7814 68 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

mav16 Posted at 2017-3-16 08:35
Nope.  My wife is very supportive of my toys and hobbies.  =)  Perhaps this isn't your situation?

How could I have made an error if the drone just drifted, turned and flew forward all by itself, without any input from me?  Maybe if it was windy at the time, but it wasn't, and I wouldn't have flown it in the wind anyways.  And why didn't the front obstacle avoidance system kick in and stop it?

It sounds like it went into another smart mode. You probably meant to put it in tripod and messed up. I like litchi myself because it's a little more technical.

The logs would be easy to confirm what happened. Could have even uploaded to healthy drones and saw the mode set before the crash.

It's all saved on the mavic internal sd card, so they'll find out.
2017-3-16
Use props
mav16
lvl.1
Canada

Update: Just received my pre-paid UPS shipping label to send it back and will send it back this afternoon.  Thank you - this was what I wanted.

No point in continuing to argue with you DJI fanboys out there.  Hopefully you won't experience the same things I did because you too will quickly experience DJI's poor support.  To those who can sympathize and tried to help - thank you.
2017-3-16
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

mav16 Posted at 2017-3-16 09:54
Update: Just received my pre-paid UPS shipping label to send it back and will send it back this afternoon.  Thank you - this was what I wanted.

No point in continuing to argue with you DJI fanboys out there.  Hopefully you won't experience the same things I did because you too will quickly experience DJI's poor support.  To those who can sympathize and tried to help - thank you.

Yeah but without logs, you have no proof on your side. They could say anything now.
2017-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So anybody who doesn't agree fully with you is a fanboy, yet you whole argument was it just took off and hit a wall, no proof the proof you had you deleted, none of it could be down to you including flying it around your six year old .

Then after all that dji support sent you your ticket for shipping your Mavic and then you say that was all you wanted.

I think that says a lot about what happened here, you got the support from dji you were looking for, so support may not be half as bad as you were making out.
2017-3-16
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have enjoyed this one, very entertaining and I think the masses will be siding with the large mega-rich company on this case from the evidence that has been produced thus far.  Please let us know the outcome, I am intrigued.
2017-3-16
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the horrid DJI service provided you a pre-paid label once you followed the very easy to understand instructions that have existed since day 1.  It's amazing what following instructions can get you right?

Yes all these fan-boys using "logic" to determine things and wanting "evidence" are a real drag man.

By the way, you said you planned on recording yourself and your son while playing catch.  How exactly did you plan on catching a ball while simultaneously controlling your drone?
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-16 10:03
Yeah but without logs, you have no proof on your side. They could say anything now.

The flight data recorder will determine the cause of the crash. If it was a malfunction then DJI will cover it.
I saw Hallmark's post about two crashes, maybe the first one cause damage and shouldnt not have been flown again. I am still waiting for the account email so I can review the flight.

2017-3-16
Use props
jamborini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69682 ft
United Kingdom

The only concrete fact I can gather from this is that DJI really has a poor customer service reputation.
2017-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

jamborini Posted at 2017-3-16 13:13
The only concrete fact I can gather from this is that DJI really has a poor customer service reputation.

It has a poor customer service on this forum, because if you have any problem this is where people come to complain.

Take the Op he crashed his Mavic twice, he phoned dji they told him they couldn't give him a refund until they checked out his Mavic , this didn't suit him, within a couple of days they had booked his crashed Mavic with prepaid ups to bring it to their Repair service centre.

Now can you tell me where you see the poor service in his thread here, and there are numerous threads that are similar.

As somebody who has been using dji products for awhile now, all I can tell you is dji are a very progressive company and produces very high tech products, and over time there service to these products have improved immensely.
2017-3-16
Use props
detectiveddubs
lvl.1
United States

Dealt with a similar issue recently, but actually received my refund today.

I got my brand new mavic and for some reason there was a defect with the image transmission to the controller. Tried to troubleshoot it with help from DJI support and realized that NOT A THING in the world is worth dealing with them ever. So instead of sending my Mavic in for a replacement, even under warranty, I opted for a full refund so I'd never have to deal with them again. I even purchased the DJI refresh because of how awesome this drone was going to be. But DJI support basically left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'd rather live without that Mavic than have to talk to anyone from their email, chat or phone team.

With that said, I would buy another DJI product, but only from a retailer like Best Buy or Apple, where customer service is well trained and a refund doesn't take multiple weeks and can only be given under the slightest of circumstances.
2017-3-16
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

PimpDawg is right on.  Much the same situation with me and they always say that I accelerated at 00XX and  that resulted in my crash. Even though I have explained the event over and over clarifying it enough for a 5 year old to understand they still assume I did something wrong. Yet they have repeatedly failed to explain why my mavic was veering left and rising right into a tree. This was very much obvious in my flight logs. My mavic has been sitting on their dock for 6 days now and has yet to enter the repair system.  Have I emailed them repeatedly? No. It's pointless. I just inquired here in the forums in a status check thread.

One thing I can count on is a DJI rep repeating what I said above. Heck in that status thread I asked for them to check on my case number and Ken there automatically brought it up that it was my fault for the crash and all I wanted to know the status of the repair.  Excellent support and yes I'm being sarcastic. The sad thing is good support isn't hard to do, don't place blame against your paying customers. You either alienate us or work with us to fix an issue that can only improve your products.  I want the mavic to work. It's a solid platform and great design but it has a lot of issues being repeatedly brought up here in the support forums.  Fly away and update issues. Let's work together to fix these problems, even if it's a better owner's manual or a training video series.
2017-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

detectiveddubs Posted at 2017-3-16 13:45
Dealt with a similar issue recently, but actually received my refund today.

I got my brand new mavic and for some reason there was a defect with the image transmission to the controller. Tried to troubleshoot it with help from DJI support and realized that NOT A THING in the world is worth dealing with them ever. So instead of sending my Mavic in for a replacement, even under warranty, I opted for a full refund so I'd never have to deal with them again. I even purchased the DJI refresh because of how awesome this drone was going to be. But DJI support basically left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'd rather live without that Mavic than have to talk to anyone from their email, chat or phone team.

I suppose we can look at it like this, dji is a relative new company 10 years old they supply world wide amazing high tech products, yes there support is not near the level of Apple.

So when Apple was 10 years old they fired Steve jobs , they supplied maybe half the world with some of the most problematic products an almost dire customer service waiting times in some countries of more than 12 months and they almost went bust,

So when you compare dji with Apple you really should know at the same time in their companies history, dji is so far ahead of Where Apple was its almost laughable that you would use Apple as an example..
2017-3-16
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

It's normal process for any manufacturers. They offer you to return the item to inspect.
They are NOT going to refund you unless it was NOT your fault.
2017-3-16
Use props
djiuser_kdg6MGL
New

New Zealand

mav16 Posted at 2017-3-16 04:12
This was all outdoors.  The second crash, I wanted to put the drone into tripod mode, hovering about 10 to 15  feet high, to record video of my son and I playing catch from 30 to 40 feet away.  I'm standing in front of the drone, maybe 10 feet away, my son was to my left, the drone's right, about 20 feet away and my wife a few feet behind me.  There's a wall of our house behind him, maybe 15 feet back, from where my son was standing.  I started it, lifted it off with the left joystick up, had it hovering about 10 feet.  I was about to put the drone into tripod mode and hit record when things went wrong.  Without any input from me, the drone suddenly drifted and turned to its right, our left, towards my son.  My son got scared and ran back.  I immediately pushed the left joystick down to land it.  It did not respond.  The drone just turned to its right, flew forward and downward towards my son.  I yelled at my son to get down, the drone went over my son's head by a few inches and hit the wall.

I don't have video of this as I never even hit the record button.  This all happened within a few seconds from take off.

Hi there, Same thin happen to me OP. I bought a Mavic Pro instore and when we fly it i just swerves to the right and crashes almost hit my nephew aswell. I return it and they tried it on the store and it crashes aswell they said they will replace it. Its been a week and they havent send me my new mavic pro.
2017-12-3
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

"Pilot error, you know!" Yeah sure, culd always be pilot error. DJI wanted me to jump through a thousand hoops hoping I would be hassled into giving up. It is the customer's obligation to rule out any possible pilot error 100%. Actually it is really simple. If you aren't satisfied with the product, return it. If the company does not issue a refund. Dispute the charges. End of story. That being said, I had the same experience dealing with DJI. Some punks here tried to insinuate 'lack of experience' ect. I have had many years experience as a drone pilot both in professional civilian military applications. They can always argue 'pilot error' to complicate and exacerbate the return process. Just send it back and dispute the charges. DJI needs to learn a lesson about customer satisfaction. They have cost me a fortune in lost wages and liability over the years. Don't play games with them. Return the product and dispute the charges the first time you notice instability with the product. No way that was pilot error BTW. And yeah, a drone can be a huge liability if the control has trouble maintaining connection. When it loses connection, there is no pilot, and therefore no "pilot error". The new firmware is dangerous. Check out some of the videos on YouTube. 'Pilot error' my ass!
2018-3-7
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try taking it all apart and smashing it up and putting all the pieces in a pie pan then making a video of yourself further breaking it up and upload that video to YouTube then post a link to that video to this forum?  I think that’s the standard protocol in this situation. Best of luck.
2018-3-7
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-16 13:24
It has a poor customer service on this forum, because if you have any problem this is where people come to complain.

Take the Op he crashed his Mavic twice, he phoned dji they told him they couldn't give him a refund until they checked out his Mavic , this didn't suit him, within a couple of days they had booked his crashed Mavic with prepaid ups to bring it to their Repair service centre.

Exactly. Couldn’t agree more.
2018-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-3-7 16:01
Exactly. Couldn’t agree more.

I believe customer service has improved greatly since the early days of the Mavic .
2018-3-7
Use props
fansb689aff9
New

Australia

Hi guys, i had a bad crash where my Mavic Air got a broken front left arm.

The drone is one week old, i haven't done anything wrong, it just go out of control and flown straight to a tree. The weird thing is that i was recording and the vid stops seconds before the crash, at about 5 meters from the tree. That's the point i believe it got crazy.

Here is the log, does anyone know how to read them?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/W9DYT2MKRK7OSR6ADHU2

thanks in advance guys,
Cheers
2019-8-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12717890 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansb689aff9 Posted at 8-23 01:01
Hi guys, i had a bad crash where my Mavic Air got a broken front left arm.

The drone is one week old, i haven't done anything wrong, it just go out of control and flown straight to a tree. The weird thing is that i was recording and the vid stops seconds before the crash, at about 5 meters from the tree. That's the point i believe it got crazy.

Hiya,

Had a look at your flight.

Last part of your flying was fun flying ; SPORT mode fully fwd to a stop, several times.
Flying to a stop, not the last one, MA needed 10 meters to a full stop from 9.9 m/s.
Last Speed 12m/s reached, so little more than 10 meters needed to a stabilized hover.
So when you stop the fwd stick input MA needs some time and distance to brake.
Bad luck to have a disconnect for 3.6 seconds, but reading the last record before the disconnect : zero fwd input, so MA started to brake and needed more distance than there was.

So my guess is that you just stopped too late with that forward speed, for that area.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2019-8-23
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10610033 ft
Canada

beginner mode would be the way to start out, next thing would be to accept responsibility.
2019-8-24
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think DJI as a whole for requesting a refund on your product is at best a political bait and switch maze, which is why I haven't seen Amazon themselves selling DJI products anymore. Is it me or is it prudent buying and selling practices for the world's largest internet retailer not to do business directly with DJI???
2019-8-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-24 19:05
I think DJI as a whole for requesting a refund on your product is at best a political bait and switch maze, which is why I haven't seen Amazon themselves selling DJI products anymore. Is it me or is it prudent buying and selling practices for the world's largest internet retailer not to do business directly with DJI???

they do:  https://www.amazon.com/stores/DJ ... 0-AD23-3C56F28F254C
2019-8-24
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-24 19:47
they do:  https://www.amazon.com/stores/DJI/DJI/page/A2F1C74C-8865-4820-AD23-3C56F28F254C

I looked at the link - this is of course DJI products that are sold by 3rd party companies. I'm referring to Amazon direct selling DJI products...
2019-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Qrfp02yOcDsb
New

United States

hey guys my mavic 3 randomly went haywire and dunked itself into the lake. I don’t understand the drone is basically brand new maybe 2 months old with under 20 flights. Any reason or idea why this happened? It’s not right that this happens and they won’t give me a refund. i’m sure you can see the flight log and see what happened to the drone. Customer service has been the worse they keep transferring me or just hanging up on me in general
2023-10-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Qrfp02yOcDsb Posted at 10-18 08:45
hey guys my mavic 3 randomly went haywire and dunked itself into the lake. I don’t understand the drone is basically brand new maybe 2 months old with under 20 flights. Any reason or idea why this happened? It’s not right that this happens and they won’t give me a refund. i’m sure you can see the flight log and see what happened to the drone. Customer service has been the worse they keep transferring me or just hanging up on me in general

You would need to post a link to the flight log for anyone on here to see it.
What controller are you using?
What computer operating system are you using?
If relevant what phone/tablet are you using?

2023-10-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hey guys my mavic 3 randomly went haywire and dunked itself into the lake. I don’t understand the drone is basically brand new maybe 2 months old with under 20 flights. Any reason or idea why this happened? It’s not right that this happens and they won’t give me a refund. i’m sure you can see the flight log and see what happened to the drone. Customer service has been the worse they keep transferring me or just hanging up on me in general

From your very brief description, the cause of your incident was likely to be a yaw error that you caused by your choice of spot for powering on the drone.
Search "yaw error" to find out more.

Your flight data would confirm if this is what happened.
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hey guys my mavic 3 randomly went haywire and dunked itself into the lake. I don’t understand the drone is basically brand new maybe 2 months old with under 20 flights. Any reason or idea why this happened? It’s not right that this happens and they won’t give me a refund. i’m sure you can see the flight log and see what happened to the drone. Customer service has been the worse they keep transferring me or just hanging up on me in general

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If you were able to retrieve the drone, you can submit a repair request. If not you can apply for a Flyaway. Our team will contact you through email to assist you. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules