Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiguelAngel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25479 ft

Spain

Hello All,
with this metod you are using for getting an old firmware would be possible to get the last beta and upload to P4 with an option of going back to the official?
best regards,
MA
2017-7-27
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

Latest app 4.1.4 compatible with the downgraded firmware?
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

beeper Posted at 2017-7-27 00:10
Hi Punchbuggy
Well, that stuffs up what I was thinking. I was hoping that you upgraded from V01-02-0503 to the Beta. Also when you did the Beta testing was there a second round of testing where DJI fixed up issues that the Beta testers found? Or has DJI fixed(or thought they fixed) up the issues that the beta testers found and just released it to the public without a second round of testing? Still, doesn't answer why some people have no issues with the new firmware.

Beeper, to my knowledge there was only one beta - .0012. It went dormant for 6 months before being merged with updates from the new generation and finally released as a buggy prod release.

I've started a thread to try to find someone still with the P4 beta. It's still a better firmware than what was just released...
2017-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-27 01:46
Beeper, to my knowledge there was only one beta - .0012. It went dormant for 6 months before being merged with updates from the new generation and finally released as a buggy prod release.

I've started a thread to try to find someone still with the P4 beta. It's still a better firmware than what was just released...

How did you come off the Beta, did the latest build become visible in Assistant 2 ? Or was it pushed as a file directly to the beta testers ?

If you went back to Beta, would updating in future pose any problems.
2017-7-27
Use props
Zimmerman 61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 730052 ft

Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-26 07:38
Its really easy. It sounds much more involved than what it really is. You dont have to load multiple versions of the firmware. You just have to flash it a couple of times so that all the data is written. When we say "flash" it just means you select the "flash" tab again after it finishes the first time. Basically you just download the DUMLdore file and when its done click on it and an option to unzip will appear at the top of the window. You click unzip and it will ask you where you want it unzipped to. Just right click on your desktop and select "new folder" and a new folder will appear on your desktop and then you just name it what you want to call it. When you unzip DUMLdore you will select that folder you just made and it will unzip to there. Then you just go to that folder and select the second file down. Then DUMLdore will open and you will see a window with 3 tabs, "Backup", "load", and "flash". Hook up your p4 to the micro usb cable it came with and plug it in your usb. First you select "backup" and it will save your current firmware into the DUMLdore folder. You really wont need it again but its just good practice to back it up just in case. After you download the firmware file 0602 you will select "load" and it will pop up a window that asks you what file you want to load. Select the firmware file you downloaded (0602) and then select flash. It will wright it to the p4 and after its done select flash again. After it finishes your done. You only need one of the firmware files. You can use either one but most people are using 0602.

Thanks for that Duchunter that makes total sense. I will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks to yourself and the others on this forum for finding a solution. Much appreciated.

Have a good one

Zimmerman
2017-7-27
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

OK people I have just updated to the latest from the downgraded version on my P4, I used the Assistant 2 to do the drone as the Controller was still on the latest version from the DJI App, I have done a flight test and I have to say I have not found anything so far to be  with wrong  my P4 now, I was having issues of speed on forward and backwards and up and down, now all gone, jerky movement when in hover mode, all gone and now it seams to be performing how it should have the first time and have all the extra modes on the drone now, regards TJK.
2017-7-27
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-7-27 03:14
OK people I have just updated to the latest from the downgraded version on my P4, I used the Assistant 2 to do the drone as the Controller was still on the latest version from the DJI App, I have done a flight test and I have to say I have not found anything so far to be  with wrong  my P4 now, I was having issues of speed on forward and backwards and up and down, now all gone, jerky movement when in hover mode, all gone and now it seams to be performing how it should have the first time and have all the extra modes on the drone now, regards TJK.

I would  be interested to hear if this also works for other owners who have downgraded. If they can downgrade and then upgrade to the latest firmware again with no instability then it may be worth a try.
2017-7-27
Use props
MiguelAngel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25479 ft

Spain

JockC Posted at 2017-7-27 03:17
I would  be interested to hear if this also works for other owners who have downgraded. If they can downgrade and then upgrade to the latest firmware again with no instability then it may be worth a try.

Maybe the firm is fixed and is different even with the same version number...
Your idea is very interesting.
MA
2017-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So it could be the firmware updating procedure that may be a bit flawed rather than the firmware. Is everybody using latest version of Assistant 2 as opposed to an older version installed sometime ago  ?
2017-7-27
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've downgraded and upgraded to the latest, still jerks like crazy.
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

pllphoto Posted at 2017-7-27 03:33
I've downgraded and upgraded to the latest, still jerks like crazy.

Can I confirm without ANY IMU cal after update?
2017-7-27
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I did not do any IMU or compass calibrations after I updated with assistant 2 just took her out in the field and turned her on waited for her to do her thing then took off to a hover height of 3 feet and saw that she was stable for 3 or 4 mins then took her out to about 100 feet full speed and returned full speed the took her up to 120 Meters  and she sat there with no issues, brought her down and then had a fly about over the ground and done a RTH and that was fine also. Regards TJK.
2017-7-27
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-27 03:53

I did not do any IMU or compass calibrations after I updated with assistant 2 just took her out in the field and turned her on waited for her to do her thing then took off to a hover height of 3 feet and saw that she was stable for 3 or 4 mins then took her out to about 100 feet full speed and returned full speed the took her up to 120 Meters  and she sat there with no issues, brought her down and then had a fly about over the ground and done a RTH and that was fine also. Regards TJK.
2017-7-27
Use props
aguilera_br
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18507 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Have a look at expo settings. I got mine messed up after a firmware upgrade once.
2017-7-27
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

The only thing I felt was that the landing is not very efficient as the 02.00.206 version ...
2017-7-27
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-27 03:31
So it could be the firmware updating procedure that may be a bit flawed rather than the firmware. Is everybody using latest version of Assistant 2 as opposed to an older version installed sometime ago  ?

Yes I have used the latest version, reinstall it again and did the update but the Drone is still unstable
2017-7-27
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-27 03:53

What I did at first was downgrade to 503 then to 602 then to version 2 (latest firmware) then did a calibration, flys terrible. So I redid everything again, i went to 503 again, to 602, did a calibration on 602, then updated to the latest firmware and did not do a calibration for the latest version. Still flies terribly. I put the Phantom 4 back into my case. New firmware shall be announced soon.
2017-7-27
Use props
Pokerormen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243150 ft
Sweden

New firmware and has now flown about 120 minutes with a much more stable machine and with significantly better image quality. No disturbances and no fault. My phantom is purchased in Norway and is flying in Sweden. Drive with ipad mini with g4. Very pleased with the latest update and know everyone who got your machines in chaos .. Mvh Salmon fish
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-27 01:52
How did you come off the Beta, did the latest build become visible in Assistant 2 ? Or was it pushed as a file directly to the beta testers ?

If you went back to Beta, would updating in future pose any problems.

Hi Aa. Yup. Initially ther latest P4 release didn't appear in Assistant 2 (only the Beta for refresh), but after complaint it was referred to engineers and then it appeared for update. All of this is clearly driven by flags in our DJI account - I would guess that a 'global' flag is overridden by an 'individual' flag (for selective access to a beta, for example).

And no, I don't believe if I went back to the Beta I would be stuck there again, as I could see .106 to upgrade this time. Also, we now have the tool to put any version onto our craft (assuming availability of the .bin file), so can spoof whichever version required now.
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-27 03:31

Yeah, I agree with you. I've been wondering why the update process has such variable success, and that would explain it. Of the firmware releases captured in Icer's Dumbledore collection, the only one I have real confidence in is the .602 which Duc provided from his new P4 (if I got that right, Duc). The others were captured, to my understanding, as update downloads.

Two interesting points of note from this amazing thread; firstly, each firmware release is a collection of individual controller updates applied one-by-one, as guided by the master .cfg file. Secondly, the flash process Must be done twice, as the first flash doesn't apply all individual updates on the craft. My take from the last is that the first flash may not apply drivers already existing at the same (or more recent) version level, but doing it twice is like a 'brute force' approach - desirable should the existing driver have been corrupted on download.

Personally, I'm thinking that the best approach for DJI from here is to change their whole approach to craft updates. DJI should simply make available their firmware release as a single .bin file, like their P4P+ controller, which can be downloaded with integrity checking, then applied locally. The current issues are most likely caused by corruption on downloading from highly conjested DJI servers, with further latency introduced via internet links, home WiFi, etc. I wonder what file integrity checking is done during the current DJU Assistant 2 process.

But, of course, I'm just making observations, and my conclusions could be cr@p... hehe
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-27 15:54
Yeah, I agree with you. I've been wondering why the update process has such variable success, and that would explain it. Of the firmware releases captured in Icer's Dumbledore collection, the only one I have real confidence in is the .602 which Duc provided from his new P4 (if I got that right, Duc). The others were captured, to my understanding, as update downloads.

Two interesting points of note from this amazing thread; firstly, each firmware release is a collection of individual controller updates applied one-by-one, as guided by the master .cfg file. Secondly, the flash process Must be done twice, as the first flash doesn't apply all individual updates on the craft. My take from the last is that the first flash may not apply drivers already existing at the same (or more recent) version level, but doing it twice is like a 'brute force' approach - desirable should the existing driver have been corrupted on download.

Would it be possible to take the BIN files from a handful of the success stories (using Dumbledore) and treat them as the source and run a checksum to compare the integrity of their files to those of us less fortunate ??
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-27 16:05
Would it be possible to take the BIN files from a handful of the success stories (using Dumbledore) and treat them as the source and run a checksum to compare the integrity of their files to those of us less fortunate ??

Sort of what I'vee been wondering SED. Perhaps some nice body with a clean flying P4 on the new release (.106) would like to backup their installation with Dumbledore and upload here so this can be done? Hallmark7, Vendex, Ercoupedriver, anyone?
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-27 16:13
Sort of what I'vee been wondering SED. Perhaps some nice body with a clean flying P4 on the new release (.106) would like to backup their installation with Dumbledore and upload here so this can be done? Hallmark7, anyone?

Of course the other way to test, would be to flash the bird with the 'clean' version a couple of times and see how it flies. But for the purposes of understanding what is going on, it would be good to know if there are differences. Not a developer (just a tech journo) but assume it could be done bit by bit or could generate a md5sum and then compare....
2017-7-27
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

Sooo...What if you use the Harry potter wizard to apply the new update twice? Lol, does it fix the instability issues? I might try to unupgrade my drone this weekend so I can fly my drone.
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mugrunty Posted at 2017-7-27 17:45
Sooo...What if you use the Harry potter wizard to apply the new update twice? Lol, does it fix the instability issues? I might try to unupgrade my drone this weekend so I can fly my drone.

Been suggested and tried - no difference. But please feel free to try - who knows.

But what I WOULD like to try, is if someone who has had a successful update to v.106 could use dumbledore to backup their installation and post it on the forum. My personal suspicion (and some others) is not with the firmware itself, but with the integrity of the Assistant 2 download and subsequent upload to the craft. Direct flashing of a 'sound' installation will confirm that.

Anyone who has had a successful installation please consider helping solve this enigma for your compadres. Oh, and DJI... ;-)
2017-7-27
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-27 18:30
Been suggested and tried - no difference. But please feel free to try - who knows.

But what I WOULD like to try, is if someone who has had a successful update to v.106 could use dumbledore to backup their installation and post it on the forum. My personal suspicion (and some others) is not with the firmware itself, but with the integrity of the Assistant 2 download and subsequent upload to the craft. Direct flashing of a 'sound' installation will confirm that.

I think that's a possibility. It will be interesting to see the results.
On another note, I see that DJI Go 4.1.5 has just been released only a day or two after 4.1.4. That seems odd. If I was a synical person, I might think that it was released in order to catch those who used the utility to downgrade their firmware and maybe force them to upgrade again. Probably not but, in any  case, I'll wait a few days after others have tried it before I update. I think we've seen too many dodgy firmware and app updates to simply assume that we should install them as soon as they're available.
2017-7-27
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

JockC Posted at 2017-7-27 19:02
I think that's a possibility. It will be interesting to see the results.
On another note, I see that DJI Go 4.1.5 has just been released only a day or two after 4.1.4. That seems odd. If I was a synical person, I might think that it was released in order to catch those who used the utility to downgrade their firmware and maybe force them to upgrade again. Probably not but, in any  case, I'll wait a few days after others have tried it before I update. I think we've seen too many dodgy firmware and app updates to simply assume that we should install them as soon as they're available.

I lost my map upgrading to 4.1.4 on iPad Pro 9.7. Still haven't received 4.1.5 yet. I agree. Way better off waiting.
2017-7-27
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

So updating to 4.1.4 -4.1.5??? Yes or no...wow what a nightmare!
2017-7-27
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Did anyone ever get the beta firmware that was promised?
2017-7-28
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

beeper Posted at 2017-7-28 02:08
Did anyone ever get the beta firmware that was promised?

Not yet, still waiting
2017-7-28
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

Flyin Ryan 420 Posted at 2017-7-27 19:19
I lost my map upgrading to 4.1.4 on iPad Pro 9.7. Still haven't received 4.1.5 yet. I agree. Way better off waiting.

re - install and you are gonna be ok!
2017-7-28
Use props
AlexDw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609514 ft

Russia

I have a Phantom 4 firmware 503, g to go 4.1.5 all works well.
2017-7-28
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

What I'd like to know is why this troubleshooting has to be done by the customers and not by DJI. Still no official response from DJI and all their customers are left having to try and resolve these issues that DJI have thrust upon them. This is truly disgraceful. No help or acknowledgement from the manufacturer whatsoever. This is no way to treat your customers and no way to run a business.
2017-7-28
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Zisojohn Posted at 2017-7-28 03:52

I am still running 4.1.3 on my I Pad 3 mini not seen the 4.1.4 or 4.1.5 update yet, even asked for it to check and came back saying was on the latest firmware on DJI Go 4, Regards TJK.
2017-7-28
Use props
AlexDw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609514 ft

Russia

I have a Phantom 4 firmware 503, DJI  GO 4.1.5  everything works well.
2017-7-28
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

gyrex Posted at 2017-7-28 04:43
What I'd like to know is why this troubleshooting has to be done by the customers and not by DJI. Still no official response from DJI and all their customers are left having to try and resolve these issues that DJI have thrust upon them. This is truly disgraceful. No help or acknowledgement from the manufacturer whatsoever. This is no way to treat your customers and no way to run a business.

Exactly! I have seen nothing from DJI to acknowledge there is an issue. Promised firmware by supposed DJI forum members only to be left in the cold. If that was my company I'd make some dam serious changes to my personnel lineup. I have been in the tech sector for 35+ years and I have never seen such bad service. Tech support is non existant. I fear that since some of the severe issues have been isolated and a way to roll back to previous versions of FW that DJI will be even more mute. (If that's even possible)
2017-7-28
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

I did. Reinstalled twice. Still no map. Even with 4.1.5 still no map.
2017-7-28
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

Well took a drive with iPad and boom map came back and all is well. Really appreciate you trying to help. Thank you
2017-7-28
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

Actually if I unlock rotation in maps close app and reopen map is gone. If I lock rotation and close app and reopen it's fine. Strange. Can you try this?
2017-7-28
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Dear DJI. Every day you don't communicate, don't fix the current firmware, don't allow us to load the previous firmware and don't resolve the long standing limitations such as the altitude restriction is another day that more users flock to the third party firmware loading solutions and hacks. You have lost control of your platform and you have only your management in China to blame. Whatever good will you hoped to achieve by placing restrictions on your products you have lost by encouraging hacking of your firmware. This was predictable from the beginning. You should have known it would happen.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules