Spark Remote DIsconnecting Mid Flight
49648 479 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monnette
lvl.2

United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-7 15:06
What I did was I downgraded the fw to .3xx  then upgraded it to .4xx & that TOTALLY worked..........until I got to the second battery, then it lost connection mid flight and dropped.  Sure glad I wasn't over the lake!
Error was aircraft disconnected.....then it slowly started to descend.     This TOTALLY feels like a thermal issue.  I don't think the bird is getting cool enough.  I SURE hope you guys can figure this out very soon, as I am leaving for vacation at the end of August.

Exactly as mine. Second battery, abut 6 mins of it. Geez hope they find a solution ASAP!
2017-7-7
Use props
Techjunkie
lvl.1
Pakistan

I'm having the same problem. Controller disconnects mid flight. I tested the drone indoors and the same thing happened about 5-7 mins down. What now ??
2017-7-8
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

fansa89dbbd2 Posted at 2017-7-2 06:59
I've learned that switching the remote to the 2.4 ghz range solves the issue for me. The only problem is, the remote defaults to 5.8 ghz, so I have to manually switch it over each time I fly.

I learned this by reading some posts that dealt with the same issue on the Mavic when it was released. That issue has since been corrected with a firmware update, so hopefully we will get a Spark update soon.

yes, I too need to operate at 2 ghz not 5. It's annoying (and cumbersome) that I have to reset every time, re-entering the PW etc. O
One should be able to set permanently to 2.4 gig.
2017-7-8
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-29 17:54
To locate where the problem persists and get it sorted out, please help us confirm the following info.
1. What is the firmware version for remote and aircraft? You could upload a screenshot here.
2. Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark page, install it then connect the aircraft to PC, run assistant 2 and export the data from black box, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.[view_image]

Hi Natalia,

I'm having the same problem as thread starter's facing today.

My Spark and RC disconnected after reaching 660 meters+ which is less than half what DJI claimed.

Below is the link to the blackbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w7wba ... 8YOfymJf0abH5a?dl=0

and the data from AirData
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=qTvxsM

Hope to hear soon
2017-7-8
Use props
harrismix
lvl.1
United States

I'm done with it - cancelled my controller order and will sell my Spark soon too (only flown it twice)
2017-7-8
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

harrismix Posted at 2017-7-8 05:35
I'm done with it - cancelled my controller order and will sell my Spark soon too (only flown it twice)

They (DJI) need to come out with a firmware update NOW!
2017-7-8
Use props
fans995077f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8294 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-29 17:54
To locate where the problem persists and get it sorted out, please help us confirm the following info.
1. What is the firmware version for remote and aircraft? You could upload a screenshot here.
2. Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark page, install it then connect the aircraft to PC, run assistant 2 and export the data from black box, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.[view_image]

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22hsy ... u5CqgUL3THQqFa?dl=0
My black box results, I have the same issue. My request #619610
2017-7-8
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

harrismix Posted at 2017-7-8 05:35

If you live in the U.K. Send it back as faulty. Distance selling regulations here.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans653404ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232762 ft
United States

The very same thing has happened to me.
2017-7-8
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned my after 1 day of dealing with constant disconnects. Got a full refund and went with the Mavic. Absolutely no issues with the Mavic.
2017-7-8
Use props
ndot
New
Flight distance : 17077 ft
United States

I can't explain why it only affects the RC and not the phone, but the hotter my drone is, the less likely it is to stay connected to the RC.  I can leave the drone and RC linked indoors indefinitely, if the drone is cool from the start. But as soon as I move the drone outside where it's been about 95F, it will drop after just a few minutes. It will start working again if I bring it back inside and let it cool for 10 minutes or so.
2017-7-8
Use props
Alric
New
Flight distance : 12612 ft
United States

Same here. Disconnected mid-flight and had to wait for the battery on the spark to run out. The remote  just beeped loudly when trying to turn off while the red light blinked. Very scary!
2017-7-8
Use props
fans995077f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8294 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem with the spark.it keeps disconnecting from the controller. I was advised to reset the  firmware. But to no avail. I paI'd good money for the quad and I expect good value.it is not fit for purpose. Please fix this problem.
2017-7-9
Use props
Techjunkie
lvl.1
United States

Same problem, does anyone have a solution? I bought the drone while on vacation in thailand. Dont know where to return it
2017-7-9
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

RECALL!!!!!!!!  I bet this is going to be a recall.
2017-7-9
Use props
MDR_Foto
New
United States

Well, it's not just the RC, I had it happen with my phone 4 times.  Not only would it not hover, it did a massive flyaway into a tree each time.  I can't comfortably fly this drone.
2017-7-9
Use props
fans653404ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232762 ft
United States

MDR_Foto Posted at 2017-7-9 15:17
Well, it's not just the RC, I had it happen with my phone 4 times.  Not only would it not hover, it did a massive flyaway into a tree each time.  I can't comfortably fly this drone.

I had the same thing. Very uncomfortable!
2017-7-9
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Do you all have the same color as the spark?

Same purchase period?

maybe it's a defect on a production of drones.
2017-7-9
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mine is a FM Green.... Others?   Is DJI going to honor a refund for those of us with the flying guillotines?     No way I will fly this monster with people around.  I don't trust it.
2017-7-9
Use props
ndot
New
Flight distance : 17077 ft
United States

For those with the RC disconnects, what is the temperature outside when you're flying?
2017-7-9
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

following..
2017-7-9
Use props
fans0ccf913c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29705 ft
Spain

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-9 19:43
Mine is a FM Green.... Others?   Is DJI going to honor a refund for those of us with the flying guillotines?     No way I will fly this monster with people around.  I don't trust it.

Another  user  FM green, same issue, aircraft disconnected
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ali86 Posted at 2017-7-8 05:08
Hi Natalia,

I'm having the same problem as thread starter's facing today.

You flew it in an open area, right? And you have adjusted the antennas to the optimal range all the time during flight?
I have forwarded the data to engineers already, thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans995077f0 Posted at 2017-7-8 08:43
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22hsykihr4h0gd8/AACgobEYUOXu5CqgUL3THQqFa?dl=0
My black box results, I have the same issue. My request #619610

How about the distant when RC lost connection with aircraft?
All are up to date, right?
You fly it in an open place without interference?
Did you adjust the antennas to the optimal range during the process?
2017-7-10
Use props
Techjunkie
lvl.1
Pakistan

Hi Natalia, My spark continuously loses connection with the controller. The light turns red mid flight and i lose control of the drone. This has happened once during a test flight indoors where the drone was hardly 5 meters away from me. DJI help told me to reset the wifi settings. However for a number of people on this forum this does not resolve the problem. What do you recommend i do ?
2017-7-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

fans15a1014e Posted at 2017-7-1 02:26
What was outside temperature when it happened to you?

Sorry to tell, i am disapointed with spark. losing transmission even at 70meters altitude. this happens always. sometime ok..but most time..no signal. blanks. get nervous always.
the techinician told me that spark has limited softwares. hummmm. very sad.
2017-7-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Feiyau.lim Posted at 2017-6-30 19:45
I had a similar issue too. Disconnected mid flight 70m away 60m high and it just landed there and then without returning to home. Thankfully managed to recover and it didn't crashed onto a busy highway or people. Logged a case 610972. Hope we find out why.

The spark is bad idea. not what people assuming. i am very sad.
2017-7-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

vpasq Posted at 2017-7-4 15:34
I too experienced the same thing today.  I have a one day old Spark.  Flew it 4 times yesterday no problem. Using the R/C tethered and it performed as it should and I was glowing with " I love it when things work right" fever.  However, today after flying for about 11 mins. that glow became a cloud when the R/C disconnected and I lost all contact with the drone.  I was actually bringing it back and it was about 75 ft overhead when this happened (luckily).  It went into RTH descended near me, but would not allow me to reconnect either with the r/c or any other method.  It got to about 2 feet off the ground (where it should have landed) and just hovered continuously.  I tried to get my hand underneath to capture it and power it down, but each time I did that it lifts up another foot, then after I moved my hand it descended again to about 2 ft above ground.  I had to wait for the battery to run out and it finally landed and turned off.  

I contacted support and they had me refresh the firmware,  (the latest and one I installed yesterday), recalibrate the IMU & Compass (both were done yesterday before the first launch as well), and reset the wifi in the drone with the r/c.  I have been asked to test everything out and if I experience any more difficulties to contact support.  Unfortunately it started raining an hour later and we have storms the rest of the day so I have not had a chance to test everything out.  I must admit I AM LEARY - I hate to see my $699 investment go away, but for the one day it worked perfect - I LOVE THIS DRONE!!!!!!!!!  I sure hope DJI jumps on this issue because there are multiple posts on this very issue on this forum and recent too!!!!!!!! (I will say online chat support is very helpful and convenient) (PS:  I may try the 2.4gHz suggestion above although not crazy about that since lots of equipment in my surrounding area use that freq for transmission and I might expect some interference)

i notice spark not only losing transmision always but alwats drifting alot. cannot fly straight line to make a good video too. nothing to do with the wind. even slow gentle wind. the spark drifting. hummmm.
i hope you all wont have this problems.
2017-7-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-29 18:02
Would you please provide us the info needed as I mentioned at 4# which is very helpful for us to figure out where the problem persists, thank you in advance!

i think DJI should update better firmware. Very sad about spark. mavic is the best.
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hook your Sprak to a PC and use DJI Assistant 2 software.  Drop down the firmware to previous version then upgrade to most recent version.  This helped me  with the connection, others are saying switch 2.5ghz instead of 5ghz.   This, they claim will stop the dropping out of the sky on battery #2.  But I have not tried this last part yet.  I am waiting for a fw upgrade.  I'm a bit timid to fly this thing currently.
2017-7-10
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

fans0ccf913c Posted at 2017-7-9 23:17
Another  user  FM green, same issue, aircraft disconnected

I've also got the Fly More Green package and having constant problems with the remote disconnecting mid-flight (especially on 2nd battery)...
2017-7-10
Use props
Daveyku
lvl.1
Netherlands

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccx0g ... uTjd7OXK-bkNoa?dl=0

Same here, only used it for 4 time know but it keeps on disconnecting or not even possible to connect at all to the RC.
2017-7-10
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91522 ft
Netherlands

Daveyku Posted at 2017-7-10 10:44
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccx0gdw4ho2sk0p/AACrd-WvE6OuTjd7OXK-bkNoa?dl=0

Same here, only used it for 4 time know but it keeps on disconnecting or not even possible to connect at all to the RC.

Adding to the list. Lots of drops, I'm doing Nexus 5x -> OTG -> remote -> spark. I need to switch to 2.4ghz, I know it may help a little. Even the flight in the pic- wide open, no trees in the way, nothing in the way- was failing when I took this pic. I just hit 'cancel' on RTH and wait, usually the connection returns.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6xllm ... 976-0001-2.jpg?dl=0

I'm the white dot in the middle. And hi Daveyku, in NL right now too.

wide open sky

wide open sky

2017-7-10
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

tedder Posted at 2017-7-10 11:45
Adding to the list. Lots of drops, I'm doing Nexus 5x -> OTG -> remote -> spark. I need to switch to 2.4ghz, I know it may help a little. Even the flight in the pic- wide open, no trees in the way, nothing in the way- was failing when I took this pic. I just hit 'cancel' on RTH and wait, usually the connection returns.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6xllmmywj13vzc/20170710--3968%20x%202976-0001-2.jpg?dl=0

Having the same setup (Nexus 5X with OTG to RC) and also having the same issues.
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Remember if your beyond the 14 day DJI will NOT give you your money back... which I think is TOTALLY scammy, since they are selling a product that simply does not work correctly.
2017-7-10
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Well, two Inspires, Phantom 4, Mavic and now a Spark.  First issue ever with a DJI quad (Spark) was today on my third or fourth flight after receiving it last week.  First flight of the evening with my wife and son on paddle boards and kayaks in the river.  Shots were great, tracking was doing a wonderful job then "Blarf".  Image on my phone went black and white and froze, and remote could no longer communicate with the quad.  I was about 50' away when this occurred and the Spark climbed to 35m and started to return home.  The remote would not turn off and I couldn't connect to the Spark with my phone directly (LG G6).   All firmware is current and up to date btw.  When the Spark descended it stopped about a foot from the ground and stayed there.  I hand caught it and it tried to escape my iron grasp, but eventually it just turned off (guess it thought it had landed).  

I powered it down and was still unable to shut off the remote - had to do the press pause button while powering down.  On power up I was able to connect the phone to the Spark directly, but the remote had lost it's link and it had to be re-done.  Once back inside, I tried to connect to Assistant 2, but the quad would not connect to the laptop.  So I am confused a bit... do I bring the Spark to Tampa with me this week and fly it with faith, or fear that this is going to happen again.

Any assistance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

M
Here's a link to the Log Files for DJI to hopefully help sort this out...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u4onw ... 5ecv1MIOKWDqza?dl=0

2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2nd test, indoors: switch to 2.Xghz... no issues.  full flight on 2 batteries.   Charging again and trying RC,phone bird at 5.Xghz.  
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

3rd test, after crashing the spark into my desk.  replacing 2 props.... iPhone Rc at 5.8ghz.   Total and utter CRAP!!
5ghz is total garbage.  I am 3 FEET from the Spark indoors. and the video is crap and I get a weak signal... FROM 3 FEET!?!?!?
So, there is no QUESTION that  5.8ghz DOES NOT WORK!!!   Either I have a faulty unit or DJI has some splainin' to do...
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Daveyku Posted at 2017-7-10 10:44
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccx0gdw4ho2sk0p/AACrd-WvE6OuTjd7OXK-bkNoa?dl=0

Would you please provide me your DJI account (e-mail address), will send you the test firmware.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Techjunkie Posted at 2017-7-10 02:46
Hi Natalia, My spark continuously loses connection with the controller. The light turns red mid flight and i lose control of the drone. This has happened once during a test flight indoors where the drone was hardly 5 meters away from me. DJI help told me to reset the wifi settings. However for a number of people on this forum this does not resolve the problem. What do you recommend i do ?

Please leave me your dji account if convenient, we'll contact you for a test firmware.
Thank you!
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules