12-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 7-18 07:26
Looks like it got really hot. Started out white:

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/dji-mavic-air-teardown-whats-inside

interesting.. mine wasn't white, but yea that looks like it was getting hot from the color shifting and the starches are worrying.
2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_HO2sA989HUFo
New

United States

i have the same problem i just got mine yesterday and it wont leave the ground. best to replace it i think
2018-12-17
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

My Mavic Air comes up with Main Controller Failure and it it very hot to touch
2018-12-20
Use props
Aero Recon Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Hi guys, I think I should share my experience with this issue since I was able to get it resolved without sending the unit back to DJI. (APPLYING THE FOLLOWING FIX WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY) The over heating issue is most likely caused by a dirt/sand particle being lodged into the mavic ventilation system. (More of a design flaw than a system malfunction) The over heat occurs because something very tiny has found its way into the drone and caused the fan to not spin, thus, if you can remove the impostor then you will have your unit running again.
TOOLS NEEDED. Screw driver, Guitar Pick and Blow dryer with cool setting /Vacuum Cleaner with Hose
TO FIX: You need a screw driver. Turn your drone upside down and focus on the camera. To the left and right of the camera you will find 2 screws covered by rubber. Remove them (voids your warranty). Now all you need to do is pry/remove the top covering of the mavic air, a guitar pick will help you do this easily. Now that the top of the mavic is exposed and you can see the fan. Use your finger to spin the fan, if it spins freely then the following steps will not help you. If it feels stuck then proceed. All you need is a blow dryer (which I used on COOL SETTING) or a vacuum cleaner. Place the nose of the dryer/vacuum directly of the fan and blow/suck for appx. 5 mins. Use your finger to spin the fan, it should spin freely. If its still stuck blow/suck till you get the needed result. You may power on the system with the cover off to test if its working. Hope this helps someone. Good luck all.
2018-12-22
Use props
dm sartori
lvl.1

United States

Aero Recon Productions Posted at 12-22 06:10
Hi guys, I think I should share my experience with this issue since I was able to get it resolved without sending the unit back to DJI. (APPLYING THE FOLLOWING FIX WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY) The over heating issue is most likely caused by a dirt/sand particle being lodged into the mavic ventilation system. (More of a design flaw than a system malfunction) The over heat occurs because something very tiny has found its way into the drone and caused the fan to not spin, thus, if you can remove the impostor then you will have your unit running again.
TOOLS NEEDED. Screw driver, Guitar Pick and Blow dryer with cool setting /Vacuum Cleaner with Hose
TO FIX: You need a screw driver. Turn your drone upside down and focus on the camera. To the left and right of the camera you will find 2 screws covered by rubber. Remove them (voids your warranty). Now all you need to do is pry/remove the top covering of the mavic air, a guitar pick will help you do this easily. Now that the top of the mavic is exposed and you can see the fan. Use your finger to spin the fan, if it spins freely then the following steps will not help you. If it feels stuck then proceed. All you need is a blow dryer (which I used on COOL SETTING) or a vacuum cleaner. Place the nose of the dryer/vacuum directly of the fan and blow/suck for appx. 5 mins. Use your finger to spin the fan, it should spin freely. If its still stuck blow/suck till you get the needed result. You may power on the system with the cover off to test if its working. Hope this helps someone. Good luck all.

Yes but...... If the "fix" fails for some people then they can't return it under warranty.  Personally, I'm still on the "no buy" fence because of the issues I see.
2018-12-22
Use props
Aero Recon Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

dm sartori Posted at 2018-12-22 07:24
Yes but...... If the "fix" fails for some people then they can't return it under warranty.  Personally, I'm still on the "no buy" fence because of the issues I see.
I understand your position. My solution is mainly for people who can not afford to send their unit in to DJI (which is what i recommend) or people in a country where sending the drone back isnt an option.
Personnaly i think DJI makes wonderful products and provide trumendous after service support, especially when u compare them to other brands. NO COMPETITION. An important thing to understand with these drones is that theres no drone that does it all. Each has its strengths and weaknesses whether by functionality or design. For example, you shouldnt fly a mavic pro (or most drones in fact) low to the ground at a sandy area or u risk debris getting into the ventillation system or motors which is bound to cause issues sooner or later. Multiple drones with different functionalities is the way to go. Anyways i hope this helps. Happy flying yall.
2019-1-10
Use props
Nooob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2489885 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Guys

Fixed my Overheating Issue, Voids Warrantee but too expensive to send it back..
Excuse the quality was an afterthought to film it.

2019-1-17
Use props
Seco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44885 ft

United States

Hi Kacers, I'm new to the forum and the Mavic Air. I purchased the MA shortly after Christmas and while initially setting up the unit (before ever flying) I received an alert of "critical over heating" as well.  I checked and the fan was not working and the rear top of the body was hot to the touch. I returned the MA and received a new one just the other day. I have not had an issue with the replacement. From what I understand, this is not common but has happened. Just a faulty fan/unit. If you can you should try to return it for replacement.
2019-1-18
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

I just had my first "Processor chip critically overheated." error and I'm hoping it was just a glitch. I think I could hear the fan running, both in the low and high speeds?

Anyway, just jumping in here because I wanted to follow this thread. I bought my MA last February, so I'm technically out of warranty, but if this is a common issue...who knows?

What I'd like to see in future models is the ability to remove the top cover easily without voiding the warranty. OR, there should be some sort of air intake/outtake filter you can clean/replace.

Me, personally, I'd just like to see an easy way to clean the craft's air-cooling system as that's a regular maintenance thing.

The pilot who wrote about landing on a special pad on the beach and having a piece of sand pull into the air intake and clog the fan...that should be a super easy user-serviceable fix. Right now, it's not.
2019-4-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules