Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans27dc0c8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

It's the sensor for the vps there is 2 kinds, 1 works, 1 doesn't and mine doesnt. You can't purchase the part you have to replace the gimbal so for me dji is disgraceful because they must know about this. It's disgusting
2017-8-30
Use props
HCADAMS3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219278 ft
United States

I've been posting my experiences to this and the PhantomPilots user group.   It's interesting to me that it seems that many people don't have an issue with the new firmware.   I wonder what the difference is between their set-up and mine.
So Far:
1) did update using Assistant and got shaky flights and other weird behavior.
2) using , I downgraded  the copter to v01.02.0602 and got flight stability and other weirdness stopped.
THEN
3) I re-upgraded to v02.00.0106 using app and got the same issues as #1 above so it's definitely the firmware on the copter.
4) I am re-downgrading doing #2 again and will try to get DJI to send me the beta mentioned in post  1298# .   
Here are the files I use to update my P4  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwdvxz6eJBrzWmJ1dnlBMzlLNGc
[url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwdvxz6eJBrzWmJ1dnlBMzlLNGc] and firmware link
[/url]
2017-8-30
Use props
HCADAMS3
lvl.1
United States

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwdvxz6eJBrzWmJ1dnlBMzlLNGc
2017-8-30
Use props
HCADAMS3
lvl.1
United States

HCADAMS3 Posted at 2017-8-30 08:59
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwdvxz6eJBrzWmJ1dnlBMzlLNGc

This is the link to DUMdlore files and the latest working version of the firmware. v01.02.0602 that I downgraded my copter to and have some better functionality.

If you don't know how to use DUBdlore there are youtube videos for it.

So far I have tried to update to the latest firmware 3 times using different methods, all with the same results of a very shaky flight and weird behavior.   If the beta mentioned above works, I will try to get a copy of that and flash the copter.   Will keep you informed
2017-8-30
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1515246 ft
Czechia

DJI why your customers have to resolve these issues on their own ? Are you aware of these serious issues and working on it ? Why there is no any statement made by DJI ?
2017-8-30
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Almost 2 months and nothing from DJI. Thats gotta be a new record.
2017-8-30
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I think the last firmware caused hardware injury and DJI doesn't know how to solve that. I've downgraded the firmware but my bird doesn't work was it used to be. A lot of warning messages (altitude limitation), gimbal stopping to wirk during the flight, etc etc etc. it's hovering well again, but I think they caused some hardware damege. I'm very annoyed the fact they doesn't give us an official response about that issues.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans494a97df
New
Flight distance : 23330 ft

United States

Well, I have a lot of the same issues that everyone has reported.  I opened a chat and discussed with a support person.  In the end, I got out of it:

Me:
"in general, there aren't a lot of people having issues with the latest firmware?"

Support:
"Yes correct, actually its just like this for example before the update the aircraft has an issue but it wont showing yet, then there is an firmware update happen what firmware update can do it can fix some issue and enhance the ability of the aircraft so if there's an faulty components or part that is the time you will going to faced some issue but this is just an example only we cant gurantee say yet the is the issue.".

Does anyone know how/where to gain the information to evaluate the log data to see what has been or what is being reported?

Thanks,
Rich
2017-8-30
Use props
deggimatt1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24478 ft

Malta

I have the same issues on the P4. Camera resets during flight on 4k 30fps. DO SOMETHING DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-8-30
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2017-8-30 14:27
I think the last firmware caused hardware injury and DJI doesn't know how to solve that. I've downgraded the firmware but my bird doesn't work was it used to be. A lot of warning messages (altitude limitation), gimbal stopping to wirk during the flight, etc etc etc. it's hovering well again, but I think they caused some hardware damege. I'm very annoyed the fact they doesn't give us an official response about that issues.

I

I think so the last FW messed up with the P4 hardware. In case, they can't fix this mess, Katana can take care of this useless wobbling machine!
2017-8-30
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

I really think it is time to expose the fraud that DJI has committed upon all these people that have trusted in them. If you can't see that this has happened you are blind. I have said for months that this is the beginning of the end for DJI. Stand by and watch this play out. What a shame. This is actually sad.

It is only a matter of time before this will end up in the courts. These people at DJI must think we are idiots, and cannot see through this smoke and mirror show. I am so sick of reading "May I know Your Case Number?" Nobody really cares about your case number. It is a stall tactic designed to make you think they are doing something about this. I truly hope nobody gets hurt over this. They are, and have done NOTHING!
2017-8-30
Use props
Giovanny
lvl.2
Brazil

I downgraded to the FW .602 and i'm happy with with my p4 working again!
Im a lawyer and it's a shame that DJI don't have any rep. here in Brazil, they realy deserve a wave of sue becuase of this negligence with their customers.
I'm truly disappointed with DJI after sales.
2017-8-30
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Giovanny Posted at 2017-8-30 19:48
Im a lawyer and it's a shame that DJI don't have any rep. here in Brazil, they realy deserve a wave of sue becuase of this negligence with their customers.

Is your bird sound like before this mess?
2017-8-30
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

HCADAMS3 Posted at 2017-8-30 08:53
I've been posting my experiences to this and the PhantomPilots user group.   It's interesting to me that it seems that many people don't have an issue with the new firmware.   I wonder what the difference is between their set-up and mine.
So Far:
1) did update using Assistant and got shaky flights and other weird behavior.

Cool.
Thanks at least for that. I stopped at ver.0105 and could not find the penultimate, which was also stable in my dron.
I read these posts and I have a sad suspicion that this last update actually damaged something electronically in the drones.
I will watch or see something new in the topic.
2017-8-30
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Giovanny Posted at 2017-8-30 19:48

Giovany...aqui em minha cidade uma boa parte do pessoal não atualizou...e quem o fez não deu problema....é claro, já que a Lei de Murphy se aplica à tudo que faço...o meu deu...rsrsrsrrs....estou ferrado...
2017-8-31
Use props
Giovanny
lvl.2
Brazil

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-8-31 04:20
Giovany...aqui em minha cidade uma boa parte do pessoal não atualizou...e quem o fez não deu problema....é claro, já que a Lei de Murphy se aplica à tudo que faço...o meu deu...rsrsrsrrs....estou ferrado...

Pois é, o meu ficou todo zuado hehe. Melhor coisa que tu faz é o downgrade, não dá pra confiar em voar com esse FW não, tá muito perigoso!
2017-8-31
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Giovanny Posted at 2017-8-31 05:13
Pois é, o meu ficou todo zuado hehe. Melhor coisa que tu faz é o downgrade, não dá pra confiar em voar com esse FW não, tá muito perigoso!

Me fala uma coisa, quando faz o downgrade da aeronave tem que fazer do rádio também...eu estou em dúvida...
2017-8-31
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58182 ft
United States

I experienced the exact same issue after upgrade, very aggressive in flight and both sticks "touchy".. I stopped flying, brought it home and upgraded the firmware once again. This is when things went south and could have a bricked aircraft.
2017-8-31
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
United States

Anyone have experience with DUMdlore and associated files to update Phantom 4 Pro firmware? Last ditch effort..
2017-8-31
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
United States

I could use some help getting the AC back in the air.. Assistant 2 stops at 17% with error. Corresponded with DJI and after 30 min.. came to the conclusion that there is a hardware issue with the AC. I understand that there may be a solution using DUMdlore and associated files to update my Phantom 4 Pro plus firmware? Should I bank on this prior to sending it out for repair?
2017-8-31
Use props
Giovanny
lvl.2
Brazil

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-8-31 06:54
Me fala uma coisa, quando faz o downgrade da aeronave tem que fazer do rádio também...eu estou em dúvida...

Eu fiz só da aeronave, tu tem que fazer o downgrade com cada bateria que tiver.
O meu RC tá com o último FW e o app tá na última versão também, por enquanto tá tudo certo, só não testei o RTH ainda, mas a instabilidade acabou e consigo gravar em 4k novamente!
Vou testar hj pra ver se o RTH ta funcionando certo, vai que tem alguma incompatibilidade do FW novo do controle com o drone né.
2017-8-31
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Slipstrm111 Posted at 2017-8-30 14:06
Almost 2 months and nothing from DJI. Thats gotta be a new record.

No, not even, we P4P+ owners was hit after the 9th of June
2017-8-31
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Denmark

fans62fcc81b Posted at 2017-8-28 22:06
Okay everyone, this is how I fixed my drone today. DJI finally sent thru firmware for the downgrade and also an upgrade to the Beta version. Do the UPGRADE via Assistant, because the downgrade will restrict you to 30m height and 50m distance which is useless. Once you upgrade to the beta version, then do a VPS calibration via assistant. Now if you cant see the dots on the calibration screen, lower your screen resolution and this will fix the problem. Once you've done the VPS calibration shut the drone down, take out the battery and let it cool for 30 mins. Then do a IMU calibration as soon as you start it up again. My drone is now flying smoothly and behaving how it should. If you havent got the Beta version, call DJI and hassle them and escalate until they send it to your account. Hope that helps everyone.

Just wondering, how is your range doing, video and distance range?
2017-8-31
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I think the P4 is done and dusted as a product line. DJI have no interest in fixing the massive failware problems and their engineers will focus on the Mavic Pro Platinum or whatever the name of the new drone is. DJI have no interest in maintaining their existing products, only pushing out new products.
2017-8-31
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
United States

I'm surprised these threads are still here and accessible, I know there have been many posts removed. I'd like to see this in the courts and  full recall or buyback.
2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Jeez I am so glad that it's not just Inspire 2 owners that are getting boned right now. We have a lot of Inspire 2 owners that say they have no issues ... But we have quite a few that are adamant about the firmware update causing very serious issues with their hardware.

Would be nice to have DJI get this sorted out all across the board, stop trying to make new drones until they have their existing lineup working properly.

It's not fair to us as customers of their business. I've seen a few people say it here, that their support and follow through after we purchase the product is a little less than desirable ... But I know that we've all seen the DJI technology at its best -- and functioning so well that it really does blow my mind. But the firmware that has hit our hardware is really such a disaster that I can't even begin to say how disheartening this experience has been.

Really looking forward to a legitimate acknowledgement and firmware fix ASAP. We've been grounded for way too long for having spent so much $ on our equipment.
2017-8-31
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Im Having the same problem your dev's need to fix this come on GPS and other stuff please fix this issue ;) Just got one as well
2017-8-31
Use props
deggimatt1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24478 ft

Malta

Any info on when the new firmware will be rolled out?
2017-8-31
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dunno but I sent my P4 in because it fell out of the sky (40% battery left, Sport Mode) and DJI said it had nothing to do with them and to pay $220 to repair it. So... yeah
2017-8-31
Use props
EliranHaliva
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139383 ft
Israel

Dji discover the idea make money
- Firmware  destroyed all Phantom 4 devices.

I think all customers need to get free repair if the P4 crash because the lame Firmware!!

2017-8-31
Use props
PeterHaigh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73409 ft

United Kingdom

I've contacted support and they have told me I need to send the unit back as from what they can tell the unit has developed a fault that it can only be fixed at their service centres.  It was flying fine, I got a message to say there was a firmware update, I did the update took it out again and it was behaving erratically.  Not happy.

Email back from their support and reads like a standard script!!

Dear Peter,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

We are very sorry to hear that you are having problem with IMU and Compass.
Unfortunately after troubleshooting we suggest that you send it to us for repair.

To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE

To check on the case status click: HERE

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
2017-8-31
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Denmark

deggimatt1 Posted at 2017-8-31 15:29
Any info on when the new firmware will be rolled out?

Possibly the day after our warranty expires and bricking them for good ...
i think best thing to do is going backwards to something that worked.
2017-9-1
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
United States

Stuxnet for DJI Phantom4.
2017-9-1
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

EliranHaliva Posted at 2017-8-31 20:06
Dji discover the idea make money
- Firmware  destroyed all Phantom 4 devices.

Sounds possible, but the problem with these firmwares is affecting Inspire, Mavic and Phantom ... so to me it sounds like a big "oops" in firmware quality control more than trying to cripple our aircraft to get us to buy a new one.

Really hoping for this to be addressed ASAP across all DJI products. I was actually thinking of getting a Mavic, but my confidence has been a bit jarred ...
2017-9-1
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441089 ft
United States

Slipstrm111 Posted at 2017-9-1 05:40
Stuxnet for DJI Phantom4.

best post yet
2017-9-2
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441089 ft
United States

Suddenly I am nostalgic for my Flamewheel.  This may sound like bluster, hyperbole, or sour grapes but I was super hot about getting a P4P but now I'm holding off because of this.  It's a shame b/c there's nothing else in DJI's league.

As an aside, I got a PM from someone asking if it's safe to downgrade but I can't figure out how to reply.  So here's my reply, I followed the directions and everything went perfect.  My P4, so far as I can tell, flies the same as it did before this disappointing firmware.  (I did get one strange error on one flight, but I think that was just 'one of those things'.)  Just make sure to flash it with the old firmware at least twice b/c once doesn't stick.  I'm no whiz and I managed to do it.  Follow the directions and you'll be fine.  Unless the firmware actually did some hardware damage as some are speculating, but I don't know anything about that.

Man, did I learn my lesson about automatically upgrading!  But in my defense that was before I knew about this forum.
2017-9-2
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I agree
dont complain anymore and roll back your phantom to 0602 it flies perfect again
and yes its safe and you have to flash twice.
there is anough info how to do it
2017-9-2
Use props
WWK888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4925 ft
United States

I still have the older version but now I am getting the Flight Restricted message on start up.  I logged off and back on to my account and still get the message.  I was about to chance the update thinking that is why it restricting my flight but after reading this I will not.  Any suggestion on how to get rid of the Flight Restriction warning?  Thanks!
2017-9-2
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804 ft
Lebanon

Mephistopheles Posted at 2017-9-2 06:32
Suddenly I am nostalgic for my Flamewheel.  This may sound like bluster, hyperbole, or sour grapes but I was super hot about getting a P4P but now I'm holding off because of this.  It's a shame b/c there's nothing else in DJI's league.

As an aside, I got a PM from someone asking if it's safe to downgrade but I can't figure out how to reply.  So here's my reply, I followed the directions and everything went perfect.  My P4, so far as I can tell, flies the same as it did before this disappointing firmware.  (I did get one strange error on one flight, but I think that was just 'one of those things'.)  Just make sure to flash it with the old firmware at least twice b/c once doesn't stick.  I'm no whiz and I managed to do it.  Follow the directions and you'll be fine.  Unless the firmware actually did some hardware damage as some are speculating, but I don't know anything about that.

Am getting my P4P tomorrow, you think I shouldn't update it?
2017-9-2
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Kassabe Posted at 2017-9-2 15:28
Am getting my P4P tomorrow, you think I shouldn't update it?

My opinion, don't update until DJI acknowledges all of the issues that many people are having. If you open the box, go for your first flight (without updating) and it is good, do not update.

We have had nothing but issues with the new firmware on Inspire 2.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules