Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

jezzab Posted at 2017-7-25 21:55
The original
https://github.com/jezzab/DUMLdore

I know there is located original firmware
Thanks.
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jezzab Posted at 2017-7-25 22:05
No that is the original DUMLdore software you are using to flash. I would suggest visiting it for updates in the future.

OK - thanks, jezzab
2017-7-25
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Switzerland

Did the rollback and my p4 flies as smooth as before. A big thank you to the entire community for the solution!
2017-7-25
Use props
RICO RAMS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220390 ft
Mexico

Some video (step for step),      Thanks.

2017-7-25
Use props
fans57c609c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29213 ft
Australia

Power to the people, Thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
Grumpy Old Man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37795 ft
Australia

Sorry guys, but mine is flying perfectly after the upgrade. Even better than when I first bought it many months ago. The smart return home is fantastic too, you can see it correcting as it descends and lands within an inch of take off (from over 1km away).
I had the same problems as some when upgrading with it locking at 99% for ages, then reporting upgrade complete but the controller still beeping, then bricked after restart. Followed forum instructions to reset and it upgraded fine after that.
After reading all the horror stories, before I flew I reset everything I could reset to factory, deleted / cleared all logs etc. Basically scrolled through every menu option and cleared / reset everything.
Then I calibrated the IMU with that fancy new method where you manually lean the craft in all axis, then calibrated the compass. Then and only then I went for a fly.
FANTASTIC!! Flies like a dream, had no disconnects, no jerking or correcting. The idle speed before takeoff is nice and quiet (slower props), Hovered perfectly at different heights and flew straight with no issue.
The APP is at 4.1.3, the RC is 1.9.2, the Aircraft Database is 01.00.01.04 and the APP Database is 01.00.01.04.
GOM
2017-7-26
Use props
Arctica
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768143 ft
Sweden

I downgraded to FW 602 and the bird flew just fine now.
BUT - the last 6 months I have had big problems with the horizon being tilted, even when every time calibrating when it was in the sky. And when I was on "Psycho Firmware" that problem went away. Hugely frustrating to know that there is a solution to this problem, but it makes the P4 unflyable to have it applied :-)
2017-7-26
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Arctica Posted at 2017-7-26 00:24
I downgraded to FW 602 and the bird flew just fine now.
BUT - the last 6 months I have had big problems with the horizon being tilted, even when every time calibrating when it was in the sky. And when I was on "Psycho Firmware" that problem went away. Hugely frustrating to know that there is a solution to this problem, but it makes the P4 unflyable to have it applied :-)

I'd prefer to have a slightly tilted horizon than risk having a drone which has the potential to cause significant personal damage to others and property.
2017-7-26
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Punchbuggy
What firmware did you have before you went onto the Beta Firmware? The reason I ask is if you didn't upgrade from FW V01.02.0602 to the Beta then maybe we might be better off upgrading to the new firmware from V01.02.0503 this may fill in some gaps that could be causing the problems with the IMU or sensors.
2017-7-26
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-24 04:59
Hi All,
I totally understand how you feel now, sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Our engineers are aware of this situation and working on it now.

Hi Natalia
Can you please update us on the status of Beta Firmware and the repairs to the latest firmware?
2017-7-26
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

RICO RAMS Posted at 2017-7-25 23:29
Some video (step for step),      Thanks.

I can do a video later on and post it.
2017-7-26
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

beeper Posted at 2017-7-26 00:40
Hi Punchbuggy
What firmware did you have before you went onto the Beta Firmware? The reason I ask is if you didn't upgrade from FW V01.02.0602 to the Beta then maybe we might be better off upgrading to the new firmware from V01.02.0503 this may fill in some gaps that could be causing the problems with the IMU or sensors.

Exactly what I was thinking to try, downgrade to 503 then update to the latest. I will try it during the day...
2017-7-26
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I haven’t experienced any jerky movements since the update. Maybe it’s the hardware revision of the Phantom 4’s that have some sort of issue. Presuming there are some slight differences. Mine hovers like it did before using vps. And flys stable with no bucking like others have experienced. Weather bad here where I am so can’t do a proper flight test.
2017-7-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-26 01:28
Exactly what I was thinking to try, downgrade to 503 then update to the latest. I will try it during the day...

Can you also try calibrating IMU on 503 and then try your first flight without calibrating IMU on new firmware? I'm still hopeful that this new procedure plays a role in some of the issues.
2017-7-26
Use props
Zimmerman 61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 730052 ft

Australia

Crazyant Posted at 2017-7-26 01:27
I can do a video later on and post it.

Crazy ant that would be great. I want to downgrade my P4 but am a little confused with all the procedures and flashing etc. A video would make things clearer. The fix with all the reference to firmware flashing is a little beyond my computer levels, but I am a quick learner.

Thanks
2017-7-26
Use props
Zike
lvl.1
France

It would be interesting to know if the issue with the new firmware is global.

Anyone in Europe with the specific CE radio limitation/frequency also has the issue with the new firmware ?
2017-7-26
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-7-26 01:33
I haven’t experienced any jerky movements since the update. Maybe it’s the hardware revision of the Phantom 4’s that have some sort of issue. Presuming there are some slight differences. Mine hovers like it did before using vps. And flys stable with no bucking like others have experienced. Weather bad here where I am so can’t do a proper flight test.

Can you try a short Draw mode fly and see if it wobbles at the end of the flight, please?
2017-7-26
Use props
fans5c24ca55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708428 ft
Puerto Rico

Ihave the same. Puerto Rico
2017-7-26
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Show ... flying like a glider after the downgrade ... thanks for the suggestions, Mr. Hobbit
2017-7-26
Use props
Bluefly
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem after the latest firmware update. The drone is having trouble staying still. In a no wind environment near the ground the drone is wobbling all over the place. When at about 150 ft i was getting a high wind warning when i know there was no wind. I tried to fly it in a straight line and it drifted so bad i thought i had turned the GPS off. To make things worse my photos i took had a lot of red and white dots on them. This was very embarrassing for me because i was doing my first paid mission taking pictures for a real estate agent. I thought maybe it was the sun or some small problem so i got permission  to go back another day and same problem. This is terrible. Please help DJI.
2017-7-26
Use props
Bluefly
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am also having problems with my photos having red dots.

CDEF84F9008DD6F7FA04104E5D303964_edited.jpg
2017-7-26
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-7-26 05:34
Show ... flying like a glider after the downgrade ... thanks for the suggestions, Mr. Hobbit

Sorry the correct name is Hobbyist...rsrsrsrssr...
2017-7-26
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Zike Posted at 2017-7-26 04:20
It would be interesting to know if the issue with the new firmware is global.

Anyone in Europe with the specific CE radio limitation/frequency also has the issue with the new firmware ?

Yes, of course. The issue is global
2017-7-26
Use props
fans5c24ca55
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-19 18:33
Hi All,
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we care much about your feedback and are working to locate where the issue persists recently.
For the shaking situation you reported, would you please leave your dji accounts (e-mail address) here? I will forward your accounts to engineers to provide you the beta firmware.

jdiaz050878@hotmail.com
2017-7-26
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 21:40
You're talking about the Go app, right Duc? So you downgraded using Dumbledore, and fired up GO to see the incompatible firmware message? Had you changed battery to another to get that message? Because the firmware should have downgraded the battery (to be compatible) as part of the 1.2.602 firmware package.

Yeah ive got 2 batteries. The second battery was updated with the latest firmware with my old p4. The first time I put it in my new p4 I got the incompatibility warning and the go4 app  downgraded it automatically.I didnt have to downgrade my new p4. I never updated it. Its my firmware backup that everyone is using to downgrade. I backed it up with DUMLdore and posted the backup.

2017-7-26
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Zimmerman 61 Posted at 2017-7-26 02:41
Crazy ant that would be great. I want to downgrade my P4 but am a little confused with all the procedures and flashing etc. A video would make things clearer. The fix with all the reference to firmware flashing is a little beyond my computer levels, but I am a quick learner.

Thanks

Its really easy. It sounds much more involved than what it really is. You dont have to load multiple versions of the firmware. You just have to flash it a couple of times so that all the data is written. When we say "flash" it just means you select the "flash" tab again after it finishes the first time. Basically you just download the DUMLdore file and when its done click on it and an option to unzip will appear at the top of the window. You click unzip and it will ask you where you want it unzipped to. Just right click on your desktop and select "new folder" and a new folder will appear on your desktop and then you just name it what you want to call it. When you unzip DUMLdore you will select that folder you just made and it will unzip to there. Then you just go to that folder and select the second file down. Then DUMLdore will open and you will see a window with 3 tabs, "Backup", "load", and "flash". Hook up your p4 to the micro usb cable it came with and plug it in your usb. First you select "backup" and it will save your current firmware into the DUMLdore folder. You really wont need it again but its just good practice to back it up just in case. After you download the firmware file 0602 you will select "load" and it will pop up a window that asks you what file you want to load. Select the firmware file you downloaded (0602) and then select flash. It will wright it to the p4 and after its done select flash again. After it finishes your done. You only need one of the firmware files. You can use either one but most people are using 0602.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans5c24ca55
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

https://youtu.be/Q6CT3a2T2YA
2017-7-26
Use props
fans5c24ca55
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

My vid of the stability problem
https://youtu.be/d8JxNEEv5lw
2017-7-26
Use props
fansd1247f6a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932 ft
United States

the above post worked for me  i was sick over the update total crap but i did what he said and its all back
2017-7-26
Use props
fansd1247f6a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-7-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Any update on this mate?
2017-7-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

beeper Posted at 2017-7-26 00:40
Hi Punchbuggy

Hi Beeper.
I'm one of the thrill-seekers here. Whenever there's a new firmware, I upgrade. So prior to the Beta I was on the most recent prod FW at that time - v01.02.0602.
I wish I knew about Dumbledore before I upgraded to the latest. If I had it, I'd have backed-up the beta FW before testing the new one. I'd much rather go back to that than v01.02.0602. And, yes, I realise how ironic that comment sounds after that massive thread over the last 6 months...
2017-7-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-26 15:15
Are you friends with any of the other beta testers. I can't believe there isn't someone out there - maybe that hasn't [cough] 'upgraded' from the beta yet?

Sadly no, SED. And no idea of how to reach out now other than a blatant forum thread. I think I'll do that.

Edit: Done. The net has been thrown out.
2017-7-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-26 15:08
Hi Beeper.
I'm one of the thrill-seekers here. Whenever there's a new firmware, I upgrade. So prior to the Beta I was on the most recent prod FW at that time - v01.02.0602.
I wish I knew about Dumbledore before I upgraded to the latest. If I had it, I'd have backed-up the beta FW before testing the new one. I'd much rather go back to that than v01.02.0602. And, yes, I realise how ironic that comment sounds after that massive thread over the last 6 months...

Are you friends with any of the other beta testers. I can't believe there isn't someone out there - maybe that hasn't [cough] 'upgraded' from the beta yet?
2017-7-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-26 15:14
Sadly no, SED. And no idea of how to reach out now other than a blatant forum thread. I think I'll do that.

I think that's a good shout. Would be the ideal resting point to wait for this ****show to die down!
2017-7-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-26 15:21
I think that's a good shout. Would be the ideal resting point to wait for this ****show to die down!

Hey, I think so too, SED. The Beta, from my perspective, worked fine - had 'limp gimbal' once, but otherwise OK. The issue mainly was that it was just that - a Beta, with nowhere to go. Well, at least until Dumbledore became available anyway...
2017-7-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-26 15:31
Hey, I think so too, SED. The Beta, from my perspective, worked fine - had 'limp gimbal' once, but otherwise OK. The issue mainly was that it was just that - a Beta, with nowhere to go. Well, at least until Dumbledore became available anyway...

Just wish it had become available during our 6 month struggle! I could have upgraded to the beta and you could have rolled back
2017-7-26
Use props
yacowaco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3867631 ft
Mexico

Hi, do you get rid of the area flying restrictions in the downgrade gone? fly near an airport area?
2017-7-26
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

With the simple thing is to be able to put an option in Assitant to return to the previous firmware, but it had to be a private user that offers that solution and meanwhile DJI looking the other way.
2017-7-26
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-26 15:08
Hi Beeper.

Hi Punchbuggy
Well, that stuffs up what I was thinking. I was hoping that you upgraded from V01-02-0503 to the Beta. Also when you did the Beta testing was there a second round of testing where DJI fixed up issues that the Beta testers found? Or has DJI fixed(or thought they fixed) up the issues that the beta testers found and just released it to the public without a second round of testing? Still, doesn't answer why some people have no issues with the new firmware.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules