Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-25 02:05
How tiresome. People have been saying this ever since the first Phantoms came out, and yet DJI go from strength to strength. Has a lot to do with the fact that all the other drones are crap.

The other drones may be crap but at least people can fly them unlike many of us P4 owners who have been left with an oversized paperweight. And, in true DJI style, we are left with absolutely no clue as to whether DJI developers even acknowledge the problems, let alone are working on them. I wouldn't be surprised if the developers have been told to finish their P5 projects etc before they even look at this latest P4 disaster.
2017-7-25
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

JockC Posted at 2017-7-25 04:08
The other drones may be crap but at least people can fly them unlike many of us P4 owners who have been left with an oversized paperweight. And, in true DJI style, we are left with absolutely no clue as to whether DJI developers even acknowledge the problems, let alone are working on them. I wouldn't be surprised if the developers have been told to finish their P5 projects etc before they even look at this latest P4 disaster.

Please, all other drones are not crap. They are also nice drones. DJI is better in some segments than their competition. But if I already have Phantom 4 Pro and I want it to work.
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-7-25 02:36
They need a Mac alternative too. Or at least source code so us Mac users can compile and run it.

You can use bootcamp, or if you don't want to install another partition in your mac any VM like Virtualbox, VMWare Fusion or Parallels will work.
2017-7-25
Use props
leonardotanabe
New
Brazil

same problem
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone who has not rolled back report on whether or not the new update to Go app has any effect?
2017-7-25
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

The new Go App made no difference for my grounded P4
2017-7-25
Use props
fansbc1d18b3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768143 ft
Sweden

Slipstrm111 Posted at 2017-7-25 05:37
The new Go App made no difference for my grounded P4

Sorry for newbie question:
I did the upgrade when it came , but didn't have time to test afterwards.
Now came back to this thread and understand that the new FW is disastrous.
My question: Should I try to fly my P4 and see if I'm one of the non-affected ones, or should I directly go for the downgrade path as described in this thread?
And: When test-flying, will I immediately understand that my P4 is more or less bricked, or is it more subtle than that?  
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansbc1d18b3 Posted at 2017-7-25 05:48

The upgrade worked fine for me.  Try a simple test flight in a wide safe location and see.
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Have you guys contacted DJI's support? do you have open cases?
I know it's frustrating to deal with customer support, but for documentation purposes we should do it.

Also, I think is about time to start pressuring DJI with social media and reach out to youtubers like Casey Neistat or Ken Heron.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans9660f229
lvl.2
Croatia

I downgraded firmware on my P4. Now it flies rock solid again.
Thanks guys! Great job!
2017-7-25
Use props
Barnston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81936 ft
United Kingdom

fans9660f229 Posted at 2017-7-25 06:34
I downgraded firmware on my P4. Now it flies rock solid again.
Thanks guys! Great job!

I must say I am disappointed in how DJI have handled this situation. I thought that two of the basic rules regarding software updates were 1) Issue clear instructions on how the update should be installed and 2) have a clear regression path just in case things go wrong.

Some of us obviously have problems and some don't, this is a clue that DJI developers have missed something and they need to identify what it is and fix it quickly. While they are doing this they need to communicate effectively with their customers, they know how to contact all of us directly, honest communication is the only sure fire way to defuse this situation.

I urge DJI to act soon.
2017-7-25
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Gablopez Posted at 2017-7-25 06:00
Have you guys contacted DJI's support? do you have open cases?
I know it's frustrating to deal with customer support, but for documentation purposes we should do it.

I contacted DJI support but from now on I'd prefer to have my head run over with a semi-trailer next time.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansbc1d18b3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768143 ft
Sweden

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-25 06:00
The upgrade worked fine for me.  Try a simple test flight in a wide safe location and see.

Now I tested it and it was behaving just like you guys say.

Very jerky flying, compensating like crazy for very mild wind and feeling hard and unpredictable to control.
I can't for my life understand how this could have been unnoticed by the QA department of DJI, of course they must have tested this FW on literally hundreds of Phantoms before releasing it?
Anyway, downgrading tonight then ...
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Can somebody upload a copy of the new flawed firmware. Id like to try to load it with DUMLdore and try to flash it several times. Its possible that the same problem we were having with all the data not writing the first time and causing the obstacle avoidance to not work could be the issue the new firmware isnt writing on the first try. Assistant 2 could wipe the data first then wright whereas DUMLdore is over writing. Id like to test that theory.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

OK Boys and Girls, I have done the downgrade on my P4 standard as I was having issues with the new UPDATED Firmware, my P4 was flying very slow in forwards backwards and up and down, this was with the the switch in the P setting and I was not in Tripod mode, also she was very jerky making any real movements so I went down the downgrade route, I have just came in from flying a test using all three batteries and in all tests she flew how I was experiencing before, love it and I thank every one for the help in returning the drone back its original function to have fun with every thing working as should be.
Regards TJK.
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansbc1d18b3 Posted at 2017-7-25 09:05
Now I tested it and it was behaving just like you guys say.

Very jerky flying, compensating like crazy for very mild wind and feeling hard and unpredictable to control.

I wonder how many are out there thinking the update went fine and enjoying the new exiting jerking moves?
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The only jerkiness I am seeing with the Draw flight mode, when flying under 30 feet and at the slow 2.2 mph speed.  Then it wobbles as it moves...as if it were drunk.

In the other flight modes, seems steady and little changed from before the firmware update
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansbc1d18b3 Posted at 2017-7-25 05:48

I'd say it's more subtle for me. Some of the examples on here are quite obvious but I reckon there are quite a few new pilots out there that just aren't tuned in to how their bird SHOULD behave and think it's business as usual/
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-25 09:05
Can somebody upload a copy of the new flawed firmware. Id like to try to load it with DUMLdore and try to flash it several times. Its possible that the same problem we were having with all the data not writing the first time and causing the obstacle avoidance to not work could be the issue the new firmware isnt writing on the first try. Assistant 2 could wipe the data first then wright whereas DUMLdore is over writing. Id like to test that theory.

This actually sounds like something that might be at the root of the problem.  Some how Assistant 2, in normal DJI mode, doesn't get all the stuff there...leaving it kind of corrupted.  That would not be good for flight, which is what it sounds like is occurring for many with the issue.

Perhaps a speed of the PC being used for the work could be a player?  For what its worth, I used a high end gaming laptop with SSD memory and lots of memory and horsepower.
2017-7-25
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... VUNxVlk?usp=sharing

here you can find a backup of my flawed v02 firmware, which i generated yesterday before the downgrade. i had fly issues, but didnt test the camera with this version
2017-7-25
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Germany

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-25 09:05

740#

here you can find a backup of my flawed v02 firmware, which i generated yesterday before the downgrade. i had fly issues, but didnt test the camera with this version
2017-7-25
Use props
milnefish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35049 ft

United Kingdom

I've started bombarding Dji on social media - commenting things like

"Are you going to release a statement about the faulty firmware on Phantom 4, Which makes the drone become dangerously unstable and unusable?"

I think if we all get on the case - Instagram, Twitter , Facebook etc, that will get lots of attention.
2017-7-25
Use props
leonardotanabe
New
Brazil

Icer Posted at 2017-7-24 05:47
It is not possibly downgrade to 1.8. DJI delete this option. But downgrade to 1.6 works well. Also last firmware 1.9 works ok.

sorry im a bit noob with this and im fuking desperate to make my p4 work correctlly again
can you someone make a step by step?
i really apreciate if someone can
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

leonardotanabe Posted at 2017-7-25 10:16
sorry im a bit noob with this and im fuking desperate to make my p4 work correctlly again
can you someone make a step by step?
i really apreciate if someone can

Here it is:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html
2017-7-25
Use props
leonardotanabe
New
Brazil

Gablopez Posted at 2017-7-25 10:19
Here it is:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html

thanks a lot mate, really appreciate
2017-7-25
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Gablopez Posted at 2017-7-25 09:10
I wonder how many are out there thinking the update went fine and enjoying the new exiting jerking moves?

I found a guy in phantompilots saying everything was fine after the update.....but he was the first one in downgrading hahahahahaha
2017-7-25
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-25 09:43
This actually sounds like something that might be at the root of the problem.  Some how Assistant 2, in normal DJI mode, doesn't get all the stuff there...leaving it kind of corrupted.  That would not be good for flight, which is what it sounds like is occurring for many with the issue.

Perhaps a speed of the PC being used for the work could be a player?  For what its worth, I used a high end gaming laptop with SSD memory and lots of memory and horsepower.

Don't think so, I have a pimped Imac I7 with 32GB RAM and the last firmware grounded my bird
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-25 09:43

That doesn't look like the cause of the problem, I updated via my iPad first, then with the Assistant in both macbook and imac, I used a PC as a last resort.... same thing.
It is the firmware.
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-25 10:42
Don't think so, I have a pimped Imac I7 with 32GB RAM and the last firmware grounded my bird

It was just a thought.
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Replied to wrong post sorry

2017-7-25
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

Tested the DOWNGRADE TODAY!!! AWESOME!!!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME AS USUALLY!!!! Did the downgrades. Kept the RC updated and then I did an IMU calibration + gimbal calibration + compass calibration (outside obviously) VPS worked flawlessly. So good to have this wonderful aircraft back!!! You guys are the best. Just one question, I got the splash screen to update DJI GO 4 to version 4.1.4...you  might think I'm stupid but after all the hassle...shall we update to it?????  

Thanks.
Fred (Spain)
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Rockafilly Posted at 2017-7-25 09:58
740#

Thank you. I know I could get it from assistant 2 like everyone else I just really dont trust assistant 2 and I dont want to upgrade with assistant 2. Im gonna see what happens flashing this to it a few times.
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Out of interest, do any of the ORIGINAL beta testers have a backup of the original beta firmware from early this year? All reports suggested that the beta was largely stable. If people could get their hands on it, that might be worth playing with.
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans0e00ebfc Posted at 2017-7-25 11:13
Tested the DOWNGRADE TODAY!!! AWESOME!!!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME AS USUALLY!!!! Did the downgrades. Kept the RC updated and then I did an IMU calibration + gimbal calibration + compass calibration (outside obviously) VPS worked flawlessly. So good to have this wonderful aircraft back!!! You guys are the best. Just one question, I got the splash screen to update DJI GO 4 to version 4.1.4...you  might think I'm stupid but after all the hassle...shall we update to it?????  

Thanks.

From what ive heard 4.1.4 is ok to use will the rollback.
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Rockafilly Posted at 2017-7-25 09:58
740#

Dang, links not working.
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Rockafilly Posted at 2017-7-25 09:57
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6zYUt1shb8BSmRCMFd5VUNxVlk?usp=sharing

I got it, Thanks.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-25 11:16
From what ive heard 4.1.4 is ok to use will the rollback.

I know, but still...we'll have to be very careful from now and on if we want our ACs to fly like usual and pay attention to DJI's "updates / upgrades" I know perhaps has nothing to do just because we're talking about the inner AC's firmware, but still....

2017-7-25
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Germany

sorry, i forgot to cite you and had to make another reply, because in this forum you cant edit postings after 2minutes
hope you can make something out
2017-7-25
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

Should we do the rollback procedure for each battery? 503 and 602?
2017-7-25
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

In mu case I didn't have to...
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules