Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-9 16:02
Aloha Gary,

Oh, and I almost forgot, the proposed rulemaking may recommend that FPV, at some ...

That's going to be hard to do.  How is the pilot of the drone (yes, I call it pilot and "I are one") going to be able to get the heck out of the way of an overtaking aircraft since he won't see it until it is too late?
2016-3-9
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-3-9 12:10
That's going to be hard to do.  How is the pilot of the drone (yes, I call it pilot and "I are one ...

Aloha Gary,

And I are only a pilot wanna-be!  From the looks of it, the 400 foot altitude limit for drones will probably end up in the final regulations and you will have to get an exemption to go higher in a small or micro drone.  Exemptions would be given on a need basis.  A temporary airspace exclusion zone would be set for the time period.  That is what they do now for unusual flight needs.  

I personally think that one of the reasons the rulemaking is taking so long is to let venders offer technology for consideration in the rulemaking.  Maybe a transponder program is in the works to address that problem.  I have no idea.  

I do know my P3 has been saved at least once because of the height limit.  A police Hughs 500 came out of "nowhere" at 500 feet while I was videoing a traffic issue for the neighborhood.  It looked like it was at 300 feet when I looked up after hearing it.  It went right over my P3P and it did not even jiggle.  There was also no evidence on the video because the sun was at too much of an angle.  Had to change my pants on that one!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-9
Use props
iLuvMyPhantom
lvl.1

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-10 00:48
This stock change gets me a solid 1.5 miles.

Last range test after I changed the 5.8 gHz high gai ...

Hi Micro, thinking through my antenna upgrade and had a question.  The antenna mod you linked for me is 2.4ghz and I see you also said you then changed the flat panels out for 5+ghz ones; I don't know much about antennas and stuff and just wondered about compatibility.  If the controller I got with my standard is 2.4ghz it still is ok if I buy that mod and put the 5ghz ones on the mod?  I thought it would have to be the same but am really hoping it doesnt....also does argtek not offer one with the upgraded panels or is doing it myself the only option on that?

Thanks man
2016-3-13
Use props
iLuvMyPhantom
lvl.1

foxy-stoat Posted at 2016-3-5 00:00
I believe "line of sight" and "being able to see it" are 2 different things.

I lose sight of my qua ...

I have been wrestling with the FAAs definition of that as well and I find myself agreeing with what you're saying that its not he same as 'seeing';  the logic I came up with (out of a hat of course) is that if you don't have LOS the risk of the drone losing connection and doing something that could end up being a hazard is greater...thats the only thing I could come up with that made the LOS make sense over actually having visible eye contact.  
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules