"this week"? WHEN?
2017-6-22
Use props
fansd2384f6d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829685 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-6-20 11:23
Buying a Device that is unsupported with the phone you use ... then complaining about it ...??? wow ... are you crazy ? ... there are literally thousands of devices unsupported by the app  .... The supported devices are clearly listed ... why don't you go and complain on the samsung website and demand they fix their phone so it supports the app ?  .....  Dji have absolutely no responsibility at all to support the s8 why would they ?? IT WAS NOT LISTED AS A SUPPORTED DEVICE ....  Obviously they will eventually support the s8 because it's a popular phone ... so you'll just have to wait ... the only person at fault here is YOU.   How could you possibly not understand this ?

I use an Android phone Note 3 and tablet Nexus 7 2nd Gen. DJI advertises that they have Facebook Live stream. It does not work on the Android systems. After numerous conversations back and forth with tech support they told me that I would need to wait till they could come out with an update to fix the issue. That was over 6 weeks ago.

NOT GOOD AGAIN.

Tony
2017-6-22
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Your best bet guys is to forget using your phones all together, there is just too much happening calls notifications, Spacebook,  etc. to risk a machine on. Buy yourself an inexpensive WI Fi Apple mini pad and keep it clean of all that crap and it fits right in the bracket and your problems are over. In addition, you will actually be able to see what's going on, you'll never go back to a phone again. If you need service to log in, you can just hop spot it to your cell phone.

Regards Mike
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

does dji go for p3 also updates?
2017-6-23
Use props
Ujjawal Animato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6711102 ft
  • >>>
India

After update is there any limits for flight ??
2017-6-23
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I agree with Mike, use a secondary device as your flight screen, once that has no apps that will disrupt your flight, you can even get online with wifi sharing from your normal phone then too.

I do feel like all the update is doing is stopping flights in restricted airspace, so that's no bad thing surely?  Not only don't I want my drone getting in the way of aircraft but I also don't want to fly over a school and get accused of flying in the wrong places.
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

so i guess not this week then? its already Friday and still haven't heard anything.
2017-6-23
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-6-20 11:23
Buying a Device that is unsupported with the phone you use ... then complaining about it ...??? wow ... are you crazy ? ... there are literally thousands of devices unsupported by the app  .... The supported devices are clearly listed ... why don't you go and complain on the samsung website and demand they fix their phone so it supports the app ?  .....  Dji have absolutely no responsibility at all to support the s8 why would they ?? IT WAS NOT LISTED AS A SUPPORTED DEVICE ....  Obviously they will eventually support the s8 because it's a popular phone ... so you'll just have to wait ... the only person at fault here is YOU.   How could you possibly not understand this ?

Hold Your Horses... even if you have a device that is on the list to be supported, still the app crashes for no reasons... most of the MP Pilots that are complaining about problems with the app tell you that troubles started with version 4.1.0.
2017-6-23
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-6-23 06:42
Hold Your Horses... even if you have a device that is on the list to be supported, still the app crashes for no reasons... most of the MP Pilots that are complaining about problems with the app tell you that troubles started with version 4.1.0.

thats why i downgraded to version 407 its the only one that works for me ;)
2017-6-23
Use props
fans40deff10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153130 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if this new update resolves the issue of 3rd party apps such as AUTOPILOT being able to function? The last update seemed to cause the Autopilot app to freeze
2017-6-23
Use props
RotorZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5774524 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just installed the Go update. Expected that i had to log in again as the message earlier said...but no?  Both my phone and tablet were logged in when i started up the app.
2017-6-23
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

Hank Anderson Posted at 2017-6-20 08:44
Hopefully not, in which it causes the application to crash during mid-flight.

I have been in touch with their "tech" support, and I am not pleased with their answer.

I have the samsung galaxy s6 and have been having the crashes as well. And the low signal warnign and the choppy video feed on latest version on my phantom 3s so its not just the s8 the s6 has the problem as well
2017-6-23
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Gugelhopf007 Posted at 2017-6-21 13:16
It happend to me allready three times since the update. Ones I managed to find a Restaurant with Wifi, the other two times I had to give up. Inbetween I had been at home, reconnecting the remote control to the internet. To me it seems, that the software wants a connection every time I am trying to fly...

Something not right there then, as i have flown numerous times without doing anything other than logging in before i leave home, and flying as normal in area's with no internet or wifi.
2017-6-24
Use props
amima42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851542 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Cannot update Mavic firmware - app crashes after the update is downloaded. I hope new DJI Go update will fix this. Only started happening about a month ago, since last update.
2017-6-24
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

is the update already available?

nothing showed up both in my phone and iPad
2017-6-24
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

To DJi support it would be a good idea to add a date with these announcement's to save any confusion.  ie a date instead of ( DJI will release a new version of the DJI GO app this week.)
2017-6-24
Use props
fans3c0d5f70
New

France

App crashes during updating for me...
2017-6-24
Use props
fans3c0d5f70
New

France

And low signal warning since the last update...
2017-6-24
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

We hope the best. Give me my flags back....please
2017-6-24
Use props
n2racen
lvl.1
United States

Will app crashing during use be addressed?
2017-6-24
Use props
n2racen
lvl.1
United States

Will this also address issue of app crashing during use?
2017-6-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This app update is junk do not use it if you have an Inspire 2 with X5s camera..
2017-6-24
Use props
fans14452db7
New
Flight distance : 3015 ft

United States

Hank Anderson Posted at 2017-6-21 06:03
What you fail to understand is that most of us who have purchased one of their drones did so without the want to purchase a device to operate it.  That's the same thing as going to a car dealer, and them selling you the car, only to find out you now have to buy a compatible motor for it.  

There is nothing wrong with the Samsung S8 family of devices, and it's not just the S8's that are having an issue with Go 4.  Read up on the Google Play store for the Go 4 app.  This isn't a matter of an incompatible device, of which worked perfectly with the app until their latest update, it's a lack of Quality control on their software developers end.  To not support this device being it is one of the highly sold devices would be a bad move on their part.  Further more, for DJI to specifically tell you to get another device is ridiculous considering what we have all invested thus far.

Android:  Every vendor lists only a few devices that are tested and compatible with their app.  Oh, but then it works on the untested device.  Wait, then it doesn't work ...  wait, working.  Really a cop out.  I hope the thread I am responding to is not a DJI customer support person.  This support person shows a lack of phone/device Savy.  If DJI will only support a small percentage of available Android devices, there should be a bright red blinking sign above the display or in the add indicating that the Drone will Absolutely NOT work with any other devices.  I will make sure I post that to Costco, Sams Club and Amazon.  The drone is AWESOME!!! PLEASE remove its shackles.
We Android users have been conditioned to ignore such warnings and try it anyways.  That is what I did ... And it worked .... YEAH!!!!  shoot, firmware update, now it doesn't work.  
WORST, I take the Mavic to the Lake for a fun afternoon of flying to find out I MUST log into DJI before I can fly??? WTF!!!  
2017-6-24
Use props
fans14452db7
New
Flight distance : 3015 ft

United States

Johncoffee Posted at 2017-6-21 12:20
You need to read the instructions more accurately: You don't need a actual internet connection when flying your drone. Just the new registration process needs it once.

So, when you learn of this when trying to fly outside of a service area, the effect is the same.  OK, should have checked before I went to the lake.  Point is, the firmware release/update process for DJI needs to get fixed.  The firmware needs to get fixed and the process needs to get fixed.  If, everytime I fly, I have to deal with this BS it takes the joy out of flying.
2017-6-24
Use props
MN MAVIC 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85512 ft
United States

Mike Mas. That is what I did prior to purchasing my Mavic Pro. I checked the DJI website for compatible devices. I then checked some of the local pawn shops and found a gently used ipad mini 2 for $160.
I use this exclusively for flying my Mavic, and to this date I have not experienced any problems or glitches with the go 4 app whatsoever. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans92a30132
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Greece

The latest update of the GO (phantom 3 std) application for android is not working ,it crashes from the very first moment I try to open it. I am the owner of a Samsung Note Edge. Everything worked perfect for me since today that I downloaded the update. I have to downgrade my application.......
2017-6-25
Use props
mauller66
New
Flight distance : 13527 ft
Australia

Downloaded the updates but now there is no phantom 4 in the menu,yet it still flies but has no camera..any ideas?
2017-6-26
Use props
fansf5e703c4
lvl.1
Kuwait

Since the last update of DJI app for my osmo mobile using Samsung S7edge app havibgng problem i can't open,it keeps crashing every time i open the app...DJI DO SOMETHING DONT UPDATE UR APP IT CAUSE A LOT OF TROUBLE I CAN'T USE THE FEATURE OF DJI OSMO MOBILE APP...PLS FIX YOUR APP
2017-6-26
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1469341 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just installed DJI GO app (26/06/2017) on iPad and have lost map function . Not the end of the world but mildly annoying. Actually I wonder if anybody who programmes the DJI software actually owns & operates one of their products.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJIAndy
New
Australia

I am new here.  My DJI Std 3  lost the function modes after an update, not matter what I do or where I look I can't access them.  Will this update fix that?  I have been flying it for over a year. With no problems before this.
2017-6-26
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-21 03:30
actually, i read somewhere yesterday that the dji go 4 app is supposed to support the Galaxy S5 and above

I have a Galaxy S5 and DJI Go 4 seems to be working just fine. I also tested with my Samsung 8 inch Tab A and didn't have a problem. In fact, I've ordered hardware to accommodate the tablet so that I have a much larger display and don't tie up phone.
2017-6-27
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

My old app and firmware works just fine.   Enjoy all your updates  fun.        : )
2017-6-27
Use props
hamiltos
New

United Kingdom

Can you advise when DJI GO 4 will  support IPAD 3rd Generation (not Pro) . IPAD model no A1430.?
2017-6-28
Use props
hamiltos
New

United Kingdom

Can you advise when DJI GO 4 will  support IPAD 3rd Generation (not Pro) . IPAD model no A1430.?
2017-6-28
Use props
Earl.nottingham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249793 ft
United States

It is a nightmare to try to  change camera ISO with the GUI slider on the app! Very hit and miss trying to get it to land on the ISO I want.
2017-6-29
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The new app has my Inspire 2 grounded, what a waste of $10K... Thanks DJI
2017-6-30
Use props
jim.jimrichard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12382 ft
United States

I upgraded my Inspire 1 to pro a few months ago. Both the X5 and X3 WORKED perfectly. Today after this latest update to the app, my X3 will only send a video signal about 10 percent of the time. The x5 works just fine. I use my X3 camera all the time for video! Can anyone explain to me why this is happening??????
2017-7-1
Use props
fans46528176
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684616 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-2
Use props
fans3b9d90ca
New
Flight distance : 16729 ft
United States

I updated my P4's firmware and the DJI Go app, took the P4 out for a flight around our property, landed, and put the battery back in the charger. It's now displaying a single bar flashing three times with no indication that it's recharging. What does this mean? Thanks!
2017-7-2
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans3b9d90ca Posted at 2017-7-2 16:16
I updated my P4's firmware and the DJI Go app, took the P4 out for a flight around our property, landed, and put the battery back in the charger. It's now displaying a single bar flashing three times with no indication that it's recharging. What does this mean? Thanks!

this issue has nothing to do with OP, but please read the manual, Battery Protection Led Display, probably page 34 ...
2017-7-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules