13590 112 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrightIdea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310397 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes. EXACTLY the same problem I am having.
What's weird is that I don't see the colour cast in the Preview app on the Mac, or in Luminar 4 app.
It's just on Adobe products (Lightroom & Photoshop - basically Adobe Camera Raw).
I wonder if Preview and Luminar are just using an imbedded JPEG to display the DNG image or something like that???
Anyway, glad that I'm not the only one!
Thank you.
2020-11-29
Use props
Lizzie C
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GoAround Posted at 11-12 13:33
To answer questions above and provide further thoughts:

1) It does not happen with single/AEB dng files, only pano dng files

Hi,

I'm having an issue where my mini 2 is stitching the photos together in the app for any panos, however when viewing the images on the laptop via the memory card there is no dng file, only the separate images are visible.
Is this something I need to set up separately as I can't see anything about it in the camera settings?

Thanks
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_5o4QZOQ37Hez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127451 ft
Poland

Does anyone have information or any predictions when DJI will release a firmware update that will fix this problem with RAW images in panoramas?
2020-12-4
Use props
GoAround
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99649 ft
United Kingdom

No, I have no idea. However, as they have confirmed to many people, including me, that it will be fixed, that's good enough for me. There is a workaround whilst waiting (manually yaw drone and, if necessary, pitch camera to take the individual images). It's obviously less ideal as it takes more than 3 times as long and is subject to user error (leaving a bit out). In the UK, it's winter so I am not that bothered about going out so can easily afford my patience, lol.
2020-12-7
Use props
djiuser_uDOkA3I5OgIv
lvl.1
Czechia

Here is how I process the corrupted photos:

1) import DNGs to darktable (free open source software)
2) export as 16bit TIFFs
3) import TIFFs to Lightroom or Photoshop
2020-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5o4QZOQ37Hez Posted at 12-4 05:27
Does anyone have information or any predictions when DJI will release a firmware update that will fix this problem with RAW images in panoramas?

Since DJI just released a firmware update this morning and it did not address this issue I'm willing to bet it will not get fixed before Jan/Feb 2021.  Since it is not a "safety of flight issue" it appears DJI has not made it a priority.  Just my opinion.
2020-12-16
Use props
djiuser_5djI4PMinhrg
lvl.1

Italy

Found this issue just this morning. Very frustrating
2020-12-19
Use props
Pixexid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15489 ft
United States

well... sold my drone, i have bought only because raw and 360 pano.
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I installed the latest firmware update,.while it fixed the stability issue and fail to launch issue some have (not me), it did not address the DNG pano issue for color. They do know about it and DJI announced that they are going to fix it. I think this is low hanging fruit compared to the stability issue so I can see why they are taking their time. Patience,.,,,,
2020-12-19
Use props
Qbishon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127451 ft
Poland

The fact that the new firmware didn't fix the RAW's problem is outrageous in my opinion. What makes it different from MM1 for me are mainly RAWs in 360 panoramas, and in this situation I have MM1 but paid for M2. However, I didn't want to buy MM1 so it's like I threw my money away. I guess I will try to return the drone and the cash back.
2020-12-21
Use props
BrightIdea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310397 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am really annoyed that the latest firmware did NOT fix this issue.
Very poor customer service...
2020-12-22
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

I have my photos set for jpg an RAW which is what I get.
When I shoot a pano, I only get jpeg files.  Is there a special setting or am I not looking in the correct place?
2020-12-22
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-22 19:45
When I shoot a pano, I only get jpeg files.  Is there a special setting or am I not looking in the correct place?

yes, settings are mode dependant. once in pano mode open camera settings and set the jpg+raw.
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_rEtE0nwj8dqz
New

Australia

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-22 19:45
When I shoot a pano, I only get jpeg files.  Is there a special setting or am I not looking in the correct place?

When shooting in both JPEG and RAW, the mini 2 takes a DNG, then a JPG, then a DNG then a JPG etc etc.

I keep deleting my JPG's and forgetting about this colouring issue, so my pano's are terrible.....note to self...DON'T DELETE JPG's immediately!!
2020-12-25
Use props
thbode32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20994 ft
Germany

Four different colour boxes horizontally in wideangle.
2020-12-26
Use props
thbode32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20994 ft
Germany

thbode32 Posted at 12-26 06:53
Four different colour boxes horizontally in wideangle.[view_image]

single dng, from the folder for wideangle
2020-12-26
Use props
kirick
lvl.2

Portugal

"Welcome to the club, buddy". I have same problem with DNG files from PANORAMA folder in  Camera Raw 10.5. The top left quarter of the frame looks good, the other 3/4 are rubbish with bluish colour.
One more problem - in metadata of build-in 360 pano there is no information about panorama and Google Photos do not recognise it as 360, it is showing just rectangular picture. I can not share with using only android phone.
Quite annoying bugs. I hope such simple mistakes will be fixed in the new firmware.
2020-12-26
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

alexprj Posted at 11-18 08:55
Good afternoon, i`m very interested in Mavic mini 2, but notice that have some problems regarding sphere mode(360 panorama). But first, anyone can say what is the automatic spherical 360 photo resolution? Saw in other forum is 4mb, can someone confirm?
And with original 26 photos in JPG (2000 x 1500), stitching with a program, how much will be the final resolution?
I`m asking this because if the stitched image as more than 32mp is just fine by me for now, i will buy as it is and wait for DJI release a firmware update for the DNG issues in a near future.

Here is a 360 degree using the jpegs https://panosbgb.club/BooneVillage1/BooneVillage1.html

360 x 124 degrees.  final image is:
2020-12-26
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

The problem is in combination with Adobe products. For those who urgently want to have a solution, .... PTGui stitching software. They aren't cheap, but they don't produce the problem.

The picture is made with DNG's from the MM2, stitched in PTGui with output to a photoshop PSD file and further edited in PS.

2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_pHSJOYNZeNTy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180971 ft
Croatia

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/20201228/DJI_Mini_2_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

What’s New?
•Added zoom to photo mode.•Added 48/50/60fps shooting frame rate for 2.7K video.•Optimized Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity, providing a faster and more stable connection.•Increased flight stability in some scenarios. •Fixed issue: abnormal color appeared in panoramic DNG photos.•Fixed rare issue: abnormal texture appeared in the upper left corner in 4K videos.
2020-12-28
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The new firmware fixes it, it also fixes the artifact in the upper left corner when recording 4K and adds 2.5K/60FPS mode.
2020-12-28
Use props
kirick
lvl.2

Portugal

With the new firmware, there are no more problems with DNG Panorama files in Camera Raw. Problem with artifact in top  left corner in 4k video also gone. Well done.
2020-12-28
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

kirick Posted at 12-28 11:08
With the new firmware, there are no more problems with DNG Panorama files in Camera Raw. Problem with artifact in top  left corner in 4k video also gone. Well done.

Since update my panorama files are unusable, both sets of side images in the 9 frame set are tilted so much that cannot be stitched!         no colour band so they fixed that!
2020-12-31
Use props
Pixexid
lvl.2
United States

goldenorfephoto Posted at 12-31 04:57
Since update my panorama files are unusable, both sets of side images in the 9 frame set are tilted so much that cannot be stitched!         no colour band so they fixed that!

Bought a new drone today, waiting for the wheater be nice.
2020-12-31
Use props
Pixexid
lvl.2
United States

Thanks to all the users who made this topic relevant.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_L9ao0mTJ16E5
New
Hong Kong

Lizzie C Posted at 2020-11-30 07:20
Hi,

I'm having an issue where my mini 2 is stitching the photos together in the app for any panos, however when viewing the images on the laptop via the memory card there is no dng file, only the separate images are visible.

Hi there, this issue was addressed as fixed on the first page by the user GoAround.
2021-1-29
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 2020-11-12 05:44
Are you running Auto mode or manual, I would suggest going into manual mode to lock the aperture.

I think you mean exposure as aperture fixed .
2021-1-31
Use props
Radim108
New

Czechia

Hi, I have a noob question ... I'm flying with the Mini 2 for few weeks and I couldn't find a way to get panoramas shot in DNG's ... how did You achieve that? I can shoot sigle shot pictures in DNG but I get the panoramas always in JPG only. Your post indicates it must be possible, but how? I haven't found any extra setting for panoramas format.

I have used Mavic and Mavic Air and there it worked fine.

Thank You very much!
EDIT: I found another post elsewhere that there are separate settings for the camera in PANO mode, which can be reached only when the drone is flying, which is a bit awkward ...
2021-2-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Radim108 Posted at 2-24 12:48
Hi, I have a noob question ... I'm flying with the Mini 2 for few weeks and I couldn't find a way to get panoramas shot in DNG's ... how did You achieve that? I can shoot sigle shot pictures in DNG but I get the panoramas always in JPG only. Your post indicates it must be possible, but how? I haven't found any extra setting for panoramas format.

I have used Mavic and Mavic Air and there it worked fine.

Just start up your drone. No need to take off. Put the camera in pano mode and select jpg+raw.

I would think if you want raw, you want it on all settings, single or pano. But no, there are two places where you need to chanhe it.
2021-2-24
Use props
xFireSoul
New

United Kingdom

Hey guys, I feel dumb but am I the only one with issues when shooting raw portait mode? When I open the photo on my mac/iphone it zooms out like a wide angle compared to the normal jpg photo which stays static-as-shot? Of course I can zoom in and  crop it, but that's not the point. Is this a setting I've turned on by mistake?
PS: I was supposed to post it in other group, not here but oh well... Maybe somebody knows?
2022-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

xFireSoul Posted at 5-24 01:03
Hey guys, I feel dumb but am I the only one with issues when shooting raw portait mode? When I open the photo on my mac/iphone it zooms out like a wide angle compared to the normal jpg photo which stays static-as-shot? Of course I can zoom in and  crop it, but that's not the point. Is this a setting I've turned on by mistake? [view_image][view_image]
PS: I was supposed to post it in other group, not here but oh well... Maybe somebody knows?

When I open the photo on my mac/iphone it zooms out like a wide angle compared to the normal jpg photo which stays static-as-shot?
It's hard to work out what you are trying to say there.
I've read it 3 times and can't make any sense of it.
But if you are saying the image is to long and narrow, set your camera to shoot 4:3 aspect ratio, rather than 16:9.
2022-5-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

xFireSoul Posted at 5-24 01:03
Hey guys, I feel dumb but am I the only one with issues when shooting raw portait mode? When I open the photo on my mac/iphone it zooms out like a wide angle compared to the normal jpg photo which stays static-as-shot? Of course I can zoom in and  crop it, but that's not the point. Is this a setting I've turned on by mistake? [view_image][view_image]

Did you zoom in when you took the picture?

If you did so, the jpg would be the zoomed in, but a raw file always gives you the total image captured from the sensor (without zooming).
2022-5-24
Use props
xFireSoul
New

United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 5-24 06:59
Did you zoom in when you took the picture?

If you did so, the jpg would be the zoomed in, but a raw file always gives you the total image captured from the sensor (without zooming).

I might have as I was testing the camera & settings. Thanks for the suggestion!
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules