Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

How do I get the firmware off the controller, the same way I do the MC? From what I understand the tweaking out is coming from the controller firmware. Somebody posted that they updated their controller but not their MC and they were experiencing tweaker mode after that. So I imagine a controller rollback is necessary as well.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 12:04
How do I get the firmware off the controller, the same way I do the MC? From what I understand the tweaking out is coming from the controller firmware. Somebody posted that they updated their controller but not their MC and they were experiencing tweaker mode after that. So I imagine a controller rollback is necessary as well.

Hi,
RC controller is fine with last firmware. I have not issue. Anyway you can always downgrade your controller by using GO4.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 12:11
Hi,
RC controller is fine with last firmware. I have not issue. Anyway you can always downgrade your controller by using GO4.

OK, ive got the file but it wont let me upload it here. Where should I upload it?
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Upload it in any file sharing server and please give link to download. For example www.mega.nz file sharing server.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 12:44
OK, ive got the file but it wont let me upload it here. Where should I upload it?

Hi, that is the status of upload?
Thanks.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 13:27
Hi, that is the status of upload?
Thanks.

Unmolested firmware: https://mega.nz/#!FjZDyJbJ!Vpoae ... PXvgBbIDZwPQQrUSMhg
2017-7-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Note that in order to use that DUMLdore.exe utility, you must have Assistant 2 installed because of the COM port drivers it provides.  Worked fine for me on Win 7 64bit after I took care of that step.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Look DJI, you see how easy that was! You could have done that 2 weeks ago but no, we have to count on other people to make a rollback possible.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 13:44
Unmolested firmware: https://mega.nz/#!FjZDyJbJ!VpoaeVAswq7seId3N_JOc1XpPXvgBbIDZwPQQrUSMhg

Thank you very much!
I will flash it on my drone, test it and give feedback.
Please cud you check one more thing: then you connect you drone to assistant2 (last version) and start calibrate VPS cameras, - calibrate is success? (do you see that small cameras working?)
Thank you.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 14:01
Thank you very much!
I will flash it on my drone, test it and give feedback.
Please cud you check one more thing: then you connect you drone to assistant2 (last version) and start calibrate VPS cameras, - calibrate is success? (do you see that small cameras working?)

To be honest, im terrified to do that. I dont trust assistant 2 and right now its working better than my old p4 ever thought about working. The senors are all showing correct information. Im afraid if I calibrate it I may loose that. Surly I cant calibrate the vps as well as it is from the factory.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 14:11
To be honest, im terrified to do that. I dont trust assistant 2 and right now its working better than my old p4 ever thought about working. The senors are all showing correct information. Im afraid if I calibrate it I may loose that. Surly I cant calibrate the vps as well as it is from the factory.

Yes, i understand you. It is OK. I also at this time not trust DJI.
Before 2 days i spoke with support and they was wondering that somebody (Natalia) promise some beta.
They says that DJI not have any info about any beta for P4 and they have not any plans to do new FW for P4.
That RC fw version you have now (1.6, or 1,8)?
Thanks.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

This is what's on my equipment.
IMG_0057.PNG
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 14:21
Yes, i understand you. It is OK. I also at this time not trust DJI.
Before 2 days i spoke with support and they was wondering that somebody (Natalia) promise some beta.
They says that DJI not have any info about any beta for P4 and they have not any plans to do new FW for P4.

I tried to backup the rc firmware as well but the app didnt see it. It could be that ive never used assistant to update my controller. I did use assistant 2 to update my old MC so the drivers were definitly installed for that. If anybody needs it ill see if I can make it work.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

Alright, so thanks to Duchunter we have the WANTED FIRMWARE. Just some questions: Is this firmware Duchunter provided good for every version of Phantom 4 AC? I got the basic. How the hell you put the firmware back in the aircraft? I don't think DJI ASSISTANT 2 is letting us do it or yes? I own macs so I have no WINDOWS...Some light on to this topic would be SWEET.

THANKS DUCHUNTER.
2017-7-23
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

Reflashed with the firmware provided in the link.  Flys great, no more warning messages about wind or resetting IMU.  The collision avoidance is not working, I tried to calibrate them in Assistant 2 and it can't seem to find the cameras.   The start calibration is grayed out and keeps asking me to reboot the aircraft.  The best part is it starts up and is ready to go in seconds!  I'd like to get the collision avoidance back though.  It says it is version V02.00.0106.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans0e00ebfc Posted at 2017-7-23 15:26
Alright, so thanks to Duchunter we have the WANTED FIRMWARE. Just some questions: Is this firmware Duchunter provided good for every version of Phantom 4 AC? I got the basic. How the hell you put the firmware back in the aircraft? I don't think DJI ASSISTANT 2 is letting us do it or yes? I own macs so I have no WINDOWS...Some light on to this topic would be SWEET.

THANKS DUCHUNTER.

Your very welcome. As it stands right now you have to use the DUMLdore app to roll back. I dont believe that there is a Mac version. The files are small and can easily fit on a memory card. I downloaded DUMLdore with my Linux machine to a memory card and then unzipped them to a folder on my wifes Windows machine. So you can download the files and take the memory card to a friends or family members or even the library and do the rollback there. It literally only takes 2  minutes.
2017-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-7-23 15:42
Reflashed with the firmware provided in the link.  Flys great, no more warning messages about wind or resetting IMU.  The collision avoidance is not working, I tried to calibrate them in Assistant 2 and it can't seem to find the cameras.   The start calibration is grayed out and keeps asking me to reboot the aircraft.  The best part is it starts up and is ready to go in seconds!  I'd like to get the collision avoidance back though.  It says it is version V02.00.0106.

Congratulations, you've just updated to the latest version of firmware. So is it latest version, or has it not rolled back correctly. Interesting times.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

On thing I should mention is that the video feed was a little sketchy so I took it off auto and locked it down on a green channel and its been flawless ever since so if the feed is not perfect just lock it on a good channel and you should be fine but the bird flew wonderfully. It was so smooth and responsive. It was like a huge weight had been lifted. It seems like the older the firmware the better they fly.
2017-7-23
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Reinstalled the firmware using Assistant, did the cold calibration of the IMU, VPS, compass, etc... still the same problem.

2017-7-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 15:51
On thing I should mention is that the video feed was a little sketchy so I took it off auto and locked it down on a green channel and its been flawless ever since so if the feed is not perfect just lock it on a good channel and you should be fine but the bird flew wonderfully. It was so smooth and responsive. It was like a huge weight had been lifted. It seems like the older the firmware the better they fly.

AWESOME JOB! I'll figure out a windows machine out there, but I'll have to install DJI ASSISTANT 2 (windows version) so that it takes the drivers too!

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
2017-7-23
Use props
blueDJ01
New
Flight distance : 407 ft
United States

I updated the controller - the drone - reset to defaults everything.... I'm stable but definitely feel a change in all controls - some quicker some slower.  
2017-7-23
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unmolested firmware: https://mega.nz/#!FjZDyJbJ!VpoaeVAswq7seId3N_JOc1XpPXvgBbIDZwPQQrUSMhg

Thank you Duchunter and Icer, I will flash my Phantom and post the results.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I dont why the collision avoidance isnt working. Its definitely version 01.02.0602. You may have to use assistant 2 to take it back to factory first.
2017-7-23
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Is there a method to downgrade the controller?  Its not recognizing the downgrade version and I think may have something to do with my front collision avoidance cameras not being recognized.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-7-23 16:06
Is there a method to downgrade the controller?  Its not recognizing the downgrade version and I think may have something to do with my front collision avoidance cameras not being recognized.

Yeah you can roll back the rc firmware. DUMLdore just didnt recognize my controller or I would have posted it. It may also help to reinstall the go4 app.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if the rc firmware is causing the obstacle avoidance not to work?
2017-7-23
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-7-23 15:42

After downgrading firmware does DJI GO4 warn you there is an upgrade to firmware available?
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

M109 Posted at 2017-7-23 16:13
After downgrading firmware does DJI GO4 warn you there is an upgrade to firmware available?

You may want to reinstall your GO App and restart aircraft and RC. Maybe that works for you.
2017-7-23
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 14:11

You only need to start the process to see if the cameras are working, once you see the screen with all the dots and you can move the AC to see it move on the screen, after that you can just unplug AC and it won't doing anything to your factory calibration  
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

I see no downgrade file for P4's RC here... http://dji.retroroms.info/howto/firmware
2017-7-23
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

No it doesn't.  When I go into About if GO4 it says aircraft version unknown.  Any tips on downgrading the controller?
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans0e00ebfc Posted at 2017-7-23 16:26
I see no downgrade file for P4's RC here... http://dji.retroroms.info/howto/firmware

Your not going to find it there. Ill see if I can pull 1.8.0 off of my new controller.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 16:28
Your not going to find it there. Ill see if I can pull 1.8.0 off of my new controller.

2017-7-23
Use props
fans026094f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54058 ft
Argentina

For that version installs the DJI GO 4 4.07 on IOS, on Android 4.06. You can also use the DJI GO 2.8 one of the best versions there was.
Use it in airplane mode. In android you can download the Firewall app, and prohibit the app from connecting to Big Brother DJI
2017-7-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Nevermind; misread the quoted post.
2017-7-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI assistant 2 doesnt recognize either one of my controllers. Clearly im doing something wrong. How do you hook the controller to the pc for update?
2017-7-23
Use props
Mugre
lvl.2
Argentina

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 16:12
I wonder if the rc firmware is causing the obstacle avoidance not to work?

Calibrate the sensors with the Assistant without a network connection
2017-7-23
Use props
Mugre
lvl.2
Argentina

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 16:42
DJI assistant 2 doesnt recognize either one of my controllers. Clearly im doing something wrong. How do you hook the controller to the pc for update?

It is a Windows problem. Restart the PC by pressing the Shift key, a restart option will appear, option 7 (boot without drivers) you give Ok and then launch the Assistant and recognize your P4
2017-7-23
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Grabbed a copy of this not because I need it, but because DJI is most likely going to try to stop it. I suggest everyone grab it whether you need it or not. I have an older copy of DJI Assistant 2 V 1.04 if needed.
2017-7-23
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-23 15:51

RC 1.8.0 never been good. Before updating my P4 with the buggy firmware, I stayed on RC 1.6.0.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules