Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 23:09
I bet yesterdays Mini 3 Pro firmware included this and its date bound,  so as soon as we reach April it will activate.  If someone has updated already perhaps you could change the date to next April and see what happens.

I wonder if its the FlySafe update that does the restricting
2023-10-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-28 09:25
Yes I understand.  But drones other than the Mini series are not impacted if we refer to what the DJI Paladin admin ruled in this thread or another on the same subject.

So, no worries.

That is where it stumps me, a much lighter drone (sub 250g) will be subject to this new law yet a heavier drone will not be subject to it, what part of that makes any sense?
2023-10-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 10-11 16:42
That is where it stumps me, a much lighter drone (sub 250g) will be subject to this new law yet a heavier drone will not be subject to it, what part of that makes any sense?

The fact that for C0 the A1/A3 license is not required.
2023-10-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-11 16:42

It's the lack of the exam requirement,    EASA think that C0 pilots will be less safe flyers than C1 upwards.  
2023-10-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-11 16:33
I wonder if its the FlySafe update that does the restricting

Could be,  and theres no "fixes" for that yet that Ive seen at least.
2023-10-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-11 23:18
It's the lack of the exam requirement,    EASA think that C0 pilots will be less safe flyers than C1 upwards.

I didnt know that (EU) C1 required a license, there wasnt any talk of that for the UK even when the C was going to be a thing. What is this license that LV is talking about, is it like our A2 CofC?
2023-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-11 23:18
Could be,  and theres no "fixes" for that yet that Ive seen at least.

Are there any for CE......?
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-12 03:20
I didnt know that (EU) C1 required a license, there wasnt any talk of that for the UK even when the C was going to be a thing. What is this license that LV is talking about, is it like our A2 CofC?

For Mini drones under 250g you dont have to take the exam its optional,  over 250 you have to take the exam,   same applies to the UK rules,  although as the exam is free I dont know why everyone wouldn't just pass it so they knew the rules better.   
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-12 03:21
Are there any for CE......?

Not on the RC2 yet,    but the latest version is supported now if you follow the right process.  
2023-10-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6269839 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 23:09
I bet yesterdays Mini 3 Pro firmware included this and its date bound,  so as soon as we reach April it will activate.  If someone has updated already perhaps you could change the date to next April and see what happens.

I'm even more glad I didn't do that opdate now.
2023-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 08:44
For Mini drones under 250g you dont have to take the exam its optional,  over 250 you have to take the exam,   same applies to the UK rules,  although as the exam is free I dont know why everyone wouldn't just pass it so they knew the rules better.

Are you on about the stupid fliers drone code one, thats no exam lol its a joke, and for those calling it a license are way wrong, its a drone code test just to get your ID, it certainly ain't no license.

As you say, we here in the UK need to take the Drone Code test (thats all it is, a test) if we want to fly regardless of what drone size if it has a camera (i think that might just apply to the EU, we in the UK may have to regardless of camera, not sure on that and i cant be asked to look it up lol) so as to garner the Fliers ID, so I ask again, why do they deem a sub 250g less of a risk to aircraft than say a DJI Air (#) for example?
2023-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 08:45
Not on the RC2 yet,    but the latest version is supported now if you follow the right process.

Thanks, I doubt i will be updating anytime soon, I've not flown it in many months :/
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-12 20:53
Are you on about the stupid fliers drone code one, thats no exam lol its a joke, and for those calling it a license are way wrong, its a drone code test just to get your ID, it certainly ain't no license.

As you say, we here in the UK need to take the Drone Code test (thats all it is, a test) if we want to fly regardless of what drone size if it has a camera (i think that might just apply to the EU, we in the UK may have to regardless of camera, not sure on that and i cant be asked to look it up lol) so as to garner the Fliers ID, so I ask again, why do they deem a sub 250g less of a risk to aircraft than say a DJI Air (#) for example?

All Im saying is that I read that EASA saw C0 pilots as less educated as they didnt need a flyer ID exam to be able to fly whereas higher weight drones require it.    And you say it's a joke but I see so many people ask questions here that have obviously not passed it.

2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-12 20:55
Thanks, I doubt i will be updating anytime soon, I've not flown it in many months :/

Even if you dont plan to update its worth updating you patch and then re applying it just in case you get an automatic update,   I have no idea how that happens but people are complaining about it.   
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-12 09:10
I'm even more glad I didn't do that opdate now.

DJI really needs to start communicating whats in the updates,  just like any aircraft manufacturer would have to.
2023-10-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 22:39
DJI really needs to start communicating whats in the updates,  just like any aircraft manufacturer would have to.

Never going to happen though, is it.
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-12 23:07
Never going to happen though, is it.

It would actually make sense it that was part of the regulations.    Especially as the regulations expect us to check for updates before each flight.  
2023-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 22:36
All Im saying is that I read that EASA saw C0 pilots as less educated as they didnt need a flyer ID exam to be able to fly whereas higher weight drones require it.    And you say it's a joke but I see so many people ask questions here that have obviously not passed it.

[view_image]

Ah, thats why then, thanks,  theirs is different to ours, so yeah, I can see why they would bring in the hard limit seeing as there's no registration requirement (for now). For us, it doesn't matter, we have to have it regardless, so hopefully we wont get the 120m hard limit.
2023-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 22:39

They are a law unto themselves... :/
2023-10-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 23:28
It would actually make sense it that was part of the regulations.    Especially as the regulations expect us to check for updates before each flight.

The regulations are so mired in ambiguity and contradiction it's a wonder anyone can make head or tail of them.
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-12 23:31
Ah, thats why then, thanks,  theirs is different to ours, so yeah, I can see why they would bring in the hard limit seeing as there's no registration requirement (for now). For us, it doesn't matter, we have to have it regardless, so hopefully we wont get the 120m hard limit.

Like us they have to register and label the drone with the operator ID,  but theres no flyer Id exam requirement.  
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-12 23:35
The regulations are so mired in ambiguity and contradiction it's a wonder anyone can make head or tail of them.

And every time they change/revise them that gets worse.
2023-10-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 23:37
And every time they change/revise them that gets worse.

I prefer to rely on my own common-sense.
2023-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-12 23:39
I prefer to rely on my own common-sense.

But it's the people that you may encounter that think they know the rules which then become the problem,  you see it on YouTube all the time.
2023-10-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 10-12 20:53
Are you on about the stupid fliers drone code one, thats no exam lol its a joke, and for those calling it a license are way wrong, its a drone code test just to get your ID, it certainly ain't no license.

As you say, we here in the UK need to take the Drone Code test (thats all it is, a test) if we want to fly regardless of what drone size if it has a camera (i think that might just apply to the EU, we in the UK may have to regardless of camera, not sure on that and i cant be asked to look it up lol) so as to garner the Fliers ID, so I ask again, why do they deem a sub 250g less of a risk to aircraft than say a DJI Air (#) for example?

In Europe these are the official terms. No need to translate the images below, you understand.
And license is the term which designates the piece of paper with your name and your registration number with the category stickers. Like a driving license.
I don't really see what's stupid about it and where people are wrong?

1.JPG 2.JPG
Atvērtās kategorijas tālvadības pilotu apmācības kurss (A1/A3) – CAA

why do they deem a sub 250g less of a risk to aircraft than say a DJI Air (#) for example?
3.png

2023-10-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 23:41
But it's the people that you may encounter that think they know the rules which then become the problem,  you see it on YouTube all the time.

Gloomy prospect, isn't it.
2023-10-12
Use props
Balzer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1070256 ft
  • >>>
Germany

r_fly_! Posted at 10-11 14:40
"Will the Mini 4 pro also need a firmware update to reinstate the 120m limit?" => If someone can give me a clear yes, I'd buy it right away. That limit is just too restricting if you live in a mountainous area.

I guess as of now no one knows for sure. Clarification from DJI on this would be much appreciated.

Same for me. I  think 120m is plenty. But the Issue really is the AGL. I don't live in the Mountains, but the Area is "hilly". I flew my drone on a walk with the dog and had it follow me for about 3-4 minutes. In that time, i walked up the hill a little, and when the drone landed, the hight it showed me was still over 40m. Meaning the drone thinks it is 60m up in tjhe air, when in reality its 20. With a hard 120m lim it above take off point, the drone would've crashed into the forest just a couple of meter further up the hill. So it's not just a theoretical Issue for people who live in the swiss alps, but everybody who does a little bit of walking up the hill. And yes, it could be mitigated by landing and taking off again, so for most people its going to be alright. But it's just stupid. It's a stupid law, made by people who never in their life have flown a drone or shown any interest in the hobby and only seem interested in over regulating as many parts of life as possible in a way that is so complicated, that they themselves don't know what the hell the laws are all about....buuuut thats a different discussion
2023-10-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-12 23:44
In Europe these are the official terms. No need to translate the images below, you understand.
And license is the term which designates the piece of paper with your name and your registration number with the category stickers. Like a driving license.
I don't really see what's stupid about it and where people are wrong?

Thats a really stupid analogy, both cars require you to take an exam to get your license so as to drive on your own.

I wasn't aware that you were referring to the Mickey Mouse drone code exam that ain't worth poop if anyone fails that, then they have no business even looking at a drone, I mean, its just to make sure you are aware of the DC, thats all, i thought you meant that you needed to take a real exam much like the UK A2 CofC.
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Balzer Posted at 10-11 12:05
Will the Mini 4 pro also need a firmware update to reinstate the 120m limit? And will I be able to fly my European mini 4 pro higher than 120m in countries that allow that?

Thanks for the feedback, due to  EU C0 requirements, there will be a 120m altitude limitation (Currently only DJI Mini 4 Pro is announced as C0 and restricted with a 120m altitude limitation). Your concern has been reported to the designated department for further evaluation, we do value the voice of our sincere customers, and there will be more options in the upcoming app version. Furthermore, this limitation is only applicable to EU countries which are (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden) Please rest assure to use it. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 10-13 03:24
Thats a really stupid analogy, both cars require you to take an exam to get your license so as to drive on your own.

I wasn't aware that you were referring to the Mickey Mouse drone code exam that ain't worth poop if anyone fails that, then they have no business even looking at a drone, I mean, its just to make sure you are aware of the DC, thats all, i thought you meant that you needed to take a real exam much like the UK A2 CofC.

"Both car required to take an exam"
https://www.securite-routiere.gouv.fr/les-differents-permis-de-conduire/permis-cyclomoteur-categorie-am
I let you do the translation and find out where its written "there is no exam"

A1/A3 is maybe mickey mouse for you, but remember that everyone has been a beginner one day.
2023-10-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-13 04:38
"Both car required to take an exam"
https://www.securite-routiere.gouv.fr/les-differents-permis-de-conduire/permis-cyclomoteur-categorie-am
I let you do the translation and find out where its written "there is no exam"

To be honest, i dont even know what car that is but there is no such law over here in the UK, not that i am aware of, over here, a car is a car as far as i know, but we have motorbikes where riders can ride on a provisional license, but even then, they have to take a "serious" test (CBT) to be able to do that, thats if they are below a certain age.

I ain't going to that link, i will take your word for it as i assume its some sort of mickey mouse car thats severely restricted in some way, be it speed or engine size or type.

I lied, i decided to go to that link after all, 1st off its not a car, you could have said or led with that, its a quadricycle moped type and whilst there is no exam perse, you are assessed throughout the course, so you could fail until they grasped that part, Oh and they still have to sit a TEST for both the ASSR 1 & 2 theory courses, so similar to our CBT training.

Over here, to do the "Mickey Mouse" exam to fly, is ridiculously easy to pass, heck, it can be done looking it up whilst doing it, thats why i call it "Mickey Mouse", because its laughable.

The A2 CofC is different, you have to pay for it, and then you study and then take an online exam where you cannot look up the answers as youre doing it using zoom. This is what every drone user should be required to do to be able to fly, it would weed out some of the riff raff but then again, they would still fly if they really wanted to, unless the powers that be made drone companies add a lock and you would input your exam pass ID to be able to fly, that could be in the future....
2023-10-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 10-13 23:08
To be honest, i dont even know what car that is but there is no such law over here in the UK, not that i am aware of, over here, a car is a car as far as i know, but we have motorbikes where riders can ride on a provisional license, but even then, they have to take a "serious" test (CBT) to be able to do that, thats if they are below a certain age.

I ain't going to that link, i will take your word for it as i assume its some sort of mickey mouse car thats severely restricted in some way, be it speed or engine size or type.

No worries Bashy.

Car, quadricycle... It doesn't matter. Motorized vehicle. For drones it's the same, Qadri, Hexa, Octo, Fixed wing... The devices are classified according to their characteristics and performances, and the conditions of use in accordance with these specifications.

FYI these micro-cars (AM category) in Europe are limited to 45 km/h and the engine cannot exceed 50cm3. To drive them you must have followed a short training course with an instructor who decides on the candidate's aptitude. There is no written exam. I have the clear impression that the C0 category was designed on this model, to allow as many people as possible to legally access this leisure activity. Obviously the restriction to 120m from the take-off point bothers some people. But in the same way you are not going to buy a micro-car to drive on the highway and therefore be limited to 45km/h. You are not going to buy a C0 drone if you know that the restriction will bother you... For me this makes sense, DJI as a manufacturer applies the regulations.

The exam is easy, it's true, but I think the objective is above all to verify that the user has read the security rules at least once.

2023-10-14
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

120m AGL is fine. 120m from take off point is not fine. With this limitation you have to use bigger, louder and heavier drones in environments that have tall buildings and hills which is less safe in case of an accident. It is also not practical because you need to take 2 drones to your trip in order to cover both scenarios.

I can't believe how passive EU citizens are regarding regulations that are imposed on them. Here we would already be organized and formal appeal would already be filed with the appropriate government body signed by thousands of users. These regulations won't simply change for the better without community pressure.

2023-10-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Tuxtard Posted at 10-17 02:07
120m AGL is fine. 120m from take off point is not fine. With this limitation you have to use bigger, louder and heavier drones in environments that have tall buildings and hills which is less safe in case of an accident. It is also not practical because you need to take 2 drones to your trip in order to cover both scenarios.

I can't believe how passive EU citizens are regarding regulations that are imposed on them. Here we would already be organized and formal appeal would already be filed with the appropriate government body signed by thousands of users. These regulations won't simply change for the better without community pressure.

I find this law fair and proportionate.  
C0 offers the possibility to people with reduced abilities or who are not interested in reading the courses and taking the exam online, to still be able to use a drone.  

For the others, it's up to you to choose the right tools.
2023-10-17
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

It seems that DJI is implementing height restrictions for their drones in the European Union starting in April 2024. Specifically, any drone under 250g will be labeled as C-0 and is banned from flying over 120 meters. This restriction is going to apply to the DJI Mini 4 Pro, and it appears they are introducing it early for this model.
2023-10-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

kahixa Posted at 10-17 10:51
It seems that DJI is implementing height restrictions for their drones in the European Union starting in April 2024. Specifically, any drone under 250g will be labeled as C-0 and is banned from flying over 120 meters. This restriction is going to apply to the DJI Mini 4 Pro, and it appears they are introducing it early for this model.

"starting in April 2024"

Where come from this info ?
2023-10-17
Use props
djiuser_kckWCyBAQAUu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261325 ft

United Kingdom

Sorry all, I thought C0 also means it cannot be flown more than 120m (400ft) from the pilot.

Is this correct and if so is this something else that is going to be implanted in some firmware update  for the mini pro 4 ?

I know about line of sight etc, so it's not a question about that.

Thsnk you

2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules