My Mavic Mini has problems
46954 269 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2ADRtVcvWH52
New
Flight distance : 335230 ft
New Zealand

Also happend to me yesterday  mini decided  to yaw  itself  with no input from me   resulting  ina high speed crash  
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_2ADRtVcvWH52
New
Flight distance : 335230 ft
New Zealand

Also happend to me yesterday  mini decided  to yaw  itself  with no input from me   resulting  ina high speed crash  
2020-1-2
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Malaysia

Today I took my Mini out for a flight, the mini did not return to home and somehow had the same footage like that in your youtube video. The sad about it is that I lost my drone, it went further away as soon as the return to home is activated. I want to file a report to DJI on this...sounds like a manufacturer's defect software or hardware or both interface !
2020-1-3
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Malaysia

Dzulkernian747 Posted at 1-3 18:16
Today I took my Mini out for a flight, the mini did not return to home and somehow had the same footage like that in your youtube video. The sad about it is that I lost my drone, it went further away as soon as the return to home is activated. I want to file a report to DJI on this...sounds like a manufacturer's defect software or hardware or both interface !

to be precise the drone fails to RTH and crashed at a distance of 570 meters at the height of less then 200 meters
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_wcXiwnNYt41z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179987 ft
Panama

djiuser_aYmtUJamoLbi Posted at 2019-12-3 19:34
Mavic Mini Camera pointing straight down, suddenly jumps few degrees upwards, ruining the footage. does any one is experiencing this also?
It happen every time, 3 days in a row, at first i was thinking it was the wind, but not any more.
It is my first drone I am not sure if I should return it or DJI release a firmware after people complain?

i notice that behavior today, but its seems for me it jappen only in sport mode
2020-1-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why all blue zones around red zones should be red zones if you are on a Mini.  Being able to pull 65mph w/o an Inspire 2, w/o massive winds is no way pilot error.

But seriously though, the fact the Mini can pull 65mph... it really can be done performance wise....
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_zSFEHuSDB5ce
New

Panama

Issue with my mavic mini. How can i solve it. Multiples errors
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_zSFEHuSDB5ce
New

Panama

I do have footage of my mavic mini crashing on video. I lost control of it. All that happened after firmware updgrade. Now i cant fly my drone it has multiple errors and dont fly steady.
2020-1-9
Use props
patdig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276099 ft
United States

I agree bought from BB...pixelation in camera, orientation not working properly...
2020-1-20
Use props
patdig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276099 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-11-17 00:26
Hi KlooGee, we are so sorry to hear about the problems that you encountered. Could you please help to provide the below information? We'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. Thank you in advance.
1. The serial number of your drone.
2. The original videos from the drone.

Lots of pixelation and shaking for my mini...no wind, sunny day, fling in slow cinema mode...not happy..
2020-1-20
Use props
The Mangler
lvl.1
United States

3days in my DJI Mavic Mini was 30ft away from me at approx. 6ft off the ground.... GPS signal suddenly loses connection kicked it into Attitude Mode....my hands were off the controls...it sped horizontally about 20ft...hit a tree and flew off into a river... GONE... I've sent all the flight records into DJI and all they offered was 14% off a new DJI Mavic Mini...  I was shocked when it flew away so I Googled it when I got home. Looks like there are a ton of posts about the issue with the DJI Fly App and Android v10...  My Fly Away was on 1.11.20 and a DJI Fly App/Android v10 patch/fix was released on 1.14.20.   They haven't responded to my last message from a couple days ago...  Weak.
2020-1-21
Use props
The Mangler
lvl.1
United States

I can't afford to buy another $500 DJI Mavic Mini.... Does anyone have any suggestions for a solid under $300 small foldable Drone with a decent camera?   Gracias
2020-1-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mangler Posted at 1-21 17:25
I can't afford to buy another $500 DJI Mavic Mini.... Does anyone have any suggestions for a solid under $300 small foldable Drone with a decent camera?   Gracias

I would suggest you start a new thread (not in this one) and post a link to your flight record.  Maybe someone here will be able to provide you with some details to go back to DJI with.  
2020-1-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

patdig Posted at 1-20 16:09
Lots of pixelation and shaking for my mini...no wind, sunny day, fling in slow cinema mode...not happy..
https://youtu.be/p_Dg1B-my_I

It appears as the result of broken storage (microSD) rather than a fault with the drone.
2020-1-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds terrible losing a mini like that!!
2020-1-22
Use props
Panos Megas
lvl.1

Greece

Hello! Recently I bought a DJI Mavic mini. When I went on the app store in order to download the application I noticed the comments bellow from users that they had problems with the new version of Android 10. I followed the instructions from the application and download the manual from the DJI official web page and read carefully the manual. I was ready for the first flight of my brand new drone. While the drone was flying suddenly I lost the control of the drone.the result was to hit on a wall and fell down. Does someone has similar problems with his drone? Another problem that I notice was that I couldn't land the drone..the surface was clean without obstacles. Is there any connection problems with android 10?
2020-2-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Panos Megas Posted at 2-6 10:36
Hello! Recently I bought a DJI Mavic mini. When I went on the app store in order to download the application I noticed the comments bellow from users that they had problems with the new version of Android 10. I followed the instructions from the application and download the manual from the DJI official web page and read carefully the manual. I was ready for the first flight of my brand new drone. While the drone was flying suddenly I lost the control of the drone.the result was to hit on a wall and fell down. Does someone has similar problems with his drone? Another problem that I notice was that I couldn't land the drone..the surface was clean without obstacles. Is there any connection problems with android 10?

If you want help understanding what may have happened with your drone, I would suggest opening a new thread and posting a link to your uploaded log file.  I'm sure you will very likely get several people willing to have a look at it and give some feedback.

You can upload your log here:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
In regards to the drone saying the surface wasn't suitable for landing, it happens occasionally.  If it really is okay to land, just use the left stick (assuming Mode 2) and pull it back and hold it back.  This will force it to land at its current location.  Just keep holding the stick back until the props stop turning.
2020-2-7
Use props
Panos Megas
lvl.1

Greece

Dear KlooGee, thank you for your feedback, since I am not familiar with that procedure ( it was the first flight of my drone and now is damaged) I will try to find the flight documents, because honestly speaking I do not know where I have to search for them..As soon as I can upload them i will follow your instructions because it is very important for my to understand why i couldn't control my drone and finally that heats on a wall (. Regarding the landing surface it was clean  it was flat and another important factor it was night, without winds. From my point of view the weather conditions were perfect and since the moment that I lost the control of the drone it was flighing up to 4m. far away from me and the remote control.
2020-2-7
Use props
Panos Megas
lvl.1

Greece

Panos Megas Posted at 2-7 10:39
Dear KlooGee, thank you for your feedback, since I am not familiar with that procedure ( it was the first flight of my drone and now is damaged) I will try to find the flight documents, because honestly speaking I do not know where I have to search for them..As soon as I can upload them i will follow your instructions because it is very important for my to understand why i couldn't control my drone and finally that heats on a wall (. Regarding the landing surface it was clean  it was flat and another important factor it was night, without winds. From my point of view the weather conditions were perfect and since the moment that I lost the control of the drone it was flighing up to 4m. far away from me and the remote control.

When i realize that the drone will hit on the wall, i tried to take the control and change the direction, but unfortunately the drone didnt respond.
2020-2-7
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Panos Megas Posted at 2-7 10:39
Dear KlooGee, thank you for your feedback, since I am not familiar with that procedure ( it was the first flight of my drone and now is damaged) I will try to find the flight documents, because honestly speaking I do not know where I have to search for them..As soon as I can upload them i will follow your instructions because it is very important for my to understand why i couldn't control my drone and finally that heats on a wall (. Regarding the landing surface it was clean  it was flat and another important factor it was night, without winds. From my point of view the weather conditions were perfect and since the moment that I lost the control of the drone it was flighing up to 4m. far away from me and the remote control.

The directions for getting your logs is on the page I provided.  

Night time is a tough time to fly, especially for your first flight.  Drones have 3 systems that basically help them understand where they are (GPS, Compass, Vision System).  If any of them aren't able to do their jobs well, the risk of a bad outcome significantly increases.

GPS - the drone needs to have a clear view to the sky and quite often can take a minute or longer the first time you turn it on in order for it to find the satellites and lock into its location.  If you took off without letting a good GPS location get locked in, this could have contributed to the behavior you saw.

Compass - the drone uses the compass to know which direction it is facing and compares that to the accelerators to determine if it is turning or not.  If your compass was experiencing magnetic interference from something magnetic nearby (such as rebar in a concrete slab), this could have contributed to the behavior you saw.

Vision System:  The Mavic Mini has downward facing cameras that it uses to help it know how far it is off the ground when it is close the ground.  It also uses it to help know if it is moving by tracking objects underneath it.  If it was dark out, the vision system would not have been able to function and do its job and can contribute to negative outcomes, especially if the GPS or Compass also was not in ideal conditions.

2020-2-7
Use props
Benjaminwt
lvl.1

Australia

I get exactly the same thing, in my intial flights it was a perfect little drone, and the range, although not as good as my mavic pro, was acceptible.  But lately flying it a hundred meters away I consistantly loose video completely, I can still control the drone, and see where it is on a map, and even see the drone is responding to my commands, but I just get connection lost for the video feed.  This makes the drone completely useless.  Sad as I was happy with the flymore combo and bought the care refresh, never been crashed, or roughly treated, simply doesn't work.  Guess I am going to be chasing refunds.  (bought it directly from DJI's Sydney store so at least that's something.  I'll keep you all posted.
2020-4-10
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

The Mangler Posted at 1-21 17:25

JJRC X9P....very decent...had one...

2020-4-10
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Nice work, Thanks
2020-4-10
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1288806 ft
Netherlands

The Mangler Posted at 1-21 17:23
3days in my DJI Mavic Mini was 30ft away from me at approx. 6ft off the ground.... GPS signal suddenly loses connection kicked it into Attitude Mode....my hands were off the controls...it sped horizontally about 20ft...hit a tree and flew off into a river... GONE... I've sent all the flight records into DJI and all they offered was 14% off a new DJI Mavic Mini...  I was shocked when it flew away so I Googled it when I got home. Looks like there are a ton of posts about the issue with the DJI Fly App and Android v10...  My Fly Away was on 1.11.20 and a DJI Fly App/Android v10 patch/fix was released on 1.14.20.   They haven't responded to my last message from a couple days ago...  Weak.

Hi

This happend to me also. Battery error and loss of GPS at the same time. Looks like an major SW bug. Loosing GPS should never occurs. DJI is investigation now.
2020-4-10
Use props
djiuser_UpEyRWDA3Mvd
New
Flight distance : 255190 ft
United States

yo that's crazy something kinda like that happen to my drone. it was around 150 ft in the air when it starts randomly spinning ad falls i think one of the props went out. i don't really know but its good to know im not the only one where something weird happen to me. on top of that ive had my drone for only 3 months and now the cameras all busted and i cant get it repaired because they are closed.
2020-4-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UpEyRWDA3Mvd Posted at 4-15 13:44
yo that's crazy something kinda like that happen to my drone. it was around 150 ft in the air when it starts randomly spinning ad falls i think one of the props went out. i don't really know but its good to know im not the only one where something weird happen to me. on top of that ive had my drone for only 3 months and now the cameras all busted and i cant get it repaired because they are closed.

Yeah, the behavior you describe sounds like a possible prop or motor failure.  
2020-4-15
Use props
djiuser_e3arNfXDRZUy
lvl.1

India

Hi
My mavic mini isn't pairing with the controller...
Tried binding using buttons, tried firmware update on both using dji mavic assistant 2 and tried binding procedure; not working... tried formatting memory card with computer and tried binding still not working.... i don't know what else to do... someone pls do help me with this....
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_VIHyASnhhrTs
New

Vietnam

I just bought dji mini mavic a week ago. I flew it 6 meters above a salt water pool and it said lost signal to remote and started to descend straight into the water. It is broken and I lost $500 not happy at all. I bought at dji store in ho Chi mmminh
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_8VT8caI6LUPY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9232 ft
United Kingdom

I've had a nightmare first 10 days with mavic mini, gimbal keeps dropping to the floor, gimbal wheel intermittently working, can't calibrate remote because the gimbal wheel doesn't work. I've refreshed the firmware half a dozen times, anyone have any suggestions? I keep getting messed about by both dji and lets connect, the company I bought it off.
2020-8-3
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

djiuser_2ADRtVcvWH52 Posted at 1-2 19:39

Still have the log flight data file?
2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules