Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
76867 367 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I tried for the fifth time uploading the newest firmware and DJI Go 4 app and went to fly my Inspire 2 and X5s camera away from anything that could cause interference and the Inspire started to drift in the air all on its own and the X5s camera feed is totally screwed up thanks to the latest from DJI..
Seriously DJI fix this soon or just buy back my $10,000.00 setup. I want my money back...

This went from awesome to a pice of crap with the latest software from DJI

Does anyone know how to reinstall the original Go 4 app and original firmware ?  
2017-6-24
Use props
aunaste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2064140 ft
Estonia

I got message "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." on my 128GB iPhone 6S after installing HDMI output module. Picture flickering and sometimes just green. HDMI output is fine, old iPad Air (2013) works fine.

When I switched back original module, iPhone works fine.

So I think that HDMI Output module is a reason. What to do? I need live feed over HDMI.
2017-6-25
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

The issue do not consist of increasing the data "from" and "toward" the CPU because there are new actions to undertake, the information remains the same than before the GO4 update. The problem is - almost certainly - the "garbage collection" (term to define the act of free up the menory from variables that are no long in use). Or maybe a loop that increase the values of some "array". One of these, or both, saturate the system and, probably, the requests "from" and "toward" the CPU. I'm talking as programmer. I guess the causes may be these because, in my case, I have noticed the problem does not occur immediately but shortly afterwards I start working with my i2.

I think DJI have to investigate to fix this BUG in the software ...and not that an iPad mini is obsolete.
2017-6-25
Use props
Kurt71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14547 ft
United States

I updated all firmware and the app and first flight out of the box I got this message with mavic and iphone 6 with 30 gb free memory. Happened within 1000 feet and had to fly back home as I cant see where I am with this much video lag and breakup. Have a cahnce to return mavic and seriously considering. Sent a support email to dji but not feeling good about the outcome.
2017-6-25
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Kurt71 Posted at 2017-6-25 08:15
I updated all firmware and the app and first flight out of the box I got this message with mavic and iphone 6 with 30 gb free memory. Happened within 1000 feet and had to fly back home as I cant see where I am with this much video lag and breakup. Have a cahnce to return mavic and seriously considering. Sent a support email to dji but not feeling good about the outcome.

Agree that there is a bug in the app, but people misunderstand the difference between CPU issues and available memory. Not the same thing, even if you have 200GB free it will not help this issue.  
2017-6-25
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew my Inspire 2 today with Ipad Mini. Got that warning after only 2 minutes and the Ipad got very hot.
I have switched image transmission to 720p and turned video cache off.
No difference.
No other apps running in the background.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

China

Hi,

This is a new feature to detect the cpu usage of mobile device.

The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it is revised at next release.

It is just a warning tips for u to hv an idea of the cpu usage of ur ipad/iphone. Liveview frame decoding /communication to drone will be influenced when mobile device's cpu is overloaded.

This usuaully happens when ipad/iphone gets very hot...
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi All, the response in 47# is from our R&D engineer. It's a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it will be revised at next release. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2017-6-25
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321168 ft
Turkey

Tried some more today. Mavic Pro and Ipad Mini 4. I used sunscreen and took the Ipad of of its case, but stil got the message and video feed stopped all the time. I have never ever lost video feed, but now it happens all the time. I understand the new feature detects cpu usage, but why do I npow suddenly loose video feed?
2017-6-26
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyggen Posted at 2017-6-26 10:30
Tried some more today. Mavic Pro and Ipad Mini 4. I used sunscreen and took the Ipad of of its case, but stil got the message and video feed stopped all the time. I have never ever lost video feed, but now it happens all the time. I understand the new feature detects cpu usage, but why do I npow suddenly loose video feed?

I did some testing yesterday with my Inspire 2 between the new updated DJI Go4 app and the last version on my two iPads

New app shows CPU fully loaded warning almost immediately and then starts to warn up until the video feed is useless before the drone battery is at 25%... This is in 90*f temps.

The old app does not show the CPU warning but takes a little longer to heat up the iPad but after a while it too goes into the crap video real time playback... 90*f

When in standing in the shade at 85*f the old app was fine after 3  flights..

The recorded video on the SD and SSD cards are fine even after the crap video on the iPads ...
I don't know if it is the iPad being too hot for video or the app causing it to warm up too much..

Still who bought a system that only works in the early morning or cool evening ?
2017-6-26
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

Ran today's Inspire firmware update and did not experience any CPU overload messages, nor any glitched frames.  Maybe a coincidence?
2017-6-26
Use props
reedpi
lvl.1
United States

Mindy and R&D crew, I have Phantom 4 Pro and after last firmware update I have experienced video lag, green screen drop out, Go 4 app closes while flying , as mentioned by some of the above people. This happens while using HDMI out and also not using the HDMI output.   AUNASTE - I to have the HDMI Module and HAVE to have it.   The HDMI feed is fine after testing it.

I used the Assist 2 to refresh the firmware and nothing changed. I switch between 2.4 and 5.6 GH and it doesn't help. I have not had any of these problems before upgrading  to 01.04.06 for aircraft and 01.04.01 for controller .    Mindy you mentioned patience - we need an update yesterday............... we need your help. Because of the forced upgrade - DJI needs to fix this - words can not describe the frustration with this. I did a shoot with a client and may not hear from them again because of the issues described - the green screen and lag - their comments for the 5 hour shoot - I cant see what is happening............

I was not using the HDMI output on the shoot.  I did the HDMI out test after the shoot.
PLEASE FIX THE BUG.
R&D -------- PLEASE FIX THE BUG.............NOW
2017-6-26
Use props
Jeff Lambright
New
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-24 12:37
So I tried for the fifth time uploading the newest firmware and DJI Go 4 app and went to fly my Inspire 2 and X5s camera away from anything that could cause interference and the Inspire started to drift in the air all on its own and the X5s camera feed is totally screwed up thanks to the latest from DJI..
Seriously DJI fix this soon or just buy back my $10,000.00 setup. I want my money back...

I'm with you, I want my money back!  I was hired to shoot the aerials on a movie and looked like an IDIOT on set when my screen froze all day long, then got the CPU fully loaded warning!  For DJI to say that a 1 year old ipad mini is obsolete after the firmware update is just a crock of crap!  DJI... the DO NOTHING company.  This issue isn't new!  I'm losing work thanks to DJI!

FOR SALE... Inspire 1 Pro 6 months old, 5 batteries, 2 cases, other extras.  Looking for a more stable drone platform than DJI.
2017-6-27
Use props
Jeff Lambright
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-25 22:49
Hi All, the response in 47# is from our R&D engineer. It's a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it will be revised at next release. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

NEXT RELEASE????  So what do I do with my useless Inspire 1 Pro until then?
2017-6-27
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jeff Lambright Posted at 2017-6-27 10:48
NEXT RELEASE????  So what do I do with my useless Inspire 1 Pro until then?

New Goapp for IOS is out today, only say's "Bug Fixes", but might fix the issue for those affected?
2017-6-27
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just did all the upgrades on the iPad app, RC and inspire and it is still crap... Video feedback breaks up worse [sooner] than before and the CPU warning is still there.
I thought it might have been a temperature issue with my iPad but it's not, 75*f with me flying in the shade.

I would like to drive to the LA DJI repair center with this junk and have someone that knows something diagnose the issue in real time or just give me a refund for this junk and be done with it.

Too much time and money invested in something that just gets worse each time DJI fixes bugs with more bugs....
2017-6-27
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Lambright Posted at 2017-6-27 10:46
I'm with you, I want my money back!  I was hired to shoot the aerials on a movie and looked like an IDIOT on set when my screen froze all day long, then got the CPU fully loaded warning!  For DJI to say that a 1 year old ipad mini is obsolete after the firmware update is just a crock of crap!  DJI... the DO NOTHING company.  This issue isn't new!  I'm losing work thanks to DJI!

FOR SALE... Inspire 1 Pro 6 months old, 5 batteries, 2 cases, other extras.  Looking for a more stable drone platform than DJI.

No bull, I just did all the updates and it is worse than before...

I would be better off throwing an old Brownie camera in the air for pictures at this point..

I want to drive to the local DJI repair in LA and have it fixed while i wait or just get a refund for this crap.
Ya can't even sell this because it "doesn't work".
2017-6-27
Use props
JMatic
lvl.1
Croatia

Ronin have you tried using android device? I also had tottlay emberasing moment with the client with my p4p and ipad mini 4 combo. But luckly had my 3 years old android phone with me and managed to complete the job.  Later I managed to make it work (more or lesss) with ipad too by switching to manual selecting chanel and lowering bitrate to 6.
I also have hdmi module installed so dji folks, maybe you should try searching for bug in that department.
Pls we need this fix asap.
2017-6-27
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JMatic Posted at 2017-6-27 13:12
Ronin have you tried using android device? I also had tottlay emberasing moment with the client with my p4p and ipad mini 4 combo. But luckly had my 3 years old android phone with me and managed to complete the job.  Later I managed to make it work (more or lesss) with ipad too by switching to manual selecting chanel and lowering bitrate to 6.
I also have hdmi module installed so dji folks, maybe you should try searching for bug in that department.
Pls we need this fix asap.

I will try it with a Samsung I have....

I am ready to smash the whole thing against a wall and drive over it after getting off the phone with the "NO SERVICE" dept at DJI.

How the hell can anyone deal with a service dept by email and wait how ever long for a response ?

I will sell this crap for a nice price... 2 RC, Inspire 2, X5s, 18 batteries, props cords and 2 ipad mini along with 2 hoodman and a landing pad.... make me an offer
2017-6-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Geez Ronin, you really have invested heavily into DJI. They should really look after you.
2017-6-27
Use props
jack r
lvl.1

United States

What a bunch of crap.
I can't revert back to previous firmware and now I have to wait for the next release. Meanwhile I have a $1600 paperweight.
2017-6-29
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you guys really sure that you have the latest firmware installed, A/C, RC and Tablet?
A/C: V01.01.0010
RC: V01.01.0001
DJI Go4 (iOC): V4.1.3
I'm using an iPad Mini-2, I have had three flights since installing the new firmware (released on 26 June) and not experienced any problems..
Kind regards
Allan
2017-6-29
Use props
jack r
lvl.1

United States

I'm sure SOME of the issues mentioned here are mobile device related, but I have had zero issues with my P4P up until the latest updates.
I am using the same iphone6 plus with my Mavic and have no issues with it. So I have to assume it's a firmware problem with the P4P. What else could it be? I don't know.
And yes, I have all the latest updates installed, I have testing my P4P indoors in a 70 degree environment, and no matter how far or close I am to the Phantom, I get the error and video lag and drop outs.
Also, I have the HDMI module installed, and when connected to a pair of FatSharks, I do not get the video lag or dropouts.
2017-6-29
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

allanart Posted at 2017-6-29 08:01
Are you guys really sure that you have the latest firmware installed, A/C, RC and Tablet?

Try a iPad mini 4 or a iPhone 6 and get back to me..... The latest and crapiest Go 4 app stink
2017-6-29
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.2
Turkey

allanart Posted at 2017-6-29 08:01

Ipad mini 4 and Dji Mavic Pro and yes I still have issues with datafeed and the error popping up on screen.

IOS: 10:3:2
DJI Go App 4: 4.1.3
Aircraft: 01.03.0900
RC: 01.03.0900
Flight Database: 01.00.01.04
App Database: 01.00.01.04
2017-6-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is not the Inspire. It is your Tablet. I use a Mini 4 with Cellular and Wi-Fi. I removed every program on it due to conflicts with programs running in the background. I only have the GO 4 and a mapping program on it.
2017-6-30
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.2
Turkey

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-6-30 05:21
It is not the Inspire. It is your Tablet. I use a Mini 4 with Cellular and Wi-Fi. I removed every program on it due to conflicts with programs running in the background. I only have the GO 4 and a mapping program on it.

My Ipad mini 4 doesnt have any program running in the background, but stil have issues
2017-6-30
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyggen Posted at 2017-6-30 05:50
My Ipad mini 4 doesnt have any program running in the background, but stil have issues

Same here, it's the damn new app..
2017-6-30
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Seriously DJI how do you expect new buyers of your Inspire 2 to purchase a product in the $6k-$10K range that is screwed up now thanks to your own software..

So far the Inspire 2 is a waste of hard earned money, I should have kept my no issue Phantom 4..
2017-6-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyggen Posted at 2017-6-30 05:50

I thought the same until I deleted all of the programs. You may not be running them but they are there, Check your settings.
2017-6-30
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How about a basic Inspire 2 app DJI, all I want is safe return to home and camera adjustments that's it.

If you can't fly a clean circle on your own with the Inspire 2 buy something else for your selfies..
2017-6-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It seems that all you guys are running under his and any issues with Android OS?
2017-7-1
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

To those who say that the problems are caused by the tablet performances...

As I said earlier, I fly with an iPad mini 2. I flew two days with the known problems (video lag and aircraft nose overheating). The third day I have tried to fly and the problems disapear: everything start to work as before the damned upgrades. So in the following days, everything work. Don't ask me why!

Now in the main screen of the GO4 app appears the new upgrade request but I don't do it: I will wait for a definitively stable update.

Conclusion: it's not a tablet issue!
2017-7-1
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.2
Turkey

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-6-30 19:19
I thought the same until I deleted all of the programs. You may not be running them but they are there, Check your settings.

I have no programs running in the background, since only dji go app 4 and google maps are installed. I bought this ipad mini 4 just for the Mavic. With my old P3P and my old Ipad mini 4, I even flew in 45celcius with no issues what so ever. This is the first time I have ever had any kind of video feed lag/delay, black screen and so on. I have tried without Ipad case and with sunscreen. It helped some with sunscreen, but stil came after a few minutes
2017-7-1
Use props
jack r
lvl.1

United States

So, since I don't have any video issues when viewing through Fatsharks, but the iPhone display is still garbage, I removed the HDMI module from the controller and put the original back on. That fixed all my problems with the CPU error and video lag. But now I have no HDMI out. Sucks.
2017-7-1
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyggen Posted at 2017-7-1 02:35
I have no programs running in the background, since only dji go app 4 and google maps are installed. I bought this ipad mini 4 just for the Mavic. With my old P3P and my old Ipad mini 4, I even flew in 45celcius with no issues what so ever. This is the first time I have ever had any kind of video feed lag/delay, black screen and so on. I have tried without Ipad case and with sunscreen. It helped some with sunscreen, but stil came after a few minutes

Probably not the Mini 4. I have never had a problem with mine.
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Our engineer is working on it, I will keep you posted once the APP gets revised, really apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused.
2017-7-3
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

When please, I have too much time and money invested in my Inspire 2 to wreck it and until the software issue is corrected I can't even sell it if I wanted to.
2017-7-3
Use props
Billyboy72
New
Flight distance : 5384 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-6-23 06:26
I have already accepted the fact that technology moves on and my iPad mini's days are numbered. So I have a Crystal sky on order.
[Also sick and tired of having to use hoods to be able to see monitor!!]
Meanwhile, while I await it's arrival, I have set image transmission to 720p and  disabled video caching .

def worth a try. My mini is brand new as of last night. less than 24hrs old and that didn't help it actually seemed worse plus I've already taken it down from 4K to 1080 so I may as well try 720 WTH at this point
2017-7-3
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

After I turned off video caching the warning no longer showed up. But I need to test it some more.

I've only recently been getting this message on my iPhone 6 (even with all apps killed, the phone rebooted, and in mild weather) and on my iPad Mini 2. Both devices have worked flawlessly until now.

I fear the Go 4 app is suffering from increasing bloat. It's supporting too many aircraft with differing features and crap such as Skypixel and an editor. No one I know uses the editor or Skypixel.
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules