Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

Crazyant Posted at 2017-7-25 12:22
Should we do the rollback procedure for each battery? 503 and 602?

Just flash 0602 again for any other battery. It will take just a few minutes (you can see some indicator leds blinking on the battery during this process)
2017-7-25
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

I was able to revert the firmware to version v01.02.0602 .... now I'm going to test. Of course, following the recommendations of the great Mr. Hobbyst.
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Also, has anyone tried downgrading and then re upgrading? Ya never know...
2017-7-25
Use props
Zike
lvl.1
France

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 12:49
Also, has anyone tried downgrading and then re upgrading? Ya never know...

There is something which would nice to clear out.

After reading all the posts I see that most of us have upgraded the AC before the RC. (we realized it afterwards because the AC / RC video feed was freezing after the update).

Is there any one here who did update the RC first then the AC and have the issue ?
2017-7-25
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've just downgraded, and then I upgraded. Still wobbles. Will have to go back to 602.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans8a594c16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29826 ft
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-25 10:34
I found a guy in phantompilots saying everything was fine after the update.....but he was the first one in downgrading hahahahahaha

Yeah, and when you badmouthed him he quickly replied and said that he discovered an issue that only occurred in sport mode.  He also offered much help to others in resolving issues and if I recall he has helped on this site as well.
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pllphoto Posted at 2017-7-25 13:27
I've just downgraded, and then I upgraded. Still wobbles. Will have to go back to 602.

There is another common denominator - many of the people reporting no issues say that they didn't do an IMU calibration using the new procedure. So it might be worth testing:

Roll back to 602
Calibrate IMU using original process
"Upgrade" to psycho firmware
Don't calibrate anything
Test  
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-25 09:05
Can somebody upload a copy of the new flawed firmware. Id like to try to load it with DUMLdore and try to flash it several times. Its possible that the same problem we were having with all the data not writing the first time and causing the obstacle avoidance to not work could be the issue the new firmware isnt writing on the first try. Assistant 2 could wipe the data first then wright whereas DUMLdore is over writing. Id like to test that theory.

Which is precisely what I proposed previously. Icer's roll-up link (#680 something?) has .602 as well.
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 09:40
I'd say it's more subtle for me. Some of the examples on here are quite obvious but I reckon there are quite a few new pilots out there that just aren't tuned in to how their bird SHOULD behave and think it's business as usual/

Have to agree with you. Mine flys fine, just has an occasional 'hiccup' and not able to do a stable hover (other than the jerks, it drifts slightly around, like it's trying hard to compensate for a gentle breeze). I wonder how many people saying their's is OK have done a simple hover test at 5-10m into the air in front of them and watched?
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 11:15
Out of interest, do any of the ORIGINAL beta testers have a backup of the original beta firmware from early this year? All reports suggested that the beta was largely stable. If people could get their hands on it, that might be worth playing with.

Yeah, my heart sank when that occured to me too, SED. If I had the Harry Potter tool, and had read of all the issues, I wouldn't have done the upgrade using Assistant 2, and backed the Beta FW up first. I was too keen to get off the Beta FW, and I just jumped into it.
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 13:58
Have to agree with you. Mine flys fine, just has an occasional 'hiccup' and not able to do a stable hover (other than the jerks, it drifts slightly around, like it's trying hard to compensate for a gentle breeze). I wonder how many people saying their's is OK have done a simple hover test at 5-10m into the air in front of them and watched?

Have you tried descending and going forward at the same time?
Mine feels like bronc riding.
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My symptoms seem almost identical. My first flight, I freaked out because all of my senses were magnified, looking for oddities in behaviour. Since then, it is an occasional blip and I have drained a full battery with it sat in front on me. Speed the footage up and it looks like it is doing the river dance.

But I think if this were my first (or tenth or thirtieth) flight, I could easily mistake these characteristics as 'normal'.  
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 13:48
There is another common denominator - many of the people reporting no issues say that they didn't do an IMU calibration using the new procedure. So it might be worth testing:

Roll back to 602

Good thinking, but isn't the IMU calibrate process driven by the GO app? You may need to downgrade the app to say, v4.1.0, to achieve that perhaps.
2017-7-25
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 13:48

Roll back to 602

Doing that right now.
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 14:12
Good thinking, but isn't the IMU calibrate process driven by the GO app? You may need to downgrade the app to say, v4.1.0, to achieve that perhaps.

If Go recognises the old firmware, I'm fairly certain it will provide the old calibration process too? After all, there will be plenty of users that haven't updated firmware but have updated app. Even then, it's not impossible to roll back app version. If anyone wants instructions on how to roll back  app versions on iOS devices - let me know. If we don't have a fix by the weekend, I may test this all myself (the first chance I'll have to mess around)
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Great stuff. Let us know how you get on!! Also may be worth using the third party app for the whole process and doing the double flash thing on the new firmware? So many variables!
2017-7-25
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 14:16
If Go recognises the old firmware, I'm fairly certain it will provide the old calibration process too? After all, there will be plenty of users that haven't updated firmware but have updated app. Even then, it's not impossible to roll back app version. If anyone wants instructions on how to roll back  app versions on iOS devices - let me know. If we don't have a fix by the weekend, I may test this all myself (the first chance I'll have to mess around)

The GO App recognizes the old firmware, it does offer the old calibration process.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

So is the downgrade done when you hear the start up tune? I heard it twice now and not sure if it's done?
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I think your spot on man. I think a lot of people that report no issues are just not seeing them. I may be wrong. Its amazing how many people are running around saying that the thousands of us that had issues were just updating it wrong. Yeah, we ALL did the update wrong, sure.
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-25 15:14
So is the downgrade done when you hear the start up tune? I heard it twice now and not sure if it's done?

The GO app will tell you all the versions it see's (app, RC, craft, database, etc).
2017-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Trump Posted at 2017-7-25 03:50
"And while all you small time tinkerers are playing with the existing code"

Wow Geebax. I don't think you have a clue how intelligent these small time tinkerers are, then again, I wouldn't expect you would. About all you seem to be good at is insulting people.

Sigh, more of the koolaid crap. You are getting very boring, and it has no relevance to this discussion.

But you would be wrong, I have significant experience in designing cutting edge hardware and software designs, and I know exactly how easy it is to disguise what you are doing. Every Phantom aircraft has significant amounts of FPGA technology in it, and it takes a long while to figure out how the gates are wired and what they do. By the time you do that, DJI have changed it all and moved on to the next model.  
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-25 14:16

Yeah, like you, if I hear nothing further from DJI I'm going for the downgrade. But the things I don't want to loose are the horizon fix and battery compatibility with my P4P (which this version finally gave back).

But thinking on the latter. The battery firmware should be quite separate and non-dependent in it's operation from other controller firmware applied to the craft. The same couldn't be said between gimbal controller and IMU logic, for example. Icer's version of Harry Potter download (sorry, still can't shake Dumbledore) incorporates a module break down of each version, with application of modules guided by the cfg file. So each firmware is a compiled set of jigsaw parts, with the cfg file being the instruction manual. Now, if I could work out which module was the battery firmware, and substitute the module from latest into November's (editing the cfg file to reflect), would this work?

Hey, I'm not ballsy enough to try it, but just wondering... ;-) Not interested in turning my P4 into a SuperNova just yet.
2017-7-25
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 16:22
Yeah, like you, if I hear nothing further from DJI I'm going for the downgrade. But the things I don't want to loose are the horizon fix and battery compatibility with my P4P (which this version finally gave back).

But thinking on the latter. The battery firmware should be quite separate and non-dependent in it's operation from other controller firmware applied to the craft. The same couldn't be said between gimbal controller and IMU logic, for example. Icer's version of Harry Potter download (sorry, still can't shake Dumbledore) incorporates a module break down of each version, with application of modules guided by the cfg file. So each firmware is a compiled set of jigsaw parts, with the cfg file being the instruction manual. Now, if I could work out which module was the battery firmware, and substitute the module from latest into November's (editing the cfg file to reflect), would this work?

Why would you lose battery compatibility if you downgraded?  You were previously on beta FW, right?  If you downgrade, downgrade to the working release version.  Why on earth would you go back to a beta version that you were so eager to get away from?  No issues with my P4P batteries here.
2017-7-25
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI has nothing to say yet? You guys just proved the old firmware is stable and they are still thinking?
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-7-25 16:33
Why would you lose battery compatibility if you downgraded?  You were previously on beta FW, right?  If you downgrade, downgrade to the working release version.  Why on earth would you go back to a beta version that you were so eager to get away from?  No issues with my P4P batteries here.

Well, I'm not understanding how. One of the latest P4P updates put the battery firmware out-of-sync again from the P4 beta, which already was at a different level to the last prod P4 firmware.
Just so we are on the same page, which P4 firmware are you using which incorporates a compatible firmware to which P4P firmware you're using? Are you saying that your P4 is on v1.2.602 and your P4P is on v1.04.0602, and you can move batteries between craft without a 'firmware incompatible' message?

Edit: I note that your registration details say that you only own a P4.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans5c24ca55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708428 ft
Puerto Rico

I have the same problem
2017-7-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I just downgraded one of my batteries that I had updated with my old p4. I started the app and it said "incompatible hardware" and it had a slide bar that said slide to update or something to that effect. I slid the bar and it started updating (actually downgrading). It would not give me an option to "go fly" so I just sat there and eventually it finished and the "go fly" option came up. There was no indication that is was updating other than it said it would when I slid the bar. I just waited it out and it finished. I went for a test flight and everything was good.
2017-7-25
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-25 16:21
Sigh, more of the koolaid crap. You are getting very boring, and it has no relevance to this discussion.

But you would be wrong, I have significant experience in designing cutting edge hardware and software designs, and I know exactly how easy it is to disguise what you are doing. Every Phantom aircraft has significant amounts of FPGA technology in it, and it takes a long while to figure out how the gates are wired and what they do. By the time you do that, DJI have changed it all and moved on to the next model.

Geebax, why don't you try this. Design a program that shuts your insulting mouth. If you can do that, you will prove yourself, otherwise, well, ......shut your insulting mouth ... certainly with all due respect. I will make you a deal. You quit drinking the Kool-Aid, any I will never mention it again.

In a twisted sort of way, I do admire your arrogance!

I offer a truce, after all, we are on the same team ..... right?

Have a good night My Friend, even though it is day there, I think.

2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-25 19:11
I just downgraded one of my batteries that I had updated with my old p4. I started the app and it said "incompatible hardware" and it had a slide bar that said slide to update or something to that effect. I slid the bar and it started updating (actually downgrading). It would not give me an option to "go fly" so I just sat there and eventually it finished and the "go fly" option came up. There was no indication that is was updating other than it said it would when I slid the bar. I just waited it out and it finished. I went for a test flight and everything was good.

You're talking about the Go app, right Duc? So you downgraded using Dumbledore, and fired up GO to see the incompatible firmware message? Had you changed battery to another to get that message? Because the firmware should have downgraded the battery (to be compatible) as part of the 1.2.602 firmware package.
2017-7-25
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

JockC Posted at 2017-7-24 16:02
I agree it's great that a workaround appears to have been found but it's a little confusing that there appears to be three different links to the downgrade package in these threads. The first one I noticed was the separate post by gyrex. Are the others based on this one or are they variants of that initial package? I don't think it makes sense to have multiple links, especially if the original one gets updated at some stage. Perhaps the posters of the other links should refer back to the original link instead of creating new ones.

Hi,
Firmware that I post in my link is from these forum and well working drones. Firmware are tested on 70+ P4 and works great. Can not say nothing about other links.
Thanks.
2017-7-25
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-24 17:25
Hi Icer.
It's interesting that you found that flashing the P4 twice with v.602 had the same outcome as flashing with v.503 first and Then with V.602. Makes you kinda wonder what the effect of flashing twice with v02.00.0106 would do...

Hi,
Yes, it's true that flashing 602 twice make same thing like flash 503 and then 602.
2017-7-25
Use props
jezzab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
Australia

Icer Posted at 2017-7-25 21:42
Hi,
Firmware that I post in my link is from these forum and well working drones. Firmware are tested on 70+ P4 and works great. Can not say nothing about other links.
Thanks.

The original is on github
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,
Thanks.

And for Jock's benefit (and others), the link is at post #692.

Btw, can you confirm what I believe I've been reading, Icer - that those successfully downgraded are now prompted by the DJI app to upgrade again i.e. the app see's it as a legitimate older FW installation? Also, using this logic, if you have multiple batteries which need to be downgraded too, using Assistant 2 from that point to refresh the installation (at the earlier firmware level) should work too.
2017-7-25
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Zike Posted at 2017-7-24 18:57
Hi,

You may want to contact gyrex about the FW 01.02.0602.

Hi,
Firmware 602 in my package from new P4 that come from factory.
Thanks.
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, but Icer's post #692 is inclusive of all firmware .bin files. People should go there - the work to pull it together has been done for them.
2017-7-25
Use props
jezzab
lvl.2
Australia

Hi,
Thanks.

The original
https://github.com/jezzab/DUMLdore
2017-7-25
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

beeper Posted at 2017-7-24 23:43
Hi Everyone
Just an update I have removed the link on 637# for V01.02.0503 firmware. Please down load the complete package from Icer's post 692#. I have done this to hopefully stop confusion. Thanks Icer for all your work on this.

Thanks beeper.
2017-7-25
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

jezzab Posted at 2017-7-25 21:50
The original is on github

Of course there are firmware that appears in the internet first.
2017-7-25
Use props
jezzab
lvl.2
Australia

Icer Posted at 2017-7-25 22:03
Of course there are firmware that appears in the internet first.

No that is the original DUMLdore software you are using to flash. I would suggest visiting it for updates in the future.
2017-7-25
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 21:51
And for Jock's benefit (and others), the link is at post #692.

Btw, can you confirm what I believe I've been reading, Icer - that those successfully downgraded are now prompted by the DJI app to upgrade again i.e. the app see's it as a legitimate older FW installation? Also, using this logic, if you have multiple batteries which need to be downgraded too, using Assistant 2 from that point to refresh the installation (at the earlier firmware level) should work too.

After downgrade to 602, GO4 will see that you have an older firmware and offer to make upgrade to 106, just ignore it.
If you have second battery you need downgrade battery firmware by one more drone flash with 602 with target battery inserted.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules