o(^-^)o
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ronnbizzy Posted at 2017-7-29 04:53
*Following this post*

I updated my spark today and it still doesn't climb on dronie mode, it also didn't stop at the 20m i set it to.

For me all quickshots work. But they did it also before the update. iPhone 7+.
Btw..The gained altitude in drone isn’t that much. When I set the distance to 20m the dronie gains 2m height. And it starts with just flying backwards. First back and then back and up.
2017-7-29
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

ronnbizzy Posted at 2017-7-29 04:53
*Following this post*

I updated my spark today and it still doesn't climb on dronie mode, it also didn't stop at the 20m i set it to.

I updated to the last version (27/07 update) and Im still having the same problem: Dronie mode wont climb
2017-7-31
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-29 05:32
For me all quickshots work. But they did it also before the update. iPhone 7+.
Btw..The gained altitude in drone isn’t that much. When I set the distance to 20m the dronie gains 2m height. And it starts with just flying backwards. First back and then back and up.

Its supposed to gain height in a 45 degree angle. So its not working good for you neither.
2017-7-31
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tinch0 Posted at 2017-7-31 10:47
Its supposed to gain height in a 45 degree angle. So its not working good for you neither.

No, everything is working like intended. The dronie icon gives a wrong impression how it will work.

2017-7-31
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-31 10:56
No, everything is working like intended. The dronie icon gives a wrong impression how it will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLitsufYd6c&t=0s

Hi Dirk. If you see the first video you shared, you will se that when explains the trayectory of the drone it clearly shows a 35-45 degrees climb. Also, this is consistent with the promotional video of the girl that is graduating (the same that shows then you are about to choose dronie mode).

Regarding the second tutorial video, that is exactly as mine works (and I bet also yours) and as you can appreciate that spark doesnt climb at all.

Here you can see a successful dronie qhuickshot (clearly different to the one in the tutorial you shared):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PU-d_QmiqUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2017-7-31
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-31 10:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLitsufYd6c&t=0s

idk how to put the video as you did, im sorry.

Find here the link to a successful dronie quickshot:

2017-7-31
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tinch0 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:34

For me the dronie works like in the first video I posted at 0:50.
There is clearly stated that the spark will first fly back and then up at an angle.
So I think everything works like it should for me.
2017-7-31
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-31 12:13
For me the dronie works like in the first video I posted at 0:50.
There is clearly stated that the spark will first fly back and then up at an angle.
So I think everything works like it should for me.

Yes, but I'm telling you that in the second video you posted it isn't working right. As you can see, taking the volleyball net as reference, the drone slightly climbs <2m.

See a successful dronie shot in the video I posted. Look how it climbs in less than 20m.

Have you made a shots are like that?
2017-8-1
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tinch0 Posted at 2017-8-1 21:16
Yes, but I'm telling you that in the second video you posted it isn't working right. As you can see, taking the volleyball net as reference, the drone slightly climbs

Like I said, all my dronies look like the one in the dji videos. So I think they are working like they should.
Why should dji post tutorial videos with wrong or non working dronies? Doesn’t make sense to me.
2017-8-1
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Tinch0 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:34

can post your flight record screenshot on height n distant
2017-8-1
Use props
NigelS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98 ft
Canada

When I contacted support and described this problem (see posts earlier in this thread ) they told me right away to return the Spark for a replacement...which I did. It was received and verified within a few days, now nothing. I use online chat support and they tell me they will escalate my concern and get my replacement shipped that day, this has happened every other day for a week now. Then I call support and get the truth...they have no product to ship. WTF DJI??? Is it that difficult for you to just be honest with your paying customers? These forums and other sites are littered with similar stories. You must realize that you are the leader in this industry only until someone else copies your tech and provides better customer service. You will vanish after that. Pathetic.
2017-8-2
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not a big use of the "Dronie".  I don't know when it stopped working, but in my initial experimentation it worked as expected (raised at about a 45 degree angle).  I'm updated on everything to the latest, and two days ago I experimented with the "Dronie", and it does not elevate as it moves backwards.  Since I don't currently have much use for the "Dronie", this doesn't disturb me.  But I understand that others may have use and desire for it, and it is/was one of the advertised capabilities that is presently not working.

P.S.  I'm convinced that this is not user error (me).
2017-8-2
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-1 21:36
can post your flight record screenshot on height n distant

eylneb, that video isnt mine. I only see it in this forum from a person that first he had the same problems than me but afterwards it worked for him.

But you cant take surronding reference to have an idea of height and distance.
2017-8-2
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Tinch0 Posted at 2017-8-2 11:15
eylneb, that video isnt mine. I only see it in this forum from a person that first he had the same problems than me but afterwards it worked for him.

But you cant take surronding reference to have an idea of height and distance.

I know y ou can't thats why is better to refer to the flight records to see if its actually gaining altitude
2017-8-2
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-2 18:11
I know y ou can't thats why is better to refer to the flight records to see if its actually gaining altitude

Sorry, I meant you CAN. Is a footbal court, you have trees and a person. You can have a good idea of height and distance.
2017-8-2
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

Here everyone can see another succesfull Dronie Quickshot.

Mine only climbs less than 2 meters in more 20 meters.
2017-8-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

After I upgraded to 4.1.5 of the app, I tried the Dronie again.  It went up about 4 feet over a horizontal distance of 60 feet.  That's somewhere around a 3.8 degree rate of rise.
2017-8-10
Use props
fanse767f6a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23839 ft
Canada

+1. I have the same problems with the July 26th firmware and latest Go app.
2017-8-10
Use props
ST3
lvl.1

Canada

Mine was working until the update. Now what?
2017-8-11
Use props
fanse767f6a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23839 ft
Canada

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-4 08:00
I hope so, was super close from my spark reversing into a bunch of trees when I managed to grab the controller and stop it. I set it to 10m for the dronie and it covered 40m before I realized it wasn't going to stop. I dread to think what would have happened if i was in a courtyard or smaller enclosed area, luckily i was in a open field surrounded by trees
They really need to fix it fast as the potential to either crash and damage the spark or worse, hurt someone is incredibly high, especially as its one of the selling points of the spark!! Now i have read more bad news about issues with helix and the other quickshots I'm weary to use them.
My confidence in letting the spark do its thing is slipping away quickly. My overall respect for DJI has slipped a fair bit when DJI gave the impression in its videos that selfies would be 12mp stills and they turn out to only be 2mp, then later change the manual to reflect this. Damn shame!

I just had exactly the same problem yesterday even with the latest firmware (July 26) and latest DJI GO app on iPhone 7 Plus with IOS 10.3.3.  It crashed into a bush.  Luckily, the find my drone option + the beeps/smart lights help me to find my drone.

The problem of not climbing up and kept going backwards is happening to me consistently every time.
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules