Well it certainly has been fun...
3274 55 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Very sad nrgwise.  I know the pain, mine went down on my 17th flight.  Only clue I have to your demise is temperature.  You said this happened on your third battery.  If you went through the first two batteries, I assume you were outside for at least 30 minutes, probably more considering landing, battery changes. If that third battery was sitting outside the entire time, there was plenty of time to allow it to cool to the point of reduced current output, which may have caused the quick failure?  With no load on the battery, it may appear to have adequate charge, but when burning four motors plus all the electronics, maybe it was too much.

I bought another Hubsan X4 while I wait for DJI repair to respond.  My first Hubsan was sacrificed in the name of training to use the Phantom.  I flew the Hubsan too far and lost control of it and it was lost to the wilds.
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-21 03:23
Yeah I guess its just the lawyer in me that would jump all over them, and probably prematurely.  You ...

I would never give them a peach!
2015-3-20
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Oops.  Yeah don't give them a peach either.  
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-3-21 03:24
Very sad nrgwise.  I know the pain, mine went down on my 17th flight.  Only clue I have to your demi ...

Isn't that Hubsan a hoot to fly?  I love that little thing.

They were in the case and the case was closed.  That could produce the scenario you described.  My only counter to that is I flew all 4 batteries the other day and it was colder by 10 degrees.  But anything is possible.  Honestly, no matter what happened or why, I will get another Phantom and I will be flying it.  I will, however, change one thing - my camera will always be on.  No reason for it not to be really.  I have two 32G cards and the one day I did fly 4 batteries with the camera running the whole time the card wasn't even close to being full.  So no reason to not just click record before takeoff unless I want to take still shots.
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-3-21 03:24
Very sad nrgwise.  I know the pain, mine went down on my 17th flight.  Only clue I have to your demi ...

My first Hubsan was sacrificed in the name of training

My ex wife sacrificed her first hubsan and she tried to sacrifice me, but I was to quick,  I pushed her off the dock into the water and liquidated her.  
2015-3-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Thanks to guys on another RC forum, I was able to snag one around Christmas from Radio Shack for 30 bucks with a sale and coupon.  It even came with the prop guard, extra props, and a little prop tool.  I bought the same one recently.  I tried Bangood for a replacement 'copter, without remote, but the price was hardly below what it costs for the whole kit, so I got another one from Radio Shack.

Really is fun to fly, especially in low light so it is easier to see the lights and see what is front/back.  Was great practice before graduating to Phantom.
2015-3-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Hahah Gerry, you are killing me!
2015-3-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Yeah, I would keep cam on too.  You can always delete files at end of flying day.
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-3-21 03:37
Hahah Gerry, you are killing me!

What's a forum if we can't have a little fun once in a while.
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-21 03:40
What's a forum if we can't have a little fun once in a while.

Boring!  And probably empty and quiet too.  This is one of the most active forums I participate in.  Actually, the most active.
2015-3-20
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-3-21 00:07
To bad DJI doesn't sell just the phantom alone. So you don't have to buy all the things you don't ne ...

they do check B&H. I bought a P2v1 used like new a little while back for 349. very light and fun to fly when just messing around. no camera and stuff to destroy!

sorry on your phantoms crash ,
2015-3-20
Use props
lauxchet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

sorry for your loss
2015-3-20
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Bro....
My hat's off and heart goes out to you. What a gut wrenching event. Been there. Not cool.
Hope you can salvage something. Maybe DJI will lend a hand? We'll see I guess.

Anyway... hope the best for you... on ALL fronts.

Best,
Frederick
2015-3-20
Use props
trailtec
lvl.2

Australia

If this was a lost battery connection that would make what, three on here in the last couple of weeks?
I make doubly sure mine is locked in tight these days so if I have one come loose it won't be my fault!
2015-3-20
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

Post pics of your damages
2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Not one to sit around and memorialize my losses.  I chose to rebuild and am actively pursuing that even as I post this.  Had all my electronics checked today, got all my necessary parts, was able to salvage a few things from the original that I had added on.  My goal is to be in the air the first good flying day next week.
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules